GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
wow still not a peep from L.E. or medical examiner....if it was accident I would think they would release that asap to calm neighborhood she was found in. I also wonder if becouse of hubbys background..job ect maybe some special treatment thru this begining of case

I wonder if she was just drunk and slipped on ice and hit her head, maybe it wasn't murder. There looks to be snow in pictures. There is a lot of blood on the street and head wounds bleed a lot. In her drunken head injured state she could have taken off her clothes and put the bottle there on her cell phone. I guess we need to know more about where her clothes were found ect.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...n/news-story/0a075a434b8b0cfbbcadb892b7739955

This report is the first I've heard of husband reportedly telling LE that he was at a sports bar the night in question. Also with all the liquor store video speculation of who she's in with in the store, I think it would be easy for LE to do a vehicle registration check and see if the family owned a black Chevy that was shown in the video. I'll repeat myself, something reeks of a cover-up.

I wonder if she was just drunk and slipped on ice and hit her head, maybe it wasn't murder. There looks to be snow in pictures. There is a lot of blood on the street and head wounds bleed a lot. In her drunken head injured state she could have taken off her clothes and put the bottle there on her cell phone. I guess we need to know more about where her clothes were found ect.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...n/news-story/0a075a434b8b0cfbbcadb892b7739955

I just read got around to reading this. That picture with the snow was taken a few days after the murder. There is one in the Facebook group that was taken on Saturday. There was no snow on the ground the morning she was found.

This report is the first I've heard of husband reportedly telling LE that he was at a sports bar the night in question. Also with all the liquor store video speculation of who she's in with in the store, I think it would be easy for LE to do a vehicle registration check and see if the family owned a black Chevy that was shown in the video. I'll repeat myself, something reeks of a cover-up.

Wondering if they went their separate ways after the video. Surely he wouldn't lie. He's a college campus cop so you'd think he'd know better.....

Holy batman! thanks for the news article colette, definatly helped fill in a few of the many missing gaps. Sure does look like hubby style of hat and same brand on sweathshirt I have seen him wear in different pics (H).... Interesting news of they went to sports bar together that night. ..and the news video!!! https://www.facebook.com/AshleighBanfield/videos/10156016579564757/
definatly feel a coverup after watching this news video.

yep, I think this was something staged to look like something else.

She did not have anything on below the waist. Rules out suicide or that she was just hanging out in the street IMO.

Yeah, I seriously doubt she was out in the street in just a bra and nothing else. And again, why the liquor bottle placed on the phone? And it's the SAME sort of bottle that the husband had in his Instagram photo. The whole thing is really weird. I believe they both got drunk that night. I don't know for sure that the husband did anything; it could have been someone else. Anything is possible. But two things are likely:

1. She knew her attacker, and
2. It was a man she was romantically tied to.

Where was her vehicle found? I'm guessing it's not missing since the police haven't been looking for it.

Also where was her handbag? That would be interesting to know.

I'm sure the police will find a lot of info by analyzing the cell phones and the security system. They have an adt sign in the yard. Hopefully they have a working system. Adt keeps a log of the sensor activity. I can log into their website or their app and see mine.

In my mind accident isn't ruled out, but I lean towards foul play. I just don't see an accident if the cell phone and bottle were played like the eye witness described.

If it was deemed an accident, LE wouldn't have reported many days ago that it was being investigated as a Homicide.

With the amount of blood found in the street, she died right there. There should be a blood trail if she was injured initially somewhere else.

Trying to sleuth at least a theory for the start of the night. I've read the husband made a statement that they were at a sports bar, prolly had something to eat, and the drinks were tasting good, so they have no alcohol at home and stop/shop at 8:45 in what seems like a happy/pre-lubricated mood from the store video. The husband then posts instagram pick of Lucid absinthe, with the sugar cubes online, which is my speculation from their house after they leave store. I wasn't familiar with this liquor until I read the stages on how to prepare a drink similar to a science project, not to mention it's above average alcohol content. Along with a bottle of Jameson's, these two had plans on getting college drunk that night. I think I've also read somewhere that the husband's statement has no mention of stopping to get liquor, just out at the sports bar together, why not mention the liquor stop. What happened into the wee hours is a mystery, but the forensics don't lie, especially with the amount of blood and no blood trail. Murdered on the spot, or dumped?

Stratocaster, I had the same thought re: they go out first and decide they want more alcohol.

I'd be very interested to hear how/when the husband and Kat were separated or when he last saw her. The drinking/picking up alcohol seems like they were planning on hanging out with each other for the evening. But why wouldn't he notice his wife was missing? Why wouldn't he go look for her? I also find it very strange that he was somehow on the scene when she was discovered but the police hadn't been called yet.

Also, I have some doctor friends, they say that you can easily tell the difference between blunt trauma from an object or accidental injury. According to my friend location of wound would tell a lot. Not that we know that.

Do we know exactly when the husband arrived on the scene?

Reports have said her husband was briefly on the scene shortly after she was discovered by the neighbour's daughter heading to work a 5am. I wonder if he woke from a drunk stupor and wondered where his wife was, then peered outside, or maybe, he knew his wife went on a 'paid' date, and was awaiting her return, passes out for a while then wakes and checks around the house and peers outside. I have a feeling they were both incredibly intoxicated that night, and husband probably still very drunk at shortly after 5am.

Reports have said her husband was briefly on the scene shortly after she was discovered by the neighbour's daughter heading to work a 5am. I wonder if he woke from a drunk stupor and wondered where his wife was, then peered outside, or maybe, he knew his wife went on a 'paid' date, and was awaiting her return, passes out for a while then wakes and checks around the house and peers outside. I have a feeling they were both incredibly intoxicated that night, and husband probably still very drunk at shortly after 5am.

Back to assuming she was a prostitute? What she did for a living was LEGAL, and I think it's appalling that people have taken that and turned it into prostitution. Appalling. Where did you get the idea that she EVER went on "paid dates"?????? Posting photographs and selling your body for money are two completely different things.

All of these ideas about prostitution and stalkers are speculation and conjecture; nothing more. There is zero evidence that any of this came into play in this case; I've not heard one peep about her being a prostitute. But that doesn't stop some people from posting things about "paid dates" and the like. :notgood:

Back to assuming she was a prostitute? What she did for a living was LEGAL, and I think it's appalling that people have taken that and turned it into prostitution. Appalling. Where did you get the idea that she EVER went on "paid dates"?????? Posting photographs and selling your body for money are two completely different things.

Strictly with forensics and body location and head injury, and nothing of a local press conference with this amount of time gone by, how do you think she was killed?

Sounds like someone came up behind her and bashed her in the head with something. That's what it sounds like to me. Now, I have no clue why she would have been wearing so few clothes and I don't "get" the bottle on the cell phone thing. But it does sound like a "blunt force trauma" to the head.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee
Back