Found Deceased AL - Jennifer Marshell White, 55, Moulton, 08 Apr 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they will update their website with the video later tonight, but the only thing new I saw was that the Moulton Police Department is now "getting help from the state in the search".

The chief "had a meeting with an investigator with the Alabama Attorney Generals Office".
The police chief said the state would have "more equipment that we could use to possibly check on cell phones, other cell phones to eliminate certain people, whatever we need to do we will have that option to use their equipment." "More tools to work with"

One of Jennifer's daughters (Allison) as well as the daughter's grandmother was on the video (not sure if the grandmother is Jennifer's mother or her ex mother-in-law. My guess is that it's Jennifer's mother though I can't confirm that. Only the daughter spoke, but tightly held her grandmother's hand. Both were teary. Husband was not in video.

Even though it's not a break in the case, I feel that any news is good as long as it keeps Jennifer's name and face out there for others to see. I would hate for this case to go cold.
About time they get state involved... if it was my mom, I'd be demanding it. But I'm a web sleuther

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

According to one website I looked at, Moulton has a population of 3600 and has 11 police officers. I think the help is much needed.

I took away from the news segment that they are either looking at other people or possibly if Jennifer had another cellphone. I don't think I've seen it mentioned anywhere about Jennifer having another cellphone so I take it as they are looking at the activity of other people's phones. I think that's a very good thing.

Just watched it in a newsfeed and the slight twist is that they are getting some help from the state police who have better equipment and resources. Was hoping for more[emoji853]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well they got you to watch it which is what the 'slight twist' term was for. ;)

Thank you for reporting back christy!

One of Jennifer’s daughters, EBH, has shared a video of last night’s news story on Jennifer’s FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2000332323618500&id=100009252558225

It says a PI has gotten involved, in addition to the State Police. Makes me hopeful!

Under the FB post, EBH posted some very interesting (IMO) comments regarding the text messages Jennifer sent. Posted only a half hour ago, in reply to a question posted by RLA two hours ago. I do not believe we can discuss what she says per TOS.

Will post a direct link to the video for those who do not do FB as soon as I find it.

One of Jennifer’s daughters, EBH, has shared a video of last night’s news story on Jennifer’s FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2000332323618500&id=100009252558225

It says a PI has gotten involved, in addition to the State Police. Makes me hopeful!

Under the FB post, EBH posted some very interesting (IMO) comments regarding the text messages Jennifer sent. Posted only a half hour ago, in reply to a question posted by RLA two hours ago. I do not believe we can discuss what she says per TOS.

Will post a direct link to the video for those who do not do FB as soon as I find it.

Thank you so much. I'm so curious (as I'm sure is everyone) exactly what the text messages said. While the comments didn't say specifically...I think a 'goodbye' of sorts would fit the parameters. Confirms what many of us think happened.

Maybe they will update their website with the video later tonight, but the only thing new I saw was that the Moulton Police Department is now "getting help from the state in the search".

The chief "had a meeting with an investigator with the Alabama Attorney Generals Office".
The police chief said the state would have "more equipment that we could use to possibly check on cell phones, other cell phones to eliminate certain people, whatever we need to do we will have that option to use their equipment." "More tools to work with"

One of Jennifer's daughters (Allison) as well as the daughter's grandmother was on the video (not sure if the grandmother is Jennifer's mother or her ex mother-in-law. My guess is that it's Jennifer's mother though I can't confirm that. Only the daughter spoke, but tightly held her grandmother's hand. Both were teary. Husband was not in video.

Even though it's not a break in the case, I feel that any news is good as long as it keeps Jennifer's name and face out there for others to see. I would hate for this case to go cold.

Still waiting for WAFF to post the video on its own website!

In the video Jennifer’s daughter posted on Jennifer’s FB, I do not believe the PD Chief talked about using additional equipment to check on other cell phones to eliminate certain people (my apologies in advance if he did and I missed it; I must admit, I had somewhat of a hard time understanding him).

I believe what you shared 100%. I was just wondering if they decided not to include that portion of the interview during a later broadcast, and if so, why.

Still waiting for WAFF to post the video on its own website!

