GUILTY AL - J.B. Beasley & Tracie Hawlett, both 17, murdered, Ozark, 31 July 1999 *ARREST in 2019* #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Monday, May 4th:
*Trial set to begin-PROBABLY POSTPONED! (@ 9am ET) – AL – J.B. Hilton Green Beasley (17) & Tracie Jean Hawlett (17) (July 31, 1999, Ozark, found August 2, 1999 in trunk of car) - *Coley Lewis McCraney (45/25 @ time of crime) arrested & charged (3/16/19) & indicted (6/10/19) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of 1st degree murder while in the act of murdering two or more persons & 1 count of 1st degree rape (Beasley). Plead not guilty. Held without bond. DA will seek DP.
Parabon Nanolabs GEDMatch DNA
Trial was set to begin on 5/4/20-cancelled due to COVID19, no further dates available as of 5/7 on court site.

Court information from 4/3/19 thru 9/15/19 reference post #61 here:
AL - AL - J.B. Beasley, 17, & Tracie Hawlett, 17, Ozark, 31 July 1999 #5 *ARREST*

9/16/19: Attorneys David Harrison & Andrew Scarborough filed a motion requesting the court to issue an order that all law enforcement officer who are in any way connected with the investigation of their client’s cases turn over to the prosecutors all notes, evidence, and materials related to the investigation. Dale County Judge William Fillmore issued an order stating the motion would be addressed during an Oct. 7 hearing, among other motions under consideration. Trial has been set to start on 2/3/20.
10/7/19 Update: After prosecutors agreed to provide McCraney’s defense team access to the evidence in the case, Dale County Circuit Judge William Filmore continued the hearing. Although court documents show an anticipated trial date for February, Harrison believes McCraney’s jury trial may start in early spring. Trial has been continued, and set for 5/4/20. Motions hearing on 2/3/20. 2/3/20: Nothing on court site thru 5/7/20. Trial on 5/4 has been cancelled due to COVID19.

I went to the rest area. It has been completely torn down and rebuilt. There is now a parking area in the back for semis. The whole thing is much larger. It sits even further back from the road than the old building did. So the new one really doesn't have any relevance to how it used to be.

Still nothing has appeared on the court site thru 7/13/20....

I went to the rest area. It has been completely torn down and rebuilt. There is now a parking area in the back for semis. The whole thing is much larger. It sits even further back from the road than the old building did. So the new one really doesn't have any relevance to how it used to be.

Thank you for going there Killarney Rose :) .... by chance are you talking about the rest area you had mentioned a few years back ?

Yes, same location, just torn down and the entire rest area rebuilt and made over.

Was following up on the latest and it dinged my memory banks that you had brought up for discussion the rest stop. For some reason I'm also recalling their may have once been a photo of it prior to the rebuild. It well could have been a location for interception .. hmm So much to process

I have come to and read this thread for as long as I can remember. I lived literally just a few towns over and still do. The entire Wiregrass area is essentially one big small town. I had met JB a couple of times and know her father well but not when the murders took place. I turned 17 about 4 days after this awful horrific tragedy occurred and have thought so many times about replying but never have so I have a lot of info floating around in my head I'm gonna try to get out. It may take a couple of posts.

1. The rest on 231 was not a very popular place after dark. It looked like somewhere they would film the grand finale of a horror movie.
2. As to how CM got anywhere I can literally think of 1,000's of possibilities. For instance, the girl that was trying to force him to take a paternity test came and picked him up so they could ride around and talk then they argued and she kicked him out. Also, since the store was closed, they could have stopped on the side of the dark road without seeing him to pee or anything (most females in south AL are comfortable peeing outside) and that's when he took them.
3. JB's father, Lanier, is a great man. I've known him for several years. I cant speak to his level of formal education but I can say he is extremely intelligent, well spoken, and have a great deal of wisdom on every topic we have ever discussed. Now with that being said I do believe the PI has knowingly or otherwise misled him.
4. Ozark is a difficult town to navigate if you aren't used to it.
5. David Harrison is a complete joke and is 100% trying to use this case for publicity which is obvious when you watch him anytime there is a camera around.
6. We have some GREAT LEO's around this area but unfortunately we also have ALOT that will use their badge or whatever it takes to get young girls.
7. MOO, as soon as CM said he didn't know JB... he was guilty

Thank you all for the time and effort you have put into this forum. I know there is alot more I have wanted to say but it's not coming to mind right now. Please ask any questions and I will do my best to get you an answer. I work as a civilian contractor on Ft Rucker so I could just about hit Ozark with a baseball right now.

