Found Alive AL - Lisa Holman, 45, Pelham, 10 Feb 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
PELHAM, Ala. — The Pelham Police Department is actively searching for a missing woman along County Road 36.

According to their Facebook page, 45-year-old Lisa Holman’s vehicle was found wrecked Saturday morning.

http://whnt.com/2018/02/10/pelham-police-search-for-missing-woman/
308826f96ad256ebc359a1956392a5cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Good Lord! Do we know what may have caused the accident, and what kind of vehicle damage there is???

78ec10621fa2841c80f17d98161c4d2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my, she could be anywhere in those woods! The poor lady. I wonder why she didn't try to call 9/11? I hope she's ok, she must be so scared out there right now, if she is alive.

It seems a little odd that if this lady had a head injury or other injuries so serious that she was very incapacitated and/or confused - that she could have got very far on foot? Unless she has unfortunately fallen and is hidden by something. And her shoes were in the car? I wonder if she, like some women take off the high heels to drive and keep a more practical pair of shoes in the car.

Maybe it's just because it is early days but the exact sequence of events seem a little sketchy, was the husband at home that night and like the children did not notice that his wife had not come home? And the children found the car rather than the husband? Will probably become clearer in time.
I'm getting strange echoes of Maura Murray here, I hope Lisa wasn't worried about whether she'd had a glass of wine at her friend's and that this would be a problem so she needed to leave the car in such cold weather.

Hoping that maybe another motorist picked Lisa up and took her for treatment and there has just been a lack of communication or perhaps she has no identification on her and may not be able to tell staff who she is. Fingers crossed she is found very soon.

It seems a little odd that if this lady had a head injury or other injuries so serious that she was very incapacitated and/or confused - that she could have got very far on foot? Unless she has unfortunately fallen and is hidden by something. And her shoes were in the car? I wonder if she, like some women take off the high heels to drive and keep a more practical pair of shoes in the car.

Maybe it's just because it is early days but the exact sequence of events seem a little sketchy, was the husband at home that night and like the children did not notice that his wife had not come home? And the children found the car rather than the husband? Will probably become clearer in time.
I'm getting strange echoes of Maura Murray here, I hope Lisa wasn't worried about whether she'd had a glass of wine at her friend's and that this would be a problem so she needed to leave the car in such cold weather.

Hoping that maybe another motorist picked Lisa up and took her for treatment and there has just been a lack of communication or perhaps she has no identification on her and may not be able to tell staff who she is. Fingers crossed she is found very soon.

I'm wondering if the father didn't live with them, because it said that the kids called their father when they found her car. I could be wrong, though.

My hinky meter is going off a bit because of the fact that her phone was in the car, and I would think she would try to call 911 at least if she was able to. Her car was in a wreck- what did she hit to cause that? Another car, light post, tree? Did someone hit her car and take off? I would imagine that there would have to be damage to another vehicle somewhere for her car to be in that shape.

The Pelham PD is saying she hit a tree. Also the car was removed today and she was not under it per PD. All area hospitals have been checked, also per PD. It is very rainy here but actually temps aren’t too cold. Right now it is 65 here (local to the area).

The Pelham PD is saying she hit a tree. Also the car was removed today and she was not under it per PD. All area hospitals have been checked, also per PD. It is very rainy here but actually temps aren’t too cold. Right now it is 65 here (local to the area).

Are there any bodies of water nearby? Is Bent Creek Rd located along a creek?

I'm praying Lisa is ok. I hope there is an update soon!

I'm wondering if the father didn't live with them, because it said that the kids called their father when they found her car. I could be wrong, though.

My hinky meter is going off a bit because of the fact that her phone was in the car, and I would think she would try to call 911 at least if she was able to. Her car was in a wreck- what did she hit to cause that? Another car, light post, tree? Did someone hit her car and take off? I would imagine that there would have to be damage to another vehicle somewhere for her car to be in that shape.

Yes, I wondered if the father lives elsewhere or was away for the weekend. But always worries me when the car of a woman driving alone is found off the road and she isn't found, as can be a method of facilitating an abduction. And whenever a woman and her handbag are separated, that is odd. Glad to know it is milder over there, but seems pretty wet weather, so slippery conditions for searchers, I hope all their efforts are rewarded soon, it's always nice to see how hard people try to help in situations like this.

