GUILTY AL - J.B. Beasley & Tracie Hawlett, both 17, murdered, Ozark, 31 July 1999 *ARREST in 2019* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm very curious if the hearing recordings posted on a local "news" Facebook site are legal. It has attorney and judge's verbal exchanges videoed but only showing what looks like a pantsleg, so audio only.

I'm very curious if the hearing recordings posted on a local "news" Facebook site are legal. It has attorney and judge's verbal exchanges videoed but only showing what looks like a pantsleg, so audio only.

I may have thoughts on this. However I do not involve myself in “mainstream” social media for professional reasons.
If you could provide a bit more detail (a link or the Facebook group name along with date of the posting) I might be able to give a bit more of an idea.

Facebook and other social media are still a bit of the Wild West of the internet. I take everything with a large grain of salt.

ok. I have listened to this. The audio is poor except for attorney Harrison’s bellowing which I recognize. Listening to what I could understand I can render the opinion that the recording is authentic as far as it being of the hearing held on 1/6/2022

Is it legal? It is fringe, but probably it is legal because the hearing was apparently open to the public even on a limited basis. It was a bit in poor taste in my opinion and hopefully was not orchestrated by any parties to the case. That could influence future hearings or worse. We will see. The gag order that Judge Filmore put into place covers the attorneys in the matter (actually all officers of the court). But he was careful to not to extend it further.

From what I heard there was nothing said that we did not already know. Judge Filmore took their oral arguments under advisement and subsequently issued the order requiring evidence to be presented to have review in chamber (but on the record always) prior to presentation in open court. I am confident he will scrutinize the witness list and latitude of questioning also.

The defense wants to introduce some unspecified hearsay evidence that they feel falls under one of the exceptions that allow it to be admissible. I expected this and am fairly confident where that is leading. Whether it gets the green flag is up in the air for the time.

Time will tell my friends. We will not be satisfied with a conviction or acquittal only, we shall require justice

Last edited:
HEARING DATE ORDER

The State has had several pending motions that have been filed earlier that have not been ruled on.
The Judge Filmore has set a hearing date of March 17, 2023 at 9:00 a.m.

I will follow up.
Thanks friends

2023 - or is that a typo - and should 2022?

2022. It was a typo.
Thank you for drawing my attention to it.

There has been another notice of discovery filed also. It is basically a notice to the court that all evidence that is intended to be used at trial has been provided to the the defense counsel.

Dropbox - Discovery Production Motion Notice January 21 2022 .pdf - Simplify your life

Thank you again for keeping me in line. I am certainly not perfect and appreciate oversight from my friends.

Last edited:
2022. It was a typo.
Thank you for drawing my attention to it.

There has been another notice of discovery filed also. It is basically a notice to the court that all evidence that is intended to be used at trial has been provided to the the defense counsel.

Dropbox - Discovery Production Motion Notice January 21 2022 .pdf - Simplify your life

Thank you again for keeping me in line. I am certainly not perfect and appreciate oversight from my friends.

Just wanted to make sure his trial wasn't postponed to 2023 - that why I asked about that March date! No problem! And thank you for the information that you provide! :)

Good evening
There were four motions that had been filed with the Court. It looks like all motione have been reviewed and all were granted by Judge Filmore.

I am posting download links below. I will withhold my usual lengthy commentary for the time being to give you time to digest the orders. I will probably give observations later. One of the requests, while not unexpected by some, can be considered quite provocative. Therefore I expect a flurry of attention on these motions.

There are three requests for production
A. Gun
B. Underwear
C. Socks

Motion “D” is request for transport of the Defendant to view any of the evidence that is in the possession of the Ozark Police Department

Dropbox - Motion (A) January 25 2022 Production - Gun .pdf - Simplify your life

Dropbox - Motion (B) January 26 2022 Production of underwear.pdf - Simplify your life

Dropbox - Motion (C) January 26 2022 For Production of Socks.pdf - Simplify your life

Dropbox - Motion (D) January 26 2022. Order for transport .pdf - Simplify your life

As always thank you for your support of justice. I think this post is probably ahead of local media reports. You got it here first folks

Last edited:
I'm kinda far behind but this is the first I have heard of the underwear and socks. Also, the letter from "SA" dang sure seems to call Tipton and his previous activities with high school girls out

I am not surprised at these requests for production. In fact, I expect more to come between now and time for trial.
I cannot find any mention in MSM relating to extrinsic clothing found at the scene other than what the girls were wearing or in possession of. This is interesting but not surprising as quite a number of details were not released to the public from the inception of the case. (Example: vaginal semen/dna).

As far as the FBI inquiry into a weapon in possession of OPD for testing, time will tell on this. This is documentation that can be verified not only from its release if it is in possession of the OPD/DA, but it will be contained within what is known as the “Sentinal” documentation system operated by the DOJ. All Federal law enforcement agencies keep meticulous records even when they are assisting only in a advisory capacity. To answer this inquiry fully the weapon/ pistol in question is hopefully still available and has not been destroyed.

