Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For the locals—
Were they raising 4 of her grandkids?

Moulton is a small town and I can’t imagine her husband having a ‘political career’ as a councilman, as some keep referencing here. That is no where near a full time job is it? In small towns near me, those elected positions are minimal and require very little time, and don’t carry ‘political’ clout.

Thanks for answering.

I woke up this morning thinking about the posted statement by MPD. And like you, Inmyhumbleopinion, those quotation marks strike me! The entire post is emotional, angry and dismissive. The quotes almost accuse the victims of perpetrated a hoax of some sort. Nuts really!

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...ell-white-22-days-after-disappearance-n870256

¨Beth’s children often stayed with their grandmother because Beth’s work shift starts before 4:00 a.m. Beth she said she was aware her mother and stepfather had been fighting for a few months. She said her mother told her Brent had asked for a divorce and had asked Jennifer to move out.¨

This quote is taken from the above link dated April 30. In another post she stated Jennifer helped with the children to keep them together. Most everyone I know helps with grand children one way or another. I believe statements leading people to believe they lived there day in day out is false. Jennifer had a very demanding job herself. I think they did what most families do which is to help one another.

https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/mis...ell-white-22-days-after-disappearance-n870256

¨Beth’s children often stayed with their grandmother because Beth’s work shift starts before 4:00 a.m. Beth she said she was aware her mother and stepfather had been fighting for a few months. She said her mother told her Brent had asked for a divorce and had asked Jennifer to move out.¨

This quote is taken from the above link dated April 30. In another post she stated Jennifer helped with the children to keep them together. Most everyone I know helps with grand children one way or another. I believe statements leading people to believe they lived there day in day out is false. Jennifer had a very demanding job herself. I think they did what most families do which is to help one another.

YES, thank you for this post.
I meant to find the MSM link last night and do this myself but ending up falling asleep.
I’m curious who the 4 grand children belong to.
I don’t think, and may be wrong that Beth has 4 children.

The police may have the answer to whether or not she took her purse and medications. It´s my understanding from having followed this story the daughters have not been allowed back in it.

Moulton is a small town and I can’t imagine her husband having a ‘political career’ as a councilman, as some keep referencing here. That is no where near a full time job is it? In small towns near me, those elected positions are minimal and require very little time, and don’t carry ‘political’ clout.

I don't know where you're from but this is the deep south. I'm from the neighboring state of Georgia, so perhaps I can give a little insight into this situation.

For many years up until about 1940 or so, the LE of my state's counties and towns operated 100% independently of any kind of state oversight. Essentially, every county/town was its own little fiefdom at the mercy of the honor of whichever white men were in charge. In many (most?) counties, violence and corruption (bribery, etc.) were rampant and unless you were connected to a prominent family, you had to seriously watch your step. Being a politician DID mean something in this environment: the big fish in the small pond, holding all that power.

The state stepped in in the late 1930s and created the GBI and our state troopers but it took another good forty years to bust up that entrenched culture. It still lingers in some places even though nowdays it's more about racial profiling and quotas, in my experiences.

I don't know what the story is over in Alabama, but I'm seeing at least one PD where a city councilman has the power to just walk in and dictate what that PD says in public-- in effect, he took over the Moulton PD's PR for a day. That's just crazy, IMO. It's like something out of a TV show about backward southerners, something that before now I'd laugh at and say, "oh, that would never happen." Well, I've seen it happen...

For example, did they send a couple of deputies over to the area as soon as the missing person report was filed? Did they have an ambulance ready to go close by? a

It’s like rather than to try to find her and possibly save her, they gave up right away, like they decided she was no longer alive.

One of the many problems here, IMO, is that we don't actually know​.

Why does this PD feel the need to write a post that sounds like they’re chastising a group of children and telling them to play nice with each other??

Someone needed to. Just not the Moulton PD.

http://www.waff.com/story/38116628/...ge-disappears-following-post-on-missing-woman

"Why are they attacking her? We're not talking about just one statement. Every ‘fact,’ as they said, was attacking her character and her mental state," said Cross.

Cross also denied her mother was ever diagnosed as bipolar.
It was never said in what was posted on the police FB page that she was bipolar. No claim was made. The only thing that mentions bi-polar is as a side-effect of one of the medications she was on. That aspect of the post has been totally misinterpreted.

I’m from the South.

But do we know for a fact that the husband took over their PR and wrote that info? Or is that speculation? He may have, idk, but I cant assume that unless at least her daughters have stated it or even speculated that.