Could someone have ran her off the road and abducted her ?

Good point about the shoes @Rosalinda.

Her phone left behind is troublesome. She may have wandered off without it if she was dazed by the accident. I wonder if her call log shows that she made any calls for help. Maybe no reception where she crashed? Even if there was no reception, and she changed her shoes and walked off for help, you'd think she'd have taken her phone with her to keep trying to call out as she walked along.

This does not look good. Praying they find her quickly.

But always worries me when the car of a woman driving alone is found off the road and she isn't found, as can be a method of facilitating an abduction. And whenever a woman and her handbag are separated, that is odd.

Did she leave her phone and shoes too? Something dosent jive here.

Just had a quick look at Lisa's FB page, lovely pictures of her and her very cute children, couldn't see Dad so perhaps they are separated. Hope these youngsters are reunited with their mum, safe and well very very soon.

If I had to guess why she didn't take the phone it was probably a combination of disorientation and losing the phone in the crash, that is if she was driving with her phone on the seat or in one of those holster things some people use to attach their phone to the dashboard. At impact the phone would have flown somewhere, probably onto the floor of the car or between the seats. She's startled, frightened, her face probably burning from the airbag deploying, she isn't going to think to grab her phone, her first thought will be "get out of the car." If she banged her head, you can add confusion and disorientation to the mix. She may have walked away from the car thinking she was close to her friend's house and she would just walk back to get help or maybe she saw the houses from the road and decided to walk to one of them for help instead of trying to find her cell in the mess of the car.

If I had to guess why she didn't take the phone it was probably a combination of disorientation and losing the phone in the crash, that is if she was driving with her phone on the seat or in one of those holster things some people use to attach their phone to the dashboard. At impact the phone would have flown somewhere, probably onto the floor of the car or between the seats. She's startled, frightened, her face probably burning from the airbag deploying, she isn't going to think to grab her phone, her first thought will be "get out of the car." If she banged her head, you can add confusion and disorientation to the mix. She may have walked away from the car thinking she was close to her friend's house and she would just walk back to get help or maybe she saw the houses from the road and decided to walk to one of them for help instead of trying to find her cell in the mess of the car.

Part of me thinks this, while part of me wonders if she was possibly run off the road and abducted.

No matter what happened to this poor woman, I pray she is found soon, if she simply walked away on her own. How frightened she must be, if she's still alive. She could be lying in a coma somewhere in those woods- there is a lot of woods, according to that map.

Keeping fingers crossed that she is found safe and sound tomorrow. My heart goes out to her kids, how scary for them to find her car like that and no mother. :(

Here is a topo map of the area and terrain. As you can see there isn't a lot of water in the vicinity of the crash site and the location of the road sits in a low lying area between two hills. She could have wandered off and fallen into brush on the side of the road but she'd had to have traveled a significant distance in her confusion to reach a body of water deep enough for her to have drowned in.

Untitled.jpg

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 159
Here is a topo map of the area and terrain. As you can see there isn't a lot of water in the vicinity of the crash site and the location of the road sits in a low lying area between two hills. She could have wandered off and fallen into brush on the side of the road but she'd had to have traveled a significant distance in her confusion to reach a body of water deep enough for her to have drowned in.

View attachment 130069

Well, that gives me some hope that she is still alive. Had there been a body of water near where she crashed, I would definitely worry about the possibility of her drowning. Thanks for posting this, DAnthrplgst.

Well, that gives me some hope that she is still alive. Had there been a body of water near where she crashed, I would definitely worry about the possibility of her drowning. Thanks for posting this, DAnthrplgst.

No problem :) That gives me hope also. The hydrographic layer to the map (a layer of the map image that shows only water features) is even more stark regarding the absence of any significant water in the immediate area. Provided she wasn't abducted, which I don't think happened, she's gonna be found on the side of the road somewhere or maybe even in an area of woods between the crash site and one of those houses in the development.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eddie_van
Back