AL AL - Laquanta Riley, 19, Montgomery, 7 Dec 2003

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks, Doc. Yes, LE is aware of that and it is confirmed to have been posted by LaQuanta before her disappearance. Pam Riley is her mother. I don't recall the siblings names.
Was she ever known by the nickname "Quan" to her friends? I had found an old web page with that name as well and it made me wonder.

Was she ever known by the nickname "Quan" to her friends? I had found an old web page with that name as well and it made me wonder.

I've never heard that stated, so I can't be sure. Was there anything on the page that indicates it has relationship to LaQuanta or provides a lead? Thanks.

I've never heard that stated, so I can't be sure. Was there anything on the page that indicates it has relationship to LaQuanta or provides a lead? Thanks.
The first name used on a profile of a music.com site was "LaQuanta." I think only an init (or letter) was used on the last name (which was not an "R") but the statement on that page was that her friends called her "Quan". That made me wonder if our missing LaQuanta used the same nickname and if so then when running websearches I should include and watch out for that nickname.

About the dress company webpage: I hope L.E. is tracking to see if she ever orders any more dresses from them.

The first name used on a profile of a music.com site was "LaQuanta." I think only an init (or letter) was used on the last name (which was not an "R") but the statement on that page was that her friends called her "Quan". That made me wonder if our missing LaQuanta used the same nickname and if so then when running websearches I should include and watch out for that nickname.

About the dress company webpage: I hope L.E. is tracking to see if she ever orders any more dresses from them.

I doubt they are checking anything at all. About a year ago, I called her LE and asked him to do something important. It's still not done, so I will be calling him again this week. I will check on these things. Thanks.

Honestly it sort of sounds like this may be a case of an adult(over 18 yrs old) runaway. At least I do not see evidence of a crime so far. If she stays alive it is possible that the SS#'s will show activity, perhaps in a few years if none is already showing. While there is life there is hope.

I did read in one article that her Aunt or someone like that called her Quanta......I think that is what it said anyways.

Candles of Hope for LaQuanta

December 7th, 2007 will mark 4 years since the family of then 19 year-old LaQuanta Riley saw or spoke to her.

LaQuanta disappeared from Montgomery, AL, and was last seen by relatives at approximately 11:30pm getting into a green car, either a Taurus or Caprice. She was wearing a yellow and green Ecko shirt, stone-washed blue jeans, and green and yellow Reebok tennis shoes. There are no leads in LaQuanta's case and the family clings to the hope that someday she will be found.

To honor and remember LaQuanta, her family will be hosting a vigil of hope for LaQuanta. The vigil will be held on 5:30pm on December 7th, 2007 at the Hayneville Road Community Center, 3315 Hayneville Road, Montgomery, AL 36108. The public is invited to attend.

At the vigil of hope, LaQuanta's family and friends will place candles, one per week since LaQuanta's disappearance, for a total of 208 candles. Her family is a simple one, and LaQuanta's case never generated much interest with the media or the public, so Project Jason is asking for your help.

To show this grieving, but yet hopeful family that we do care, we are asking for you to help the family reach their goal of acquiring 208 candles for use at the vigil, with at least one from each state in the US.

Would you consider purchasing a candle to send to the family? If everyone helps, it should be easy to reach our goal.

If you'd like to help, here's all you'd need to do:

Purchase a candle which is free-standing and will not allow wax to drip down the sides or out the bottom while lit.

Attach a message of hope for LaQuanta's family and note your state on the card.

Mail your candle, allowing enough shipping time to reach Montgomery AL by December 3rd, 2007.

Indicate on the note if you prefer to remain anonymous.

If you'd like to purchase a themed candle, LaQuanta's favorite color is blue, she likes music, cooking, and has a great love of the Bible and God.

Mail your candle to:

Candles of Hope for LaQuanta
244 Cornell Rd.
Montgomery AL 36109

Updates on the candle campaign will be published here, along with any media stories about LaQuanta:
http://www.projectjason.org/forums/index.php?topic=450

LaQuanta also has a website, which you can find at http://www.findlaquanta.com/ Please sign the guestbook as another way to show your support, and forward this message so that we can meet our Candles of Hope for LaQuanta campaign goal.

Thank you.

Kelly Jolkowski, Mother of Missing Jason Jolkowski
President and Founder,
Project Jason
www.projectjason.org

I've only heard from 2 people about this. That doesn't mean that no one else is going to do it. I sure hope we will have a good response, as I encouraged the family to do it, trusting that surely we could find 208 kind people in the US.

