GUILTY AL - Natalie, 5, & Jonathan DeBlase, 3, beaten, poisoned, Mobile, 1 March 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
wonder if they received social services from anywhere. They sound as if they might be considered 'homeless' and in some cities, homeless families are housed in 'inns'.

This might not apply to all States, this would be something to google when I get the time, but where I have lived.. If you apply for this assistance and receive it you have a case open with a Social worker to check on the well being of the children. In order to receive it you have to go into not just this program but several, such as WIC and food stamps.
This, this is a BIG question for me. If they did get this State assistance, someone should of been checking on the welfare of these children (mentally and physically) at least once a month - for the past 4 months.

"General TANF information for Alabama
TANF benefits, sometimes referred to as welfare benefits, are intended to supplement a family's earned and unearned income and can be used to purchase clothing, food, medication, and pay for housing and utility costs, for example."

http://welfare-application.com/state/AL

With WIC, you have to bring your children in with you in order to re-qualify.
http://healthvermont.gov/wic/about.aspx

This has inspired me to call my Aunt who lives in Mobile. She knows the system pretty well, she might help shed the light I need in this case. Hopefully I will be proven wrong on the social worker aspect of it - hopefully.
*wants to be proven wrong here*

Dont have link yet but WHAS news reported that the children never made it to Louisville with Dad or SM believe father killed kids he has been missing for 2 weeks

I had said I would not post this on a public forum but I feel it needs to be out there since it has been questioned several times. Mods if you need to remove this, I understand, its not a linkable item but secondhand information a rumor if you will. I was told by my friend that the mother is mentally slow and that she had been telling the story about the children being missing but was doubted.

Also as to the Inn being a shelter for the homeless, I highly doubt it. As far as I know Mobile does not use these types of facilities to house homeless. They do have missions that people can go to but this Inn was just a 3rd rate (if that good) "by the week" hotel. A place to live when you dont have the credit or money to rent an apartment or a house. They are cheap but usually old, dirty, and located in high crime areas.

I had said I would not post this on a public forum but I feel it needs to be out there since it has been questioned several times. Mods if you need to remove this, I understand, its not a linkable item but secondhand information a rumor if you will. I was told by my friend that the mother is mentally slow and that she had been telling the story about the children being missing but was doubted.

Also as to the Inn being a shelter for the homeless, I highly doubt it. As far as I know Mobile does not use these types of facilities to house homeless. They do have missions that people can go to but this Inn was just a 3rd rate (if that good) "by the week" hotel. A place to live when you dont have the credit or money to rent an apartment or a house. They are cheap but usually old, dirty, and located in high crime areas.

If mom has some comprehension issues, it might explain why dad had custody. I would wonder if it's an offical custody arrangement.

Why would they be living like this. Is dad mentally slow too? Step mom appears to have had a good education, and be a pretty smart cookie, by way of her education. You would think she would be able to get a decent job, as she certainly sounds as though she's got good educational background.

Wonder if they were substance abusers?

Wonder if they were substance abusers?

Me too Fyrecat, there certainly is enough of that to go around in Mobile, as Im sure everywhere else too. Also the economy is really tough and its a college town, lots of students wanting jobs too.

On the SM list of scholarships I noticed Springhill College. That is one of the colleges in Mobile. Eckerd College is in Florida and the other one Guilford is in North Carolina. Do we know if she actually attend any of these or just was awarded scholarships? If she did attend my bets would be on Springhill and met Mr. Deblase in Mobile perhaps.

I'll have to check out FB later, can't get it from work...is there any general information you can access?

I'll have to check out FB later, can't get it from work...is there any general information you can access?

Sex Male & Current City Mobile, AL
It shows his likes and his friends list but thats it.

Very interesting--

"We have reports of them having injuries that were not treated for, she's reported to have used objects to hit them, in front of other people," Levy said. That's information Mobile Police are hearing for the first time, reports were never filed when the family lived in Mobile. Police say they are still trying to find the children's father, John Deblase. According to court records in Kentucky, Heather Keaton filed Domestic Violence charges against her husband two weeks ago."
more at link
http://www.local15tv.com/news/local...dren-last-seen-in/psC-SzFSakmqSwiADtYIUQ.cspx

Very interesting--

"We have reports of them having injuries that were not treated for, she's reported to have used objects to hit them, in front of other people," Levy said. That's information Mobile Police are hearing for the first time, reports were never filed when the family lived in Mobile. Police say they are still trying to find the children's father, John Deblase. According to court records in Kentucky, Heather Keaton filed Domestic Violence charges against her husband two weeks ago."
more at link
http://www.local15tv.com/news/local...dren-last-seen-in/psC-SzFSakmqSwiADtYIUQ.cspx

There is a comment by someone claiming to be the children's great aunt at 8:47am.

Ok, according to the link in the last post the SM's step-father turned them in, saying the kids were dead. I would assume he also gave them the evidence of child abuse in order to arrest her. Did I hear right that the last time the little girl was seen was when they moved out of the Peach with the SM? Where was the dad? So, did she have the kids when she reported the domestic violence? When is the last time he was seen?

Heather Leavell-Keaton, 22, went to police on November 18 and asked for a restraining order against her ex-husband John Deblase, 28.

According to police records, Keaton told investigators "I feel he may have murdered his children because he said that they were nonresponsive." Keaton went on to say that John Deblase told her "choices were made this morning and he had to do what he had to do."

another snip~

Mobile police were alerted of the children's disappearance after Leavell-Keaton's stepfather, walked into a Louisville police station and told police the children were dead. We do not know whether the stepfather made the report before or after Leavell-Keaton went to police.

Leavell-Keaton waived extradition during a court hearing on Wednesday. She will be brought to Mobile to face the child abuse charges.

http://www.wkrg.com/alabama/article...red-his-children/1203021/Dec-02-2010_1-09-pm/ :waitasec::waitasec::waitasec:

I find this quote from the article above very strange, especially the last part-
"Officer Levy insists this is a missing persons investigation, not a homicide investigation, and John Deblase is not considered a suspect."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back