Found Deceased AL- Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, what?!

Now the woman got out and grabbed her?
Now it’s an older dark colored SUV?
Now the POI is a white female?

Well we definitely didn’t see a white woman being hauled out in cuffs... so maybe that was at another location.

Hopefully this report is wrong because geez.

The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency said an older, dark-colored SUV pulled up and a woman snatched Kamille up into the vehicle before they drove off, WMAZ reported.
The family did not immediately call the police, but instead, searched the neighborhood themselves first for the missing toddler, WBRC reported.

“As many families think that they can resolve their issue on their own, they think that they can do just a quick search of the neighborhood or area to find a missing person or missing child,” Chief Smith told reporters. “There was a little bit of a delay in getting the information to law enforcement so we can conduct a thorough grid search of the entire area before putting out an AMBER Alert.”
Chief Smith said police had taken two persons of interest into custody – a black man and a white woman who were believed to be linked to the kidnapping, Today reported.

The chief said investigators believed there were more suspects involved in the kidnapping.
AMBER Alert: Search Now Nationwide For Kidnapped 3-Year-Old Girl

RULES:
The Rules

If these persons are named as suspects THEY ARE FAIR GAME on SM. But newbies you can’t name any other person who’s name appears on Social Media who has not been named by Law Enforcement. It’s going to be very important that there is not chaos here. We have to keep this thread open. We are running out of TIME.

RULES:

If these persons are named as suspects THEY ARE FAIR GAME.

We are so ready. Minds are gonna be blown.

I personally am hoping for a press conference later today with charges. My hope is that when those are announced that we get first middle and last names.

And aliases and criminal history and life story.....

Grab a chair and hold on. This shites about to GO DOWN. Moo

ETA:

As soon as they release these names and charges it’s ON.

I hope so! I can barely stand to look at a little cupcake without getting worked up! I didn't read the whole thread because I got way too far behind. I have been trying to get caught up reading news articles.

We are so ready. Minds are gonna be blown.

And aliases and criminal history and life story.....

I haven’t taken one peek over on SM. Honestly. I do that on purpose most of the time so as to not get “tunnel vision”, plus I don’t do fb anyway, long story short, I’ve been PMing everyone saying “gimme all the rumors you got!” Haven’t read them yet though.

What do you mean? Minds blown? My mind is already blown. I’m scared.

Don’t answer that question (YET my friend!). :)

RULES:
The Rules

If these persons are named as suspects THEY ARE FAIR GAME on SM. But newbies you can’t name any other person who’s name appears on Social Media who has not been named by Law Enforcement. It’s going to be very important that there is not chaos here. We have to keep this thread open. We are running out of TIME.

Is there a link for the Alabama court system, where we can look up the charges current and previous?

Just making sure all bases are covered.

Imho

The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency said an older, dark-colored SUV pulled up and a woman snatched Kamille up into the vehicle before they drove off, WMAZ reported.
The family did not immediately call the police, but instead, searched the neighborhood themselves first for the missing toddler, WBRC reported.

“As many families think that they can resolve their issue on their own, they think that they can do just a quick search of the neighborhood or area to find a missing person or missing child,” Chief Smith told reporters. “There was a little bit of a delay in getting the information to law enforcement so we can conduct a thorough grid search of the entire area before putting out an AMBER Alert.”
Chief Smith said police had taken two persons of interest into custody – a black man and a white woman who were believed to be linked to the kidnapping, Today reported.

The chief said investigators believed there were more suspects involved in the kidnapping.
AMBER Alert: Search Now Nationwide For Kidnapped 3-Year-Old Girl

I thought the original story was that the male got out of the vehicle and grabbed the child.

Is that a typo or is it a valid change in the story?

Last edited:
@MissMalowe : Oh, no-- not at all ! :)
Apologies if it came across that way.

I think I understood the 'gist' of your comment !
Caveats at this time make this case feel so hampered.
Bound by bureaucracy and red tape.

Wanting to say ' Do something, this is an emergency'.

I wish the powers that be would amend this and say--- if Cupcake is returned safely --you get the reward. (unless you're the one(s) who took her in the first place.)
Just feels like more people know what's going on than are revealing to LE.
Frustrating.

I want to go there, "guns a-blazing" (not real firearms, verbal demands only) --- and threaten, shout if needed -- and make them reveal where she is !!
Life isn't like that.
Just wishing.
By "them" I mean if LE have any viable suspects.

Last edited:
I thought the originally story was that the male got out of the vehicle and grabbed the child.

Is that a typo or is it a valid change in the story?

Nice catch.

Who knows.

Maybe an error.

Bump
Inmate Search

You can see current inmates and all bookings going back 11 years.

If no names get published I am going to be so disappointed that I won't get to hear what y'all are busting to talk about. I am clueless.

I’m clueless too. (On purpose)

ETA:

Whatever the situation I’m curious as Heck bc random M/F are rare, especially of a three year old MOO.

Last edited:
RULES:
The Rules

Sorry one more thing, NO SCREENSHOTS Allowed PEriOd. Even of the Suspects.

Last edited:
Anyone who is a parent of little ones will know how quickly a 3 year old can run off .
Mom of Cupcake drops her off for the party.
Did mom's cousin know she was supposed to watch her ?
If so, was it understood that the older child was to keep an eye on her ?
Some hard questions, I know.

It's just that it seems like this was preventable.

Yet if cousin was not aware Cupcake had been dropped off ; or the 11 year old had to watch too many kids himself and lost track of Kamille ... maybe not preventable , but bound to happen ?
As in --- there were too many children to babysit, and the people there at the party and football game couldn't be expected to watch all of the children who were present ?
About how many adults at this B-day party ?
And if the 3 year old's mom and her dad weren't there, was this cousin considered a responsible person ?
So. What I’m getting from this is that he was at the station, informed LE that his child’s mother is the one that orchestrated her kidnapping in order to “get ransom money” from him. Hence the large LE presence at the apt complex right now. She must be there.
I thought I heard him call her his ‘baby momma’.

He indicated that Kamille (Cupcake) would be none to friendly with s stranger!MOO

Thanks to both Websleuther’s who I quoted in this post.

This almost is like reading tea leaves but my impression from Kamille’s father was she is a very good mother and a hard worker and went to work everyday. If I swirl my tea cup I am going to guess that Kamille’s mother couldn’t afford daycare and depended on her 11 year old son and the cousin who lives at Tom Brown Housing to help care for Kamille. Perhaps paying her a nominal amount for child care?Mr. McKinney was also emphatic that he personally would be opposed to the cousin living at Tom Brown Housing to watch Kamille.(I will call this post a ’theory’ because I have seen him speak of this only once; IF someone remembers the quote & link I would appreciate posting it)

I also remember her father emphasized that Kamille was not friendly and this was also mentioned by her grandmother. (My theory only since I do not have link BUT if any does please help me out) It sounds like Kamille put up a good fight if her shoes came off.

We are family friendly at Websleuths and I want to say Mr. McKinney indicated that Kamille’s mother had some very good qualities; like she was a good mother and he reiterated a very hard worker. What a choice for the poor mother work and pay the rent or not work and perhaps be homeless.I know her family is hurting Just listening to her father almost makes me break down and cry. He seems so sincere and loves his daughter unconditionally.

I cannot speak to the accusation’s of his extortion accusation against Kamille’s mother? As I said the father is rightfully frightened and he has said he would pay anything to get her back.:( Tears for the family may Kamille return home safe.

My theory and opinion only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads