GUILTY AL - Kamden Johnson, 5, dies in hot day care van, Mobile, 21 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Any update on COD or other details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bump

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on religion....I guess they think that religious people will follow guidelines without having to be told. This is why we have separation of church and state. No way should someone be allowed to run a daycare, and not have to go through reglulations all because they claim religious status. If I'm not mistaken, this is only allowed in the south. SMFH

bbm
I live in NC, here in the South, and unregistered daycare doesn't happen here any more or less often than anywhere else. Certified religious-affiliated centers are treated no differently than private ones.
As we know, anyone can offer to take care of your child in his or her home -- these places are not certified or registered, not necessarily related to religion, and anything goes. That type of thing is certainly not restricted to "the South."
Certified and registered religious-affiliated day-care centers are certainly under the same jurisdiction, state statutes, laws, inspections, grading, etc., as any other non-religious day-care businesses -- no matter where the location.

There certainly could be some small lay churches that have unregistered day-care centers, but we all know that it isn't legal and it doesn't occur only in the South.
:)

Last edited:
bbm
I live in NC, here in the South, and unregistered daycare doesn't happen here any more or less often than anywhere else. Certified religious-affiliated centers are treated no differently than private ones.
As we know, anyone can offer to take care of your child in his or her home -- these places are not certified or registered, not necessarily related to religion, and anything goes. That type of thing is certainly not restricted to "the South."
Certified and registered religious-affiliated day-care centers are certainly under the same jurisdiction, state statutes, laws, inspections, grading, etc., as any other non-religious day-care businesses -- no matter where the location.

There certainly could be some small lay churches that have unregistered day-care centers, but we all know that it isn't legal and it doesn't occur only in the South.
:)
Wasn't in this case.

I have searched but haven't been able to find out anything about whether this trial happened or not.

I have searched but haven't been able to find out anything about whether this trial happened or not.

It is so weird. There is nothing out there about this trial that I can find. It’s like it never happened…Perhaps she did a plea deal, and there was no trial. Where would we be able to find that out?

Reactions: byo
It is so weird. There is nothing out there about this trial that I can find. It’s like it never happened…Perhaps she did a plea deal, and there was no trial. Where would we be able to find that out?
Not sure but I know it came out that she apparently had a terminal illness maybe? Cancer or brain tumor from my recollection that possibly effected her reasoning abilities that was undiagnosed when the child’s death occurred.

Not sure but I know it came out that she apparently had a terminal illness maybe? Cancer or brain tumor from my recollection that possibly effected her reasoning abilities that was undiagnosed when the child’s death occurred.

I had heard nothing about that. I have tried to search for information on this many times, but I’ve never seen a reference to that. Do you remember where you heard that info?

In 2017, she sued DHS for taking custody of her child:

Woman charged in day care death sues DHR for trying to take custody of child

The lawsuit against DHR went on to say, "DHR asserts that an accusation of criminal conduct is sufficient to remove this child from her mother's custody and care, even in the absence of allegations of abuse, neglect or harm against the minor child... DHR is interfering with the constitutional rights of a parent." Read the full civil suit document here. Tuesday, Patterson's attorney, Christine Hernandez, said her client is innocent until proven guilty, so she believes DHR has no right to take custody of the child.

Valarie Patterson's lawsuit against DHR moved to juvenile court

Now that the case has been moved to juvenile court, all documents in the case will be sealed, so we will be unable to inform you how the suit will play out.

Then in 2019, she was supposed to go to trial in November. I wonder if it was delayed, then COVID hit causing additional delays?

Daycare death case will go to trial in November

Patterson's trial is scheduled to begin on November 4.

After that... nothing. I have reached out to the news station that was covering this and asked if they have any new information.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back