GUILTY AL - J.B. Beasley & Tracie Hawlett, both 17, murdered, Ozark, 31 July 1999 *ARREST in 2019* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I had a question. Does anyone know exactly or close to (with a sign or landmark on a map) the place where McCraney lived when he moved in August 1999? The address according to the autopsy information is RR 3 Box 113. It is hard to find this location.

I tried following the directional information as close as possible. In my opinion, it looks like the location is way out past Quinn and Sons Auto Salvage on 27. Then you keep going and would turn at the sign for New Jerusalem Holiness Church?

This is my guess since I am not from Alabama. I have been wrong about locations in this case before.

I had a question. Does anyone know exactly or close to (with a sign or landmark on a map) the place where McCraney lived when he moved in August 1999? The address according to the autopsy information is RR 3 Box 113. It is hard to find this location.

I tried following the directional information as close as possible. In my opinion, it looks like the location is way out past Quinn and Sons Auto Salvage on 27. Then you keep going and would turn at the sign for New Jerusalem Holiness Church?

This is my guess since I am not from Alabama. I have been wrong about locations in this case before.

I will try to find it. But the news has reported he lived within a mile of Herring ave.

I will try to find it. But the news has reported he lived within a mile of Herring ave.
Agreed. Awhile back it was mentioned either his exact address or block number, and I do recall after looking at a map that it was within reasonable walking distance of the crime. Sorry I don't recall exact address. I also believe he moved to another area of the city since then. If I'm wrong, someone can correct me.

Agreed. Awhile back it was mentioned either his exact address or block number, and I do recall after looking at a map that it was within reasonable walking distance of the crime. Sorry I don't recall exact address. I also believe he moved to another area of the city since then. If I'm wrong, someone can correct me.

Also, I should've written walking distance of where the car was found.

I was reading back over the past threads for longer than I wanted to tonight lol, and I saw along the way the answer to your question along the way just by chance! I copied it as I knew I wouldn't remember it, and here is the address McCraney lived at at the time, the street anyways. Ed Lisenby Drive

Last edited:
I was reading back over the past threads for longer than I wanted to tonight lol, and I saw along the way the answer to your question along the way just by chance! I copied it as I knew I wouldn't remember it, and here is the address McCraney lived at at the time, the street anyways. Ed Lisenby Drive

I think I need to rephrase my question. Where did McCraney live AFTER the murders? According to information about his electric bill, he moved from Lisenby Drive to RR3 Box 113 a few weeks after the murders. Supposedly he lived in a trailer at this location.

Where is RR3 Box 113 in Ozark, AL? I followed the directions from the autopsy information as best I could and ended up in a very rural area on the outskirts of Ozark. So I have a general idea, but I was wondering if anyone had the actual address for RR3 Box 113? What road is that? What landmarks or road intersections are nearby? From the directions it looks like he moved from Lisenby Drive in town to a very rural area on the outskirts of town.

I was trying to understand his locational movements after the crime.

I think I need to rephrase my question. Where did McCraney live AFTER the murders? According to information about his electric bill, he moved from Lisenby Drive to RR3 Box 113 a few weeks after the murders. Supposedly he lived in a trailer at this location.

Where is RR3 Box 113 in Ozark, AL? I followed the directions from the autopsy information as best I could and ended up in a very rural area on the outskirts of Ozark. So I have a general idea, but I was wondering if anyone had the actual address for RR3 Box 113? What road is that? What landmarks or road intersections are nearby? From the directions it looks like he moved from Lisenby Drive in town to a very rural area on the outskirts of town.

I was trying to understand his locational movements after the crime.

Ah, so my answer was for nothing lol. Yes, I had seen that he moved after the crime but I can't recall the street address although I think it was available through research online.

In addition, public records list Dothan, AL (a street name is also given but easy enough to look up and I don't want to list it as it is other family members there at this time) as his residence, although of course he is being held in prison at present. I believe his second wife and he married in 2000 and that she lives in Dothan, according to social media and public records.

It’s Route 3. That’s the way rural addresses were labeled here through the 90s-early00s. Then we got enhanced 911. Rural routes were changed and each road was given the name of County Road with its own road number. That’s why you can’t find the old RR3 address anymore.

It’s Route 3. That’s the way rural addresses were labeled here through the 90s-early00s. Then we got enhanced 911. Rural routes were changed and each road was given the name of County Road with its own road number. That’s why you can’t find the old RR3 address anymore.

Where is Route 3 in Ozark, AL? I cannot find it. What landmarks or businesses are located along the road if you drove down it?

Rt 3 no longer exists. All the rural roads that used to be Rt1, or 2, or 3 etc have been renamed County Rd and each road given a number. Someone that lived in Dale County before the switch over might remember the area that was Rt 3. It would be made up of several roads, not just one.

Yesterday I washed my car. Today I had some type of sandy mud that formed a pattern on the outside of my back tire. It also splashed up slightly onto the quarter panel above the tire area. I could not figure out how this could be since the only places I went today were paved parking lots. I do not know how I could get mud on my tire when the only places I drove were dry roads. I think I drove slowly through some type of puddle in a parking lot that must have had this sandy mud in the puddle. That left the pattern on my tire.

I think wherever J.B. Beasley and Tracie Hawlett went that night it probably included some type of parking lot with some type of standing water. Since it was night, there was also probably a light nearby. When I saw the mud pattern on my tire, I thought about this case.

I just went back to thread 1, pages 7-11+. For those of you who have joined this case later on, I think that section is still relevant. Obviously the discussion about the white truck is no longer meaningful, but the pictures of the town and areas of interest to the case are. Also, some of the discussion is as well. I suggest reading it, either for the first time or re reading it. You might find it interesting how the locations that were photographed and discussed can pertain to Coley MaCraney.

Last edited:
I don’t think they ran in the same circles. I could be wrong. But there is an odd chance he could’ve seen her at a party or in a group and that would be his claim that he knew her.

Killarney Rose, I went to school with them, they both had the same circle of friends (at least in school). They were in with the popular crowd.

McCraney ran in the same crowd as JB and Tracie in high school?

Killarney Rose, I went to school with them, they both had the same circle of friends (at least in school). They were in with the popular crowd.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velvetshadow
Back