GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:loveyou:
I just caught up with this thread, but this is an interesting point. IMO either it was heat of the moment or someone wanted her found - esp since she was nude. No blood trail, no noise noticed by neighbors. She knew her assailant. Body position is interesting. Is it possible she was fooling around with the neighbor who's yard she was found in?

Hoping the police make some headway on finding whoever did this.

Possibly opened the car door, shoved her out..left her phone with her drink on top. What happened after liquor store?
Hope some house had a camera toward the area.

An autopsy was performed by the Shelby County Coroner’s office, and its report was unable to confirm a cause of death, the Shelby County Reporter reported.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ya...cal-rumors-internet-detectives-164713377.html. WTF???

That's strange. This local news article states the cause and manner of death were determined:

"The Shelby County Coroner’s Office confirmed that an autopsy was performed on West’s body on Monday, Jan. 15. Coroner Lina Evans said they were able to determine the cause and manner of West’s death, but are unable to release further information."

http://www.shelbycountyreporter.com...west-seen-in-liquor-store-hours-before-death/

All of these ideas about prostitution and stalkers are speculation and conjecture; nothing more. There is zero evidence that any of this came into play in this case; I've not heard one peep about her being a prostitute. But that doesn't stop some people from posting things about "paid dates" and the like. :notgood:

Speculating is what we do. As long as it's within TOS. Although I don't subscribe to the stalker theory, I have no problem with someone that promotes it.

All of these ideas about prostitution and stalkers are speculation and conjecture; nothing more. There is zero evidence that any of this came into play in this case; I've not heard one peep about her being a prostitute. But that doesn't stop some people from posting things about "paid dates" and the like. :notgood:

Sadly, there are going to be these kinds of rumors flying around until the matter is resolved. It must be terrible for her family. I can only imagine the kinds of rumors that are going around that town. I hope the police can solve this mystery quickly for everyone's sake. My heart is breaking for her daughter.

Reminder:

Please stay on topic. Do not sleuth the family or the family's social media or discuss the minor child of the victim, who is also a victim in this case.

Do not discuss comments made on Facebook or under articles or bring those comments over here. That is a TOS violation.

If you have questions about what you may or may not post, please PM a moderator and we will be happy to help.

Something I noticed, it may be nothing, but it makes me wonder...

In an earlier report (https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...at-west-alabama-mom-risqu-online-life-n840046), it mentions that Kat stopped going to the gym a few months earlier. Quote:

“Word of West's death was met with sadness at the gym where she worked out until she dropped her membership a few months ago.”

It also mentions her recent SM activity:

“Similar content was posted on Twitter, where West's presence began in March 2016.

Initially, West just tweeted links to a site where she sold clothes, including dresses, coats, shoes and kid's wear. The feed took a sharp turn on Aug. 11, when she tweeted: "Happy Frisky Friday — Let's get this party started," with a link to the pay-per-view site. ”

<modsnip>

It just seems to me &#8212; IMO/JMO &#8212; that something changed in the months leading up to her death.

(Why would she quit the gym? She had a perfect figure and reason to maintain it! <modsnip>)

I&#8217;m wondering if she had a stalker.

As always, JMO, just asking questions.

Something I noticed, it may be nothing, but it makes me wonder...
..... it mentions that Kat stopped going to the gym a few months earlier. Quote:

It also mentions her recent SM activity:

Initially, West just tweeted links to a site where she sold clothes, including dresses, coats, shoes and kid's wear. The feed took a sharp turn on Aug. 11, when she tweeted: "Happy Frisky Friday &#8212; Let's get this party started," with a link to the pay-per-view site. &#8221;

It just seems to me &#8212; IMO/JMO &#8212; that something changed in the months leading up to her death.

I&#8217;m wondering if she had a stalker.

Sounds to me like she needed money.

No public press conference or word from LE seems strange. If I lived in that community I would definitely want to hear something from LE. Wait and see.

No public press conference or word from LE seems strange. If I lived in that community I would definitely want to hear something from LE. Wait and see.

It is rather common for LE to go silent after 2-3 weeks after the victim was found murdered. I think the reason they have not publicly said anything of late is they have no additional information to add, but of course they are continuing to investigate the case.

I would think the possible potential list of suspects could be rather long. I read a Heavy.com article about her subscription sites and one of the perks were the paid followers were able to private message with Kat.

So LE will have to serve warrants to each of these sites to be able to see the full conversations during private messaging and by whom, if any. That could take up to a month or more to get them all back in.

Imo, they have not come to a determination yet who the suspect is and that is why we have heard no updates where they usually come out and say they have a POI or suspect even if they do not publicly name the POI or suspect. Since they have not even done that, I don't think they know who the suspect is at this time.

