Identified! AL - Opelika, 'Juvenile Jane Doe', BlkFem, UP9834, 4-7, in woods, abused, Jan'12 *reward* - Amore Joveah Wiggins

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OPELIKA, AL (WTVM) – The Federal Bureau of Investigations is joining in on efforts to identify a child's skull and other remains found this week in Opelika

Preliminary results on the remains could be released as early as next week.

Meanwhile, investigators are hoping forensic test results will pin point the age, race, gender and other specific details that could narrow the search and help identify the child.
Can forensics help determine how long ago the child died?

Probable year of death 2011 to 2012

That cancels out Shy, the little girl I posted about way up the thread.

What about Jahessye Shockley? She is/was 5, and last seen in Oct 2011. Pretty far away and not sure the time frame is right but they believe she is deceased. She doesn't have a NamUs profile to link to, but she has multiple threads on here...

I just don't want to imagine that there is some like child out there that NO one reported missing :( Is it possible that this was a lil victim of a tornado? I mean what happens when people are missing from those? Do they get entered into a database also? What if it was just child and 1 other parent and the parent perished and no other family to report him/her missing also?

I just don't want to imagine that there is some like child out there that NO one reported missing :( Is it possible that this was a lil victim of a tornado? I mean what happens when people are missing from those? Do they get entered into a database also? What if it was just child and 1 other parent and the parent perished and no other family to report him/her missing also?

good post, so many natural disasters also.
PLUS, maybe someone in the family did the crime and never reported
a child missing..........probably happens more than we think.

http://blog.al.com/spotnews/2012/02/lee_county_coroner_child_whose.html

OPELIKA, Alabama -- A child whose skeletal remains were found in an Opelika trailer park on Jan. 28 was the victim of a homicide, Lee County Coroner Bill Harris announced this afternoon

An examination by the Alabama Department of Forensic Sciences did not yield a cause of death nor the child's identity, race or gender, Harris said.

Authorities believe the child was less than the age of 10.

Preliminary results on skeletal remains found at an Opelika trailer park last week show the person "died by homicidal means", according to a release from the Lee County Coroner's office.

How can they be certain it wasn't an accident - bullet or knife wounds? Who are you poor baby? Who wanted you dead?

NamUs states 5-10. We see so many MSM errors I'd go with NamUs over MSM anytime.

I just checked the NamUs thread CarlK linked upthread and dentals are not yet listed at NamUs. We learned from the possible match for Anna Waters case, dentals can be very important determining the possible age of child UID's. There are teeth a 10 year old would have that a 5 yr old would not be close to having.

Dentals, imo, could further narrow the possible age range of 5-10. If the ME takes the time to be more accurate on listing the available dentals.

What about Patrick Alford? I mean lets say he was abducted by a __________ and they ended up down south, after awhile the abductor got tired of him, then he killed him?

Good possibility. Patrick is also part hispanic. I don't know if the ME has determined or stated if these remains may also have hispanic qualities. (Not sure how they determine that, but they can.)

I wouldn't rule out based on distance between the location found and where an MP disappeared. Recently we saw a case id'd where the UID was found in CA and the MP was from PA. So, it does happen.

Agents with the Federal Bureau of Investigation and Opelika police officers will return to a mobile home park where human remains were first found Jan. 28.

“At this time there are no additional leads or information concerning the investigation itself,” said Opelika Police Capt. Bruce DeLong. “This search is a part of the on-going effort to investigate this case and to try and locate any additional remains or evidence that may exist.”
Read more here: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2012/02/09/1926367/opelika-police-fbi-police-will.html#storylink=cpy

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back