Found Deceased AL- Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the vehicle Birmingham PD believes was involved in the kidnapping of 3-year-old Kamille McKinney. It was recovered at a condominium complex in Center Point. A person of interest is also in custody. No sign of the child yet.

Chip Scarborough on Twitter

Attachments

• 3223339C-74A6-4ED1-9FFD-811A02CE8E6C.jpeg
    3223339C-74A6-4ED1-9FFD-811A02CE8E6C.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 7D0964B5-0603-424E-B379-91A3AF27968E.jpeg
    7D0964B5-0603-424E-B379-91A3AF27968E.jpeg
    78.6 KB · Views: 76
Chip Scarborough on Twitter
This is the vehicle Birmingham PD believes was involved in the kidnapping of 3-year-old Kamille McKinney. It was recovered at a condominium complex in Center Point. A person of interest is also in custody. No sign of the child yet.
EGzjFJTX4AAf11h.jpg

EGzjFJQXkAIPeGr.jpg

10:29 PM - 13 Oct 2019

Drew Taylor on Twitter
Person of interest detained, suspect vehicle located in search for 3-year-old Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney
10:18 PM - 13 Oct 2019 from Vestavia Hills, AL

Amber Alert issued for 3-year-old girl kidnapped from Birmingham, AL
Police say they located the suspect’s vehicle and a person of interest at an apartment complex in Center Point, Ala.

There is heavy police presence at the scene. Please check back for updates.
They found him but not the child?
I hope she is with the woman and is safe and unharmed!

Something tells me that this is a very personal kidnapping and not random at all. I believe the suspect will be known to mom/dad or both.

Either way, I'm hoping that she is with someone safe at this moment and will be back with mom and dad by morning. Let's hope the suspect talks and tells everything.

I know that. I said maybe they spotted the vehicle while arresting this other guy for failure to appear.

IMO much more likely someone called it in based on seeing it on the news or Amber Alert. Easily recognizable vehicle and was published all over. Or just heavy law enforcement presence all over the area looking for her.

I'm on my 5th Macoun apple of the day, while hoping and praying this little darling is found safe and fast.

Someone mentioned above this could be personal, but how would they have known that Cupcake was going to be at a friend's birthday party at that time and place? The party was already what, 2-3 hours old, and a bunch of children were playing. It had to have been dark out, right?

binson@al.com

The search for a 3-year-old girl abducted from a birthday part in Birmingham Saturday night saw a major break exactly 24 hours after her disappearance when a suspect vehicle was found and a person of interest taken into custody.

Birmingham police and Jefferson County sheriff’s deputies about 8 p.m. Sunday descended upon Woodside Condominiums on Shadowood Circle off Roebuck Parkway across from the Cathedral of the Cross. Police officials confirmed the Toyota Sequoia was recovered and the man depicted in surveillance photos released by police was taken into custody.

Kamille 'Cupcake’ McKinney abduction: Man detained after 3-year-old taken from Birmingham birthday party

SFA:

The search for a 3-year-old girl abducted from a birthday part in Birmingham Saturday night saw a major break exactly 24 hours after her disappearance when a suspect vehicle was found and a person of interest taken into custody.

Birmingham police and Jefferson County sheriff’s deputies about 8 p.m. Sunday descended upon Woodside Condominiums on Shadowood Circle off Roebuck Parkway across from the Cathedral of the Cross. Police officials confirmed the Toyota Sequoia was recovered and the man depicted in surveillance photos released by police was taken into custody.

“I feel a little better that they got him but the search goes on because Cupcake still isn’t home,'' said her father, 27-year-old Dominic McKinney. “We’re still not stopping. I feel better that they caught him, I do, but until I see that baby, they can catch him all day. We will find her tonight.”

I'm on my 5th Macoun apple of the day, while hoping and praying this little darling is found safe and fast.

Someone mentioned above this could be personal, but how would they have known that Cupcake was going to be at a friend's birthday party at that time and place? The party was already what, 2-3 hours old, and a bunch of children were playing. It had to have been dark out, right?
That, and those previous reports of the occupants of that vehicle trying to kidnap other kids would have to be false.

This appears to be a crime of opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member