Hopefully, that changes soon as they gather more evidence. I think her communication data would be highly important in their investigation.

JMO though

The woman had her own website on OnlyFans, where you can subscribe for $15.99 per month to see her content. According to OnlyFan&#8217;s website, the benefits to having a subscription to someone&#8217;s page are as follows:

Apart from having exclusive access to all the private content being posted by that OnlyFans user, you also have the benefit of being able to communicate with them directly via our &#8216;Direct Message&#8217; interface! Furthermore, with lots of great new features coming soon, following an OnlyFans profile will bring you closer than ever to that person.

https://heavy.com/news/2018/01/kathleen-dawn-west-kat-husband-onlyfans-murder-alabama-photos/

I have read zero updates on the case which leads me to believe her husband could be innocent, initially I'm sure a POI, he has not been charged, or detained. With her many online subscription followers, IMO there would be lots of leads to investigate. I'm sure her online correspondence from the night in question should give LE all the direction they need to go with this case. A fan stalker, paid dates, who knows, but no news about the husband as of yet seems like he's stick handling around being involved with her murder. I personally think she was dumped at the location. Hope justice is served.

I have read zero updates on the case which leads me to believe her husband could be innocent, initially I'm sure a POI, he has not been charged, or detained. With her many online subscription followers, IMO there would be lots of leads to investigate. I'm sure her online correspondence from the night in question should give LE all the direction they need to go with this case. A fan stalker, paid dates, who knows, but no news about the husband as of yet seems like he's stick handling around being involved with her murder. I personally think she was dumped at the location. Hope justice is served.

Its hard to say. But you could be right. I would like to know what husband has told the police. I'm also curious if their daughter was home that night or not. I am sort of leaning to the idea she was dumped there as well. I need to go back and look again to see where she was found and where the blood pool was. Was the pool of blood right where she was found?

Its hard to say. But you could be right. I would like to know what husband has told the police. I'm also curious if their daughter was home that night or not. I am sort of leaning to the idea she was dumped there as well. I need to go back and look again to see where she was found and where the blood pool was. Was the pool of blood right where she was found?

She was found directly across the street, half on grass and half on road. The blood was pooled on the road with no reported blood trail, which leads me to believe her upper body was on the road, and lower body on grass. Just sleuthing now but IMO the location of her body theory, fits pretty well with a vehicle driving up her street (opposite side of her house) and pulling her out of the passenger side. And the green bottle placed in the phone, well I would assume for what ever reason the suspect did this also, because she didn't.

I agree.

If she was killed inside of her home or even in his vehicle or hers there would be blood evidence since we know she was bleeding from the gash to the back of her head. Also if he took her outside of their home for some strange reason after murdering her there would be at least a blood trail or even blood droplets leading from their home to where she was found. Head wounds bleed profusely.

I also believe she left her home sometime that night after she knew her husband was sound asleep, and something went wrong, and like you say, they came back after killing her, and pushed her out of the vehicle where she was found halfway in the street and halfway on the neighbor's property. They left her phone, and alcohol there so it would not be found in their possession should they be interviewed or stopped by the police. That has always made the most sense to me based on the exact location where she was found. I also wonder if they found bruises/scrapes or abrasions on her face that could have happened if she was pushed out of the vehicle landing on her face.

I also think since she was an exceptionally pretty woman in her subdivision the family who found her most likely went across the street to immediately notify Mr. West that they had found her. They had lived there since 2015 and in small subdivisions like this neighbors recognize other neighbors, and where they reside in the area. Kat would stand out due to her beauty and she was known to be outside of their home often either playing with their daughter or mowing the grass.

I think LE has to go through a long list of potential suspects either ruling them in as possibles or ruling them out. With as many subscribers as she had on different sites that within itself could take quite a long time.

She may have never met this person before but had communicated with them via messaging. She very well could have thought they were who they proclaimed to be on one of the sites, but on the internet no one can be sure who anyone really is or even if they have a criminal record.

Sadly, we have seen such horror stories before when a victim was duped into believing they were meeting someone very nice, but it turned out to be the total opposite.

I imagine by now the local police agency has asked for the assistance of the Alabama Bureau of Investigation or asked for assistance from other police agencies in Birmingham.

I hope they find out soon who did this to Kat and they are brought to justice and given the maximum allowable punishment by law. It is heart breaking to know a little girl no longer has her mother or that a mother has lost her daughter. And if her husband is innocent it is equally heart rendering that he has lost his wife of 14 years. In the video at the liquor store they both seem to be very happy being with each other.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReyes
Back