Found Deceased AL - Natalie Jones, 27, Opelika, 5 July 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

'Who is the world would try to move a car that they have hidden for three months?' the sheriff wondered. 'If they had moved it, they would have had to have a helicopter to to set it in there, and to put bushes around it. Clearly, that was just not the case.'

That quotes makes all the sense in the world to me. Wherever that hot pink ridiculously-easy-to-notice car has been since Natalie meant missing it was well-hidden. Leave it alone. In all likelihood it has been right where it was found. IMO

https://www.wrbl.com/news/local-new...learning-more-after-jones-car-found-in-woods/

Today, law enforcement officials say they have learned more, following the find.

The Heard County Sheriff’s Department believes the missing mother may have stopped in the wooded area where her car was found. Authorities tell News 3 they’ve found no reason to suspect foul play.
A body was found in the driver seat of the car but has not been identified.
Authorities did recover a phone inside of a car, but it is still unknown if the cell phone belonged to Jones.

Heard Sheriff: No evidence of foul play in Natalie Jones case, car in woods 'had been there a while' - LaGrange Daily News

UPDATED
In an interview Thursday, Sheriff Henry said he did not want to speculate about what happened to the body that was found Tuesday. Henry’s office is still waiting on the results of an autopsy being performed by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation crime lab.

“I would think it’s her. I don’t want to speculate. It could be someone else, common sense would tell you it more than likely is [her],” Henry said.

GBI spokesperson Nelly Miles declined to comment on the investigation Wednesday, saying HCSO was handling all press inquiries.

Henry said the body was a woman, but did not say if there were wounds to the body. The body was found in the driver’s seat of the car. There was no damage to the car, Henry said.

According to Henry, the car was about 75-100 yards off the road in a small opening in the woods. Henry did not see any water nearby.

Investigators recovered several items from the car, Henry said, but he declined to say what those items were.

Heard Sheriff: No evidence of foul play in Natalie Jones case, car in woods 'had been there a while' - LaGrange Daily News

UPDATED
In an interview Thursday, Sheriff Henry said he did not want to speculate about what happened to the body that was found Tuesday. Henry’s office is still waiting on the results of an autopsy being performed by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation crime lab.

“I would think it’s her. I don’t want to speculate. It could be someone else, common sense would tell you it more than likely is [her],” Henry said.

GBI spokesperson Nelly Miles declined to comment on the investigation Wednesday, saying HCSO was handling all press inquiries.

Henry said the body was a woman, but did not say if there were wounds to the body. The body was found in the driver’s seat of the car. There was no damage to the car, Henry said.

According to Henry, the car was about 75-100 yards off the road in a small opening in the woods. Henry did not see any water nearby.

Investigators recovered several items from the car, Henry said, but he declined to say what those items were.

Thank you for posting the article. As we have seen far too many times...from the wording this will likely be ruled OD or self harm. May Natalie RIP.

Last edited:
Not according to the Sheriff. The car had growth around it, but no indication that it was intentionally hidden.

IMO if anyone is charged in this case, it will be for concealing a death. I am thinking this is a Paighton Houston situation. JMO.

Paigton has come to mind for me as well as Marilane Carter.

'There Were Bushes Grown Up through The Tires, the car was abandoned for several months'; Sheriff States About Missing Mom, Natalie Jones Whose Car Was Found In A Wooden Area - Andover Leader

From this article:
The statement says that the car was found in a wooden area and by its condition (grown bushes in its tires) the sheriff county department stated that the car has been abandoned in the area for several months.

According to a report from The Newnan Times-Herald the tree growth around the car up to 7-feet tall.

'There Were Bushes Grown Up through The Tires, the car was abandoned for several months'; Sheriff States About Missing Mom, Natalie Jones Whose Car Was Found In A Wooden Area - Andover Leader

From this article:
The statement says that the car was found in a wooden area and by its condition (grown bushes in its tires) the sheriff county department stated that the car has been abandoned in the area for several months.

According to a report from The Newnan Times-Herald the tree growth around the car up to 7-feet tall.

Sounds like from this article, the car has been there for months and the reason nobody saw it was because the growth was 7 feet tall.

This is supposedly a busy road, someone would have seen this bright pink car before all the foliage started to grow.

Jmo

Sounds like from this article, the car has been there for months and the reason nobody saw it was because the growth was 7 feet tall.

This is supposedly a busy road, someone would have seen this bright pink car.

Jmo

I honestly don’t know what to think at this point. I feel sad for her family, esp her children.

Is it possible even with the area being close to a busy road, the car had been there since July and wasn’t made visible to people passing by until the man had already bush hogged some of the growth?

I feel the toxicology report & autopsy report will provide some type of answers...

Based on the photo/video near the bottom of this article, I find the 7 feet to be a tad bit overly enthusiastic. The pic shows adult men, probably investigators, standing beside the car. Also noting, the Cavalier isn't a very large car to begin with. Basing my opinion on if nothing had been cleared from the car prior to this pic, which we don't know. I do know kudzu climbs, and I don't see any on the roof of the car in that pic. Been there a while ? Yeah. 7 feet trees ? Nope. All JM uneducated opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megan_peterson253
Back