I know

I have come to and read this thread for as long as I can remember. I lived literally just a few towns over and still do. The entire Wiregrass area is essentially one big small town. I had met JB a couple of times and know her father well but not when the murders took place. I turned 17 about 4 days after this awful horrific tragedy occurred and have thought so many times about replying but never have so I have a lot of info floating around in my head I'm gonna try to get out. It may take a couple of posts.

1. The rest on 231 was not a very popular place after dark. It looked like somewhere they would film the grand finale of a horror movie.
2. As to how CM got anywhere I can literally think of 1,000's of possibilities. For instance, the girl that was trying to force him to take a paternity test came and picked him up so they could ride around and talk then they argued and she kicked him out. Also, since the store was closed, they could have stopped on the side of the dark road without seeing him to pee or anything (most females in south AL are comfortable peeing outside) and that's when he took them.
3. JB's father, Lanier, is a great man. I've known him for several years. I cant speak to his level of formal education but I can say he is extremely intelligent, well spoken, and have a great deal of wisdom on every topic we have ever discussed. Now with that being said I do believe the PI has knowingly or otherwise misled him.
4. Ozark is a difficult town to navigate if you aren't used to it.
5. David Harrison is a complete joke and is 100% trying to use this case for publicity which is obvious when you watch him anytime there is a camera around.
6. We have some GREAT LEO's around this area but unfortunately we also have ALOT that will use their badge or whatever it takes to get young girls.
7. MOO, as soon as CM said he didn't know JB... he was guilty

Thank you all for the time and effort you have put into this forum. I know there is alot more I have wanted to say but it's not coming to mind right now. Please ask any questions and I will do my best to get you an answer. I work as a civilian contractor on Ft Rucker so I could just about hit Ozark with a baseball right now.

I know

I also welcome you to Websleuths and to this thread.

I want to mention this about #3. I have never met Lanier Beasley, but have talked with several people that know him and like you, they have great things to say about him. The poor man had 3 daughters and has had to bury all three of them. As a parent, I cannot imagine that pain. As for the other person you referenced, I am not aware he is/was a PI (if he is the person I am thinking of). He has acted as Lanier's advisor and even accompanied him to Court. He was formerly a member of Websleuths, but evidently was either banned or left on his own. He (according to him) thinks CM is not the killer and has his own theory as to the real killers are.

Dothan and wiregrass area is still a hotspot for COVID and not much is going on. Houston and Henry counties are at High Risk for cases so there is no telling when this case will be going to trial, did find this from McCraney's attorney, which I know McCraney has Zero chance of getting out b/c of COVID, but for his attorney to ask to release prisoners due to COVID is unsettling. They are in there for a reason, otherwise they would have been released already.
- Attorney wants Alabama prisoners released early because of coronavirus

I have never really gotten into Podcasts before, but I had some time this week and I found this one while I was looking for info on the trial, even though they mispronounce "Dothan" - it's a Long "O".. lol everyone that isn't from this area generally mispronounces it, this is a short podcast on the murders. I'm going to listen to the 3 Men and a mystery too. This is the first time I have heard that he had drug issues around the time of the murders... unless I missed that in previous posts? And around min 13, the girl cuts out a little, but it sounds like she saw in an article that McCraney stated he stepped out in front of the car to flag them down?? Is that true??
The murders of 17 year olds J.B Beasley and Tracie Hawlett. from Raven Sisters

Stay safe all !

Imo the recent Raven sisters podcast was a joke. It is no laughing matter, all the giggling was disturbing. The majority of the information is flawed or appears to be made up. No article I am aware of says ANYTHING was admitted or that they went to a second location willingly or because of an authoritative order to do so, or that anyone jumped in front of them. JB never said he did it to get the reward , DNA was tested (it wasn't lack of technology, it was lack of match), and I don't recall any articles about repeated legal trouble by CM for drug use at the time of the murders. I was VERY disappointed in it.

The Raven Sisters podcast is total rubbish imo. Full of things that are either inaccurate, made up, or guesses they decided to present as reality. The giggling throughout was disturbing as well.

Thank you for your interpretation of that podcast, Irishrose70, I won't waste my time. Giggling would be extremely off putting to me as well. I can't imagine anyone with any empathy laughing at such a terrible sequence of events culminating in two lives.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabrinalyyn
Back