I have to wonder if this was for Natalee Holloway, also from AL, if this thread would be filled with responses.

Thanks to those who already have a candle purchase on their shopping list!

Kelly

Candles of Hope for LaQuanta is a campaign to find 208 different people from all over the country to mail one candle to the family in time for their prayer vigil on December 7th. This prayer vigil marks 4 years since LaQuanta Riley disappeared from her home in Montgomery, AL. 208 candles will give the family one per week since they last saw their LaQuanta.

To my knowledge, we only have about 12 people participating, so we still need 196 more.

Jar candles are the best choice and you can get one for less than $5. Check your dollar stores. Get your co-workers to buy one too, and then pitch in on mailing the candles together in one box.

Post my blog entry about the campaign on community bulletin boards online and email it to your friends. There are many ways you can help this family feel like they (and LaQuanta) haven't been forgotten.

Thank you!

Okay, my candle is on its way. It would really warm my heart if at least one other person from Websleuths participated in this. Anyone?

I've arranged for my candles to be picked up by FedEx friday. I hope they can reach their goal! Everybody have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Here are a couple of links where you can purchase a candle online:

Ambient Aromas - the owner of Ambient Aromas has pledged to donate all proceeds - from candles sold from now until November 7th - to LaQuanta's family.
http://www.dardar.scent-team.com/

Flameless Candles - battery operated candles, reasonably priced (batteries included). A great alternative to flame candles.
http://www.flamelesscandles.net/

I bought mine at White Barn (owned by Bath and Body Works) and they also have online ordering. They have a lot of different types of candles too!

I hope these options will encourage others to help LaQuanta's family by sending a candle!

Thank you, both!

I'm doing a candle drive at work, and will be shipping the candles to the family next week. I am footing the bill for the shipping so the givers just need to supply the candle and their personal note.

So far, the family has only received two candles out of a goal of 208. There are two weeks left to go until the vigil, and less than two weeks shipping time. Please consider helping.

Here's an update on the candle campaign as of yesterday. Since some of these senders may wish to be anonymous, I will only name states.

Received: (This includes all mentioned prior)

2 from NY
2 from NY
1 from PA
1 from FL (family member of a missing person donated)
1 from GA
1 from NJ
3 from NM plus 260 tea lights
1 set of 12 flameless tea lights from MO (family member of a missing person donated)
1 set of 6 flameless tea lights from NY (family member of a missing person donated)

Thanks to all!

1 from AL
1 from AR
1 from AZ
1 from CA
1 from CA (A MySpace friend)
1 from CO
1 from FL
1 from FL (family member of a missing person donated)
1 from GA
1 from GA
1 from IA
1 from ID
1 from ID
1 from IL (A family member of a missing person)
1 from KS
1 from MA
1 from MD
1 from MI
1 set of 12 flameless tea lights from MO (family member of a missing person donated)
1 from MO
1 from MO (From 2 different family members with a missing loved one)
1 from MS
1 from NC
1 from NE
1 from NE
1 from NE
1 from NE
1 from NE
1 from NE
1 from NE
1 from NE (100 tealights)
1 from NE
1 from NE (from a family member of a missing person)
1 from NJ
1 from NM
3 from NM plus 260 tea lights
1 from NV
1 from NY
1 set of 6 flameless tea lights from NY (family member of a missing person donated)
2 from NY
2 from NY
1 from PA
1 from PA (A candle company)
1 from PA
1 from SC
1 from TN (A family member whose missing loved one was murdered)
1 from TN
1 from TN
1 from TX
1 from UT
1 from WA
1 from WI

This update is not a final one and is from candles received by Thursday. 29 states were represented and 56 candles received. If you count tealights individually, the goal of 208 candles was surpassed. As the vigil was last night, I will give the family some time to let us know the final update and how the vigil went. Thank you to all who participated. May God bless you and yours abundantly.

From the Family:

“I would like to thank each and every person who sent a candle or said a prayer during our prayer vigil. It was because of your thoughtfulness that we were able to accomplish the prayer vigil.

It gives us hope and strength to know that so many people care about LaQuanta and are helping to bring her home. I would like to give a special thanks to Kelly Jolkowski and all those at Project Jason, without whose help none of this would have been possible. I will continue to pray for all those who are missing as I pray for my daughter and all those who are praying. I ask that you continue to pray, because I am convinced that God does and will answer prayers.

Forever grateful,
Pam”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kzrrz