In the video Jennifer’s daughter posted on Jennifer’s FB, I do not believe the PD Chief talked about using additional equipment to check on other cell phones to eliminate certain people (my apologies in advance if he did and I missed it; I must admit, I had somewhat of a hard time understanding him).

I believe what you shared 100%. I was just wondering if they decided not to include that portion of the interview during a later broadcast, and if so, why.

I found a video on their website that says it aired yesterday, but it's definitely not the one that was shown on the 6pm newscast. Same people in the video, but shorter and just different. Maybe it aired at the 4 or 5 pm showing?
Who knows?

Moulton chief to meet with state officials about missing woman

MOULTON — Moulton Police Chief Lyndon McWhorter said he’s meeting with State Bureau of Investigation officials Thursday afternoon to discuss the disappearance of a Moulton woman, who has been missing for 17 days.

[...]

“Also the attorney general’s office is assisting us with this search,” McWhorter said Wednesday afternoon. “We’re occasionally getting calls, but lately they’ve been of no help as far as providing us with new leads.”

He said the OnStar tracking on the vehicle is not operating and the last ping from her AT&T cellphone came early in the morning of April 9 from the Double Springs area. He said the National Crime Information Center and the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency have the missing woman’s information in their databases.

An aerial search of Winston County and the Bankhead National Forest two weeks ago was fruitless, he said.

McWhorter said anyone with information about the disappearance of Jennifer White should call the Police Department at 256-974-3961 or the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Department at 256-974-9291.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/news/la...cle_92bc0518-c85b-5f32-855a-0a4c181c12d5.html

It is very sad, and just so baffling. How can an entire car just vanish too? Surely even if it was driven into the lake, it would have been found by now? I’m no sleuth and have not ever been on this site until Jennifer disappeared but it really bothers me. Has anyone seen any mention in the media of who last saw her at her home and if so, did she say where she was going or what her demeanor was? 12 hours is a long time to go from being on video surveillance to the text messages, which were apparently pinged about 30 miles from her home. In the woods. Near the lake. My goodness I feel awful for this family.

It is very sad, and just so baffling. How can an entire car just vanish too? Surely even if it was driven into the lake, it would have been found by now? I’m no sleuth and have not ever been on this site until Jennifer disappeared but it really bothers me. Has anyone seen any mention in the media of who last saw her at her home and if so, did she say where she was going or what her demeanor was? 12 hours is a long time to go from being on video surveillance to the text messages, which were apparently pinged about 30 miles from her home. In the woods. Near the lake. My goodness I feel awful for this family.

Welcome to WS, Inthegrass!

If the car was driven into the lake (I’ve wondered about boat launches :(), and there isn’t much current, then it wouldn’t be difficult to find, IMO (even though there was a case in IN about 10 years ago where a missing gentleman was found still inside his vehicle, submerged in a retention pond in the subdivision where he lived, five years after his disappearance; his car apparently slipped off the road, it was very early in the morning, and no one heard anything :().

I believe it was one of Jennifer’s daughters who posted on the “Tips or any info in the search for Jennifer Marshell White” FB page that they had looked at some of the boat launches, but I don’t believe they have used any sort of specialized equipment, such as sonars.

In fact, that’s one of the things I find most perplexing in Jennifer’s case. Other than the aerial search the day after she disappeared, I don’t believe there have been any LE-led searches.

Even if her texts suggested she might harm herself, there is always a chance she changed her mind or she attempted but failed and would be alive, possibly for a week or longer. So it seems rather unusual to me that the authorities would stop looking after just a couple of days.

As to your questions about when Jennifer was last seen, I don’t believe anything has been reported.

I, too, wonder what happened during those 12 hours. My hope is that with the State Police’s assistance, they will be able to retrace her steps via phone GPS, which, as I understand, is more accurate than triangulation/pinging.

:welcome4:

One of Jennifer’s daughters, EBH, shared a screenshot of a very interesting (IMO) post by DWH with an interesting comment of her own about six hours ago:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2001874966797569&id=100009252558225

Per TOS, I don’t believe we can discuss what the shared post says, but since it is by a close family member and also it does not mention any names as to who they are talking about, I will alert the mods to see if we can with limitations.