Thanks.

I’m from the South.

But do we know for a fact that the husband took over their PR and wrote that info? Or is that speculation? He may have, idk, but I cant assume that unless at least her daughters have stated it or even speculated that.

Thanks.

We know he wanted it posted.

WHNT spoke with Chief Lyndon McWhorter of the Moulton Police Department over the phone and he told us one of his officers wrote the initial post. "He read it to me. I told him at the time that I was worried about the possible HIPAA violations and information about Mr. White. And I said before you post it you should talk to Mr. White before you start naming stuff. He did. Mr. White wanted it posted. It got posted."
http://whnt.com/2018/05/04/moulton-...tic-post-about-city-councilmans-missing-wife/

Is there any way a different police department could be brought in?This group is vindictive,biased,childish and frankly I wouldn't trust them to get my cat out of a tree.

Wow.I've never heard of a husband being able to control an investigation this way.Talk about conflict of interest.

Is there any way a different police department could be brought in?This group is vindictive,biased,childish and frankly I wouldn't trust them to get my cat out of a tree.

The cities/towns are mostly small. Huntsville is large compared to Moulton and the nearby towns.
I am afraid of the small towns because I live in one and the Big Ole Boy network is apparent.
I do think a new police team should be brought into the case and take over the case. Not sure if that is
allowed.

http://www.waff.com/story/38116628/...ge-disappears-following-post-on-missing-woman

"Why are they attacking her? We're not talking about just one statement. Every ‘fact,’ as they said, was attacking her character and her mental state," said Cross.

Cross also denied her mother was ever diagnosed as bipolar.

Oh for corn's sake.

JMW's daughters need to get out of their own way. If you put aside, for a moment, the fact that it was out of line for the MPD to post what they did, and just read it, the FB post is not an "attack," at least not on Jennifer.

For one thing, no one called JMW bipolar. If I'm not mistaken, the post said she was on medication that could potentially cause "new or worsening bipolar illness" -- which I took to mean that her meds could have begun to cause her some real trouble and that it's all the more crucial that she be found quickly. The daughter(s) apparently interpreted this as "calling their mother bipolar" -- not, correct me if I'm wrong, a character flaw -- and an "attack on her mental state."

That doesn't even make sense. Her mental state is probably pretty bad, yes. The woman has an intense job, a less than ideal marriage, and now we know she also is spending a lot of time caring for, if not actually housing, four children on top of that AND her known health issues. My "mental state" would be horrendous. I suppose the daughter may have actually meant "attack on her mental health", which it isn't. The post says Jennifer is on medications for her physical issues which may affect her mental health. Which is quite literally true and IMO, extremely relevant to the search for her.

As for being an "attack on her character," JMW frankly began to look like a rockstar to me when I read the part about the kids. The posts lists a number of ways she's busted her butt taking care of her family. That's an attack on her character?? Hardly. The shade thrown at Beth about the multiple fathers, etc. could certainly have been construed as an attack on her character. Not on her mother's. Which is a fight that can surely wait until after this case is resolved.

I got a slightly clearer picture of how hard JMW has been working, how lousy she probably feels both due to medical issues and prescription side-effects, how impressively strong a person she actually is, and how important it is to FIND HER ASAP. The daughters, meanwhile, are busy giving interviews about how somebody called Mama bipolar and it's in bad taste to bring up the children. I want to just shake them.

All my extremely-frustrated opinion, of course.

Why would a worker bee take it upon themselves to write something like that? Maybe Jennifer did commit suicide. But the fact that it appears that Brent has local le in his pocket, and he has gone out of his way to make Jennifer look bad....well it scares me.

Jennifer obviously had a lot of stressors. I wonder if an added stressor was that of knowing a divorce case would not go in her favor. If her hubby is in close with the PD, he probably is also with other officials in town.

It was never said in what was posted on the police FB page that she was bipolar. No claim was made. The only thing that mentions bi-polar is as a side-effect of one of the medications she was on. That aspect of the post has been totally misinterpreted.

On Friday, the Moulton Police Department released new information on Facebook. They said, among other things, White sent suicidal text messages to her family the night she left, there is no evidence of foul play, she is bipolar, was on several medications, was "believing things that are not true," and was strained from raising four children

http://m.waff.com/story/38116628/moulton-pd-facebook-page-disappears-following-post-on-missing-woman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BranVan