GUILTY AL - Katelynn Arnold, 9, found hanged in tree, Ragland, 11 May 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Oh, how horrible! Makes my heart break just thinking of what led up to this senseless death.

RIP sweet girl.

Awful. RIP, sweet girl. Where are her/their parents??

St. Clair County is considered part of North Alabama. North Alabama has an enormous methamphetamine problem. I don't know if any of you have seen the the documentary called "Meth Mountain" but it is a mountain in north Alabama actually called Sand Mountain.

This might explain the lack of parenting and the foster care situation.

That poor little girl, my heart just breaks for her. She must have suffered both fear and pain. Why did this happen? Where are the parents? Why was she fostered?

I woke up and read this early today and just couldn't believe it. I kept thinking it had to be some kind of accident. Then we could be angry that no one bothered to remove the rope but to hear that her half brother did this to her is unthinkable.

Rest in Peace precious little one. I'm so sorry your life was short and such a tragic ending.

http://www.wsfa.com/story/18311778/sheriff-girls-half-brother-charged-with-her-murder

"The sheriff says Katelynn had been riding her bike at her foster family's house when her half-brother called her over. Surles didn't elaborate on what happened next, but says the boy went inside the house to go to sleep around 7:15 p.m."

Ugh.

Look at this angels picture.

from your link:

The sheriff noted that Katelynn's feet were touching the ground when her body was found. One end of the cotton rope was tied around a tree limb and the other was tied in what Sheriff Surles described as a figure-eight knot around Katelynn's neck.

This case sends chills down my spine.

Attachments

• katelyn.jpg
    katelyn.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 115
This is heartbreaking. I almost couldn't open the thread. My prayers go out to the family. I can't imagine.... Sleep peacefully Katelynn.

I wonder about the meth problem someone mentioned above. Or what's that game the kids play with the ropes? Something like getting high and a few have died from it?

As a parent of a 9 year old, I've noticed just in the immediate neighborhood, children don't seem to give the same age difference respect we did as kids back in the 70's. Some of the things I hear from my 3rd grade son, that he hears from 7th graders (older siblings of friends his age), blows my mind.

I'm saddened for all involved. Heartbreaking.

It is truly heartbreaking. I don't think I will ever understand it. :rose:

Look at this angels picture.

from your link:

This case sends chills down my spine.

Mine too Lovejac because I grew up near Ragland and visited relatives there. Ragland is a dumpy little country town and many of the folks are uneducated. I can't really explain the mindset of some of those Bama folks here at WS. Let's just say some folks values and beliefs are extreme. JMO from some conversations I heard from my own relatives and DV I witnessed while growing up.

I am glad the young man will be tried as an adult.

RIP Sweet Katelynn. Fly with the Angels!

moo

wm

11002765-small.jpg

This is just so hard to understand. Did her brother do it intentionally or was it a game that went wrong? Did he do it to scare her and it went too far? We may never know.

IF he did it on purpose, this young boy has serious problems and I doubt he will ever change. moo

11002765-small.jpg

This is just so hard to understand. Did her brother do it intentionally or was it a game that went wrong? Did he do it to scare her and it went too far? We may never know.

IF he did it on purpose, this young boy has serious problems and I doubt he will ever change. moo

From an above link the police said it was intentional and his intent was for her to die. :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that it was a thrill kill. We don't know the full story yet.

Whatever happened, its a terrible tragedy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back