Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
New photo shows 11-year missing Montgomery girl
Mar. 25, 2014

bilde

http://cmsimg.montgomeryadvertiser....w-photo-shows-11-year-missing-Montgomery-girl

LaQuanta Riley appears 29 in the age-progression released by the Center for Missing and Exploited Children after she was last seen on Dec. 7, 2003. / Contributed
According to Central Alabama CrimeStoppers, Riley's ears and tongue are pierced and she has a scar on her nose.
Riley also has two tatoos, on her left arm that says, "Rest in Peace Mesha" and another one saying "LaQuanta" on her right arm.
Tony Garrett with CrimeStoppers asks the public to call police, CrimeStoppers at 334-215-STOP or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678 with any information on Riley's whereabouts.

LaQuanta has been missing for over twelve years now. Her mother continues searching for her and attended a missing persons seminar in Alabama, which she helped create.

http://www.fox5vegas.com/story/31182858/alabama-law-enforcement-working-to-crack-missing-persons-cases

Law enforcement officers from around Alabama were in Montgomery on Tuesday hoping to gather what they can to help solve missing person cases through the second annual Missing Persons Seminar.

"I'm hopeful," added Pam Riley Bolden. Her daughter, Laquantra, disappeared 12 years ago.

Bolden says although it has been heartbreaking through the years, she believes one thing time has helped with is how families and law enforcement work together.

"This is what it's going to take to set those boundaries and draw the line and tell the predators and people who are doing these things, not our children, not here in Alabama," exclaimed Bolden.

This is a touching summary written last year:

A Mother's Quest For Her Daughter Who Has Been Missing For Eleven Years

Family Continues Search for LaQuanta Riley 13 Years Later

http://www.alabamanews.net/2016/11/11/family-continues-search-laquanta-riley-13-years-later/

LaQuanta Riley has been missing for almost thirteen years. The then, 18-year-old was last seen on South Rick Drive in December of 2003.

After years of searching, her mother, Pamela Riley Boldin is still left with unanswered questions.

“Who was it,” she questions, “Who was that person who picked her up that night?”

The reward for any information about LaQuanta’s whereabouts is now up to $11,000.

Her case was featured on Cayleigh Elise's youtube channel recently

Family continues search for woman missing since 2003

MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - A reward totaling $11,000 is being offered for information in a 15-year missing person investigation.

The Montgomery Police Department and family are continuing to search for information regarding the disappearance of LaQuanta Riley. According to investigators, Riley was last seen on Dec. 7, 2003. At the time she went missing, her ears and tongue were pierced. She also has a scar on her nose and has "Rest in Peace Mesha" tattooed on her left arm, and "LaQuanta" tattooed on her right arm.

DZNUUNMC2JBSNCPETBNO5H22RE.jpg

A photo provided by authorities shows Riley age-progressed to 29 years.

The City of Montgomery is offering $5000, the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office is offering $5000, and Central Alabama CrimeStoppers is offering $1000 for the reward. Anyone with information regarding the case should call police or Crimestoppers at 215-STOP.

LaQuanta Riley was last seen getting into a dark green Ford Taurus or Chevrolet Caprice on the night of Dec. 7, 2003 at her home on 3148 South Rick Drive.

It’s unknown who or how many people were in the car with her. About a week after her disappearance her mother received a disturbing message. She said the 19-year-old could be heard crying out: “leave me alone” or “let me go home.”

Riley said she heard a man’s voice say LaQuanta’s name before the message ended. No further contact has been made, and she has never been found.

Missing black women's cases are often unsolved, underreported. Here are 7 from Montgomery

Friends, I live in Montgomery currently and I have been following LaQuanta's case for about 2 years now. I have been in contact with her mother and I would love to help bring light to this case and/or help it move forward. All I have been able to do thus far is extensive research on her life before she went missing and I have contacted the high school she graduated from asking if they would post her missing flyer from the Charley Project in attempt to see if anyone remembers her. I was thinking there was a possibility that someone would recognize her either from hs or from the rumor that she had moved back to Stone Mountain after her disappearance. Any thoughts? I would love to look in to more if anyone has any suggestions.

FEB 26, 2021
Reward in 17-year missing person case increases (wsfa.com)
[...]

CrimeStoppers has increased the reward in the missing person case of LaQuanta Riley. The reward, which was increased from $1,000 to $5,000, is in remembrance of her on her birthday. Riley’s birthday is Friday.

The city of Montgomery and the Montgomery County District Attorney’s Office is also offering $5,000, according to CrimeStoppers.

