GUILTY AL - Lauren Burk, 18, Auburn student, abducted & murdered, 4 March 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you for the info English. My goodness this is scary and I have a terrible feeling that these two shootings are somehow related.

My 14-yo daughter just said, since they are from towns an hour apart, what if it's some crazy guy who had dated both of them???

As you can see from my screenname, I am an Auburn grad, about 8 years older than this poor girl. I cannot believe this - I know everyone says this - but Auburn truly is a "small town" where the biggest crimes are usually parking tickets! I always felt safe walking around, coming in late at night, etc. Smart, probably not, but it is a safe-feeling environment.

I have some thoughts to share...the call about the party strikes me as odd. I wonder if she had a group of friends that her "high school friends" did not know about. Maybe a small group she met in a class or through mutual friends. I often had different groups of friends that never collided...just lived in other parts of campus and did different things. Perhaps the "party" had to do with the "other group" of friends. Maybe it was a shadier crowd, maybe there was a guy she was interested in?

My other thought about this call is that perhaps she was in the company of a carjacker who told her what to say. He could have been sitting right next to her and told her to call her friend to "establish a timeframe" of sorts.

I hate to say this, but the boyfriend has got to be a key suspect as well. I find it odd that I have not seen his name released anywhere; yet many other friends have been named.

Just my two cents....I'd like to contribute more to this topic as it surely hits close to home.

Also, do they know who made the initial call to 911 about seeing a girl on the side of the road? Maybe I'm crazy, but I would not keep driving if I saw such a thing...I would definitely stop to help.

As you can see from my screenname, I am an Auburn grad, about 8 years older than this poor girl. I cannot believe this - I know everyone says this - but Auburn truly is a "small town" where the biggest crimes are usually parking tickets! I always felt safe walking around, coming in late at night, etc. Smart, probably not, but it is a safe-feeling environment.

I have some thoughts to share...the call about the party strikes me as odd. I wonder if she had a group of friends that her "high school friends" did not know about. Maybe a small group she met in a class or through mutual friends. I often had different groups of friends that never collided...just lived in other parts of campus and did different things. Perhaps the "party" had to do with the "other group" of friends. Maybe it was a shadier crowd, maybe there was a guy she was interested in?

My other thought about this call is that perhaps she was in the company of a carjacker who told her what to say. He could have been sitting right next to her and told her to call her friend to "establish a timeframe" of sorts.

I hate to say this, but the boyfriend has got to be a key suspect as well. I find it odd that I have not seen his name released anywhere; yet many other friends have been named.

Just my two cents....I'd like to contribute more to this topic as it surely hits close to home.

Hi, AuburnJenn....I live in Auburn so you and I both should have a great deal to offer here. I, too, am an Auburn graduate, though a good bit older than you are....War Eagle, and prayers for this to be solved quickly. :blowkiss:

For some reason the stories have been updated and that info is not available but I did see it. It said in one that Eve's face was marred beyond recognition so that is why she was unidentified at first. It was only today that an ID was made available. It also said her upper torso was burned. I guess they are wanting to protect evidence at this point but it was out there.

That was posted in a thread about Eve when the body was still unidentified, but it was actually referring to an unidentified body found in Jackson, MS so it was not Eve. Go to the thread on Eve and look at posts 3 and 4 and you will see where it was posted and then cleared up.

That was posted in a thread about Eve when the body was still unidentified, but it was actually referring to an unidentified body found in Jackson, MS so it was not Eve. Go to the thread on Eve and look at posts 3 and 4 and you will see where it was posted and then cleared up.

Thanks. That explains where I read it. Sorry for any confusion to an already confusing situation.

I was kinda thinking about the Facebook Accounts but I really don't know at this point.

That is an interesting point...I have always thought about how easily a stalker or disturbed person could become "involved" with someone through myspace or facebook -- and easily become a stalker. I have both websites, but put few photos and do not tell any serious ID about myself. Any unwanted "friends" are quickly rejected. But many people have lots of personal ID on there, and could easily be found.

It could certainly be possible that a disturbed man become obsessed with these two young ladies and easily found his way to them. Scary though.

Hi, AuburnJenn....I live in Auburn so you and I both should have a great deal to offer here. I, too, am an Auburn graduate, though a good bit older than you are....War Eagle, and prayers for this to be solved quickly. :blowkiss:

Nice to meet you! I'd love to still live there, it truly is a wonderful place. But my husband and I have chosen North Florida as our home. This whole story is bizarre to say the least. I have so many thoughts on the case, as I am not TOO much older than the girl and have siblings her age. I wish I knew more details.

That is an interesting point...I have always thought about how easily a stalker or disturbed person could become "involved" with someone through myspace or facebook -- and easily become a stalker. I have both websites, but put few photos and do not tell any serious ID about myself. Any unwanted "friends" are quickly rejected. But many people have lots of personal ID on there, and could easily be found.

It could certainly be possible that a disturbed man become obsessed with these two young ladies and easily found his way to them. Scary though.

That was my thought process but as I have said I really don't know at this point. I do know that LE in Auburn have put together a 30 man task force including state and federal agents so something is up with that.

SuziQ, that is the Jackson, Mississippi woman, not Eve.

Eve lived in Chapel Hill, NC, and grew up in Athens, Ga. Her dad has been a very well-known and well-loved member of the Athens community for decades. He is such a good person. She was an exceptional young woman.

Here's the local Athens newspaper story if anyone wants to follow the comments. Even in death, she has managed to get people who never see eye-to-eye to find common ground and be peaceful and loving. A lot of people are in a lot of pain over the loss of Eve.

http://onlineathens.com/stories/030608/news_carson.shtml

SuziQ, that is the Jackson, Mississippi woman, not Eve.

Eve lived in Chapel Hill, NC, and grew up in Athens, Ga. Her dad has been a very well-known and well-loved member of the Athens community for decades. He is such a good person. She was an exceptional young woman.

Here's the local Athens newspaper story if anyone wants to follow the comments. Even in death, she has managed to get people who never see eye-to-eye to find common ground and be peaceful and loving. A lot of people are in a lot of pain over the loss of Eve.

http://onlineathens.com/stories/030608/news_carson.shtml

This is just so sad all the way around. My heart has been grieving for these families. No sense to it and to take away our brightest hopes.

Sorry about the wrong info. I deleted my link. That might be where the whole Eve got burned thing came from. It may not be true.

Sorry about the wrong info. I deleted my link. That might be where the whole Eve got burned thing came from. It may not be true.

There were confusing links earlier this morning. No problem. I think we know where we are now.

:confused: Are Eve and Lauren, both bright, promising University students, crimes related??

OR are they copycat crimes? This can't be a carjacking gone wrong. Eve had her upper torso burned? They burned Lauren's car, and both women were from Georgia!!

These crimes run to close, and proximity fo murders are not that far away.

Will be reported on NG tonite!

Could this be a terrorist act?

It would be really interesting to know if these two girls were connected in any way to one another. Did they know, or know of, each other? Have any friends/enemies in common? Ever take part in any activity at the same time where they might not have met but made a connection through another person they were not aware of?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mel M
Back