As far as Lt. Tipton is concerned, the FBI is not prone to conjecture. I will be surprised if the FBI documents make assertions without a solid basis of investigative findings. Even with this in mind, I doubt that this topic would be combined in single report along with information regarding physical. evidence. It is just bad form.

I will say that defense counsel certainly has a lot of information that has came to them in one way or another prior to discovery. If their source(s) are actually valid they must be quite a “peach”.

Last edited:
The LE officers that kept the rape a secret was what tripped McCraney. There was always the semen on the jeans. That could have been explained even when he claimed not to know JB or Tracie or have sex with either teen. He wasn’t a scared kid when his DNA popped he was an adult. His DNA was only looked at after a person in his family had a partial match to a rape and double homicide. I know this case has crazy theories about cops (usually I’m the first to believe that). There was that one guy that confessed and it was false or he was messed up and maybe saw something or invented it. Coley McCraney was a few years older than his victims. Having sex with someone doesn’t make you seem guilty. Not coming forward as a 20 something year old black man after a girl you hooked up with died makes sense. When you are 40 something so-called minister with nothing to hide you don’t lie. The stuff is lawyers want to see or suggest seem to include throwing suspicion on others and twisting facts. I’m surprised he hasn’t claimed his evil soap opera twin did it.

The LE officers that kept the rape a secret was what tripped McCraney. There was always the semen on the jeans. That could have been explained even when he claimed not to know JB or Tracie or have sex with either teen. He wasn’t a scared kid when his DNA popped he was an adult. His DNA was only looked at after a person in his family had a partial match to a rape and double homicide. I know this case has crazy theories about cops (usually I’m the first to believe that). There was that one guy that confessed and it was false or he was messed up and maybe saw something or invented it. Coley McCraney was a few years older than his victims. Having sex with someone doesn’t make you seem guilty. Not coming forward as a 20 something year old black man after a girl you hooked up with died makes sense. When you are 40 something so-called minister with nothing to hide you don’t lie. The stuff is lawyers want to see or suggest seem to include throwing suspicion on others and twisting facts. I’m surprised he hasn’t claimed his evil soap opera twin did it.

I agree completely if they asked me in my early 20's I may have lied but now as a grown man if I knew I was innocent especially I would have said yea I knew her way back when we even hooked up a couple of times

I have a query of those that follow this thread.
I have followed this case for decades now. Long before this thread or website. I try to be spot on with everything , but my memory is not infallible.

I have been reviewing this case file pretty deeply in my available time. I ran across two requests for discovery by the defense dated September, 2019. The requests named two individuals that I do not ever recall being named in local news venues. Because of this fact I will not list the two individual’s names on this open thread. I will say that these subjects are not law enforcement officers and I do not believe they were connected with the Barrentine issue. (But I do not know, thus I ask). But one of the individuals were interviewed as early as August , 1999, so who knows.
I will however provide below download links for true copies of the discovery motions. They are, after all public information.

If any of my friends here can perhaps refresh my memory on what the connection is with this case that could possibly involve these subjects, I would certainly appreciate it. Please feel free to direct/private message me. I am just wanting to make sure my knowledge is complete without rehashing or confusing the current climate of the case. I want to make sure your knowledge is complete also.

Dropbox - Production Request - Bell.pdf - Simplify your life

Dropbox - Production Request - Glass.pdf - Simplify your life

As always, thank you for being what I feel is a determined team. Perhaps even friends

Harrison is an idiot. I can only think his defense strategy is to list every rumor he can think of or has ever heard to try and create reasonable doubt.

Blacklist, being from the area and knowing one of the victims, as well as, being the same age and "hearing things" myself back in those days I agree I don't think it was conjecture either. That particular officer had alot of rumors flying around him but I don't think they have any bearing on this case.

PS. Thank you for your contributions

Is there any way somebody could possibly find or get ahold of the actual FBI report of what was found and documented and maybe even pictures of the crime scene? Or have those things not been publicly released yet?

There was a motion approved yesterday to allow DNA testing by the defense counsel.
I am unable to post the specifics of said testing however as the filing of the corpus of the actual motion itself is not contained within Alacourt for public view. (There is a reason for what appears to be “gaps” in the e-paper trail of motions unavailable openly at this time. I will explain that in another post).

Dropbox - February 4 2022 McCraney DNA testing order.pdf - Simplify your life

Last edited:
Is there any way somebody could possibly find or get ahold of the actual FBI report of what was found and documented and maybe even pictures of the crime scene? Or have those things not been publicly released yet?

Not available for open disclosure prior to trial. This type of information falls within the control of the court, the DA and defense counsel. It would certainly fall close to circumventing the gag order in place for an release at this time by any of those parties or those connected.

Last edited:
This posting is of an oddly timed response to a motion request motion for request for production filed back in 2019.
The response was filed last Friday 2/4/2022.

It is in request for a Coroner’s report in this case. The State denies having one. Interest at least.
Please recall my opinion that some Prosecutors are stingy (or worse) in releasing discovery in a timely matter. Take from it what you will. I certainly do, but it does not alter my outlook of the case.

Dropbox - Response to 2019 motion for production of Coroners report.pdf - Simplify your life

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back