[...]

Investigators say Riley would be 36-years-old.

[...]

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WSFA) - February marked LaQuanta Riley’s 38th birthday. For her mother, Pam Bolden, it was another day searching for answers.

“Where is LaQuanta? What has happened?” Bolden said.

Since 2003, Bolden’s been asking herself these questions repeatedly on an unsettling journey searching for her missing daughter. She was last seen in Montgomery at her great-aunt’s house and mother’s home. Riley was 19 at the time she disappeared.

“The last time I spoke to her was the night that I believed she disappeared,” Bolden said.

More at Montgomery mother still searching for answers in missing daughter’s case

rbbm,
1664635268210.png

''No one who spoke with the investigators had seen LaQuanta, but there were many people who simply refused to talk. Whether this was because they had knowledge about her disappearance or were simply mistrustful of cops was unclear, but detectives noted that it was a huge hindrance to their investigation.''

''LaQuanta Riley was 19 years old when she went missing in 2003. She has brown eyes and black hair, and at the time of her disappearance she was 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighed 200 pounds. She was last seen wearing blue jeans, a green and yellow shirt, and green and yellow Reebok sneakers. Her ears and tongue are pierced; she was wearing a silver barbell in her tongue and a silver chain bracelet when she went missing. She has a tattoo that says “RIP Mesha on one bicep and one that says “LaQuanta” on the other. If you have any information about LaQuanta, please contact the Montgomery Police Department at 334–241–2350.''

“Where is LaQuanta? What has happened?”

These are the questions that Pam Bolden has been asking herself for nearly two decades about her daughter, LaQuanta Riley.

“The last time I spoke to her was the night that I believed she disappeared,” Bolden told WSFA-TV.

Around 11:30 p.m. on December 7, 2003, Riley stopped by her mother’s home in Montgomery, Alabama, to retrieve a jacket. The 19-year-old teen saw her brother, who asked how she got there knowing she did not have a vehicle or phone.

“She replied a friend she met around the street,” Bolden told WSFA-TV. “That’s one of the things I know that’s certain. I believe that she didn’t know the person that she was trusting.”

With the jacket in hand, the teen got in an awaiting vehicle, which the brother described as a dark green four-door sedan, potentially a Chevrolet Caprice or Ford Taurus.

After three days passed without hearing from Riley, Bolden reported her daughter missing. The teen’s purse was left behind, including money inside of it, AL.com reports.
1676841991951.jpeg
1676842237635.jpeg
LaQuanta Riley at 17Photo byChris Rice Cooper Blog

19-year-old LaQuanta Riley was born in 1984 to her mother, Pam Riley, who was only 16 at the time. As a result, LaQuanta was raised by her aunt, Katie Smith. LaQuanta maintained a good relationship with her mom and they kept in touch throughout her life. She loved to cook and listen to music. LaQuanta graduated high school with honors and received a full scholarship to college. She was about to begin her freshmen year studying criminal justice when she suddenly vanished.

On Friday, December 5, 2003, LaQuanta called Pam and asked to be picked up from her apartment in Eufaula, Alabama. Upset, LaQuanta told her mom she got into an argument with her roommate and wanted to move in with her. Unfortunately, Pam couldn't pick LaQuanta up at that time and told her to call her aunt, Katie, instead. LaQuanta didn't tell Pam what the argument was about and Pam didn't ask. Pam later stated that she didn't want to pry, and called it her biggest regret.

<modsnip - not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:

LaQuanta Riley was heard crying out on the phone after her disappearance

Abducted at age 19

LaQuanta Riley was last seen getting into a dark green Ford Taurus or Chevrolet Caprice on the night of Dec. 7, 2003 at her home on 3148 South Rick Drive.

It’s unknown who or how many people were in the car with her. About a week after her disappearance her mother, Pam Riley, received a disturbing message. She said the 19-year-old could be heard crying out: “leave me alone” or “let me go home.”

Riley said she heard a man’s voice say LaQuanta’s name before the message ended. No further contact has been made, and she has never been found.

Contact the Montgomery Police Department with any information regarding her disappearance at 334-241-2651 and 334-241-2350.

November 15, 2023

1700146471072.jpeg

Pam Bolden suspects her daughter, LaQuanta Riley, was kidnapped in December 2003. The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children has released a new image of what Riley could look like today. Bolden says she saw it for the first time on Tuesday.

There are several rewards for anyone with information on Riley’s disappearance. Her mother says they now total $15,000.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dutah82!!
Back