I also find it interesting that “the attorney general’s office is assisting us [local PD] with this searches,” yet no search plans have been announced. In fact, other than the two-hour-long helicopter search the day after Jennifer was reported missing, there have been no LE-led searches.

Last Saturday, the daughters organized a volunteer-led search in the area where the last phone ping came from, but no such plans have been announced for this weekend.

Also, while “Moulton Police Chief Lyndon McWhorter said he’s meeting with State Bureau of Investigation officials Thursday afternoon to discuss the disappearance of a Moulton woman,” there have been no reports on what might have been discussed.

http://www.decaturdaily.com/news/la...cle_92bc0518-c85b-5f32-855a-0a4c181c12d5.html

Finally, when the Police Chief was interviewed earlier in the week, he “said the state would have “more equipment that we could use to possibly check on cell phones, other cell phones to eliminate certain people, whatever we need to do we will have that option to use their equipment.” “More tools to work with,” yet that portion of the interview was cut out from later broadcasts. This may not mean anything, but I did find it somewhat curious. (BBM)

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...t-Moulton-08-Apr-2018&p=14076602#post14076602

I hate to think that something terrible happened to this beautiful mom and grandma, but it looks like LE are at least considering that possibility.

All MOO.

One of Jennifer’s daughters, EBH, shared a screenshot of a very interesting (IMO) post by DWH with an interesting comment of her own about six hours ago:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2001874966797569&id=100009252558225

Per TOS, I don’t believe we can discuss what the shared post says, but since it is by a close family member and also it does not mention any names as to who they are talking about, I will alert the mods to see if we can with limitations.

I also find it interesting that “the attorney general’s office is assisting us [local PD] with this searches,” yet no search plans have been announced. In fact, other than the two-hour-long helicopter search the day after Jennifer was reported missing, there have been no LE-led searches.

Last Saturday, the daughters organized a volunteer-led search in the area where the last phone ping came from, but no such plans have been announced for this weekend.

Also, while “Moulton Police Chief Lyndon McWhorter said he’s meeting with State Bureau of Investigation officials Thursday afternoon to discuss the disappearance of a Moulton woman,” there have been no reports on what might have been discussed.

Finally, when the Police Chief was interviewed earlier in the week, he “said the state would have “more equipment that we could use to possibly check on cell phones, other cell phones to eliminate certain people, whatever we need to do we will have that option to use their equipment.” “More tools to work with,” yet that portion of the interview was cut out from later broadcasts. This may not mean anything, but I did find it somewhat curious. (BBM)

https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...t-Moulton-08-Apr-2018&p=14076602#post14076602

I hate to think that something terrible happened to this beautiful mom and grandma, but it looks like LE are at least considering that possibility.

All MOO.

I couldn't agree more about the comment on FB. We can't say why on here, but if folks read it, it's been something several of us have wondered ourselves earlier in the thread.

All MOO.
I was completely set on this being suicide until about a week ago.
If you scroll back through the pages you can see why.
She ( Jennifer) but I think many call her Marshell which is her middle name, has some pretty great friends who have been able to provide insight outside of the box.
If you put Jennifer’s name in a FB search you can see other posts and comments which may be of interest.

All MOO.

I thought that about the news recording as well. If I had known that what I watched on that newscast wouldn't be posted on the WAFF website, I would have recorded it with my phone. I know those words in quotes are the exact words I watched because I replayed 5-6 times while pausing it to be sure to get the quotes right.

As far as searches, we have had some awful spring weather here since around the time Jennifer went missing. I believe last weekend and this weekend have been the only ones that have been search-friendly since that time. I know because last weekend was the first we have been able to play a Saturday ballgame in 2 or 3 weeks. Lots of rain. This weekend is beautiful - so I'm surprised there isn't a search going on. It could be because of Relay for Life going on there this weekend? From a coworker who lives in Moulton, this is a large community event that went on last night and with another event today.

Hopefully it's not against TOS, but it's something I saw posted on FB and something I have thought about as well. I wonder why a reward hasn't been offered?
If something happened involving anyone other than leaving on her own, maybe a reward would help someone come forward. I wouldn't be surprised if someone did know something, but is waiting on a reward to come forward.

Can I quote a post made by an admin on the "Tips or any info in the search for Jennifer Marshell White" FB page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214