GUILTY AL - Kathleen "Kat" West, 42, murdered, Calera, 13 Jan 2018 *husband arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
From those news articles linked above, his bond was not reduced and he remains in jail. Otherwise, I don't find anything in the news about his next hearing date. There's also nothing I can find out about it on the county web site.

Thanks Betty P!

Can you go in and check again.... :D Still can't get into that site! :pcguru:

TIA!

Well, I kind of slacked off on this one - forgot I had to look at the court calendar. I looked thru 7/6, but missed the dates in between. Now I have looked from 7/22 to 7/26 and nothing....

88x32px-LL-61b3af59_sorry.gif
making a note to check from now on.....

Finally found an update in red!

Monday, April 9th:
*Bond Reduction Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) – AL – Kathleen Dawn “Kat” West (42) (Jan. 12, 2018) – William Jeffrey West (44) (husband) arrested (2-22-18) and indicted (3-7-18) with murder. Held on $500K bond. Plead not guilty on 4/9/18 & bond reduction denied.
8/23/18 Update: Next hearing on 8/27 @ 8:30am.

Finally found an update in red!

Monday, April 9th:
*Bond Reduction Hearing (@ 1:30pm CT) – AL – Kathleen Dawn “Kat” West (42) (Jan. 12, 2018) – William Jeffrey West (44) (husband) arrested (2-22-18) and indicted (3-7-18) with murder. Held on $500K bond. Plead not guilty on 4/9/18 & bond reduction denied.

Thanks for the update! I was thinking it might be time to check again.

They sure aren't giving much advance notice. It's Monday morning.

I have to look at a court calendar every day to see what is going on. It goes ahead a few days - so that's why not much advance notice.

Oh, yes, I understand. Not your fault. It's the court that has an unusual system of not giving much public notice. I've noticed the same when querying this case before.

Monday, August 27th:
*Prelim Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) – AL – Kathleen Dawn “Kat” West (42) (Jan. 12, 2018) – William Jeffrey West (44) (husband) arrested (2-22-18) and indicted (3-7-18) with murder. Held on $500K bond. Plead not guilty on 4/9/18 & bond reduction denied.

Jeff West attorney, John Robbins said there is still more discovery between prosecutors and himself which needed to take place before a trial date could be set. A new status hearing was scheduled for December 3rd. No trial date set in Kat West murder as discovery process continues

BBM.

"Pissed off because I know they screwed it up and they're trying to blame somebody and they told (him) it was circumstantial evidence and they say they got proof. They don't know what they've got," said Jeff West's father, William West

Later in the article, he says he doesn't think she was having an extramarital affair. I guess his family is still pushing the theory that she killed herself.

That timeline is pretty accurate. Having worked as federal LEO for years, my colleagues and I would always laugh when on TV, they'd get the DNA back in about 10 minutes.

Although I have to say that in the U.K. ( probably/ possibly because in comparison, we are a small country with 70 million people), we can submit DNA marked as URGENT category and can have the result turned around pretty swiftly! I have had answers before now on DNA evidence submission , turned around within 48 hrs. It’s just the premium cost of doing so which can be prohibitive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back