Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone in an earlier post mentioned that since she was found wrapped in cloth, it was most likely someone she knew. Theory on that? Im genuinely interested.
With clandestine burials of those who know the person they killed, they can be more loving or considerate of the body (seen a lot with parents who kill their kids for example). That may be what the person who posted about is referencing. MOO.

ETA: I do NOT think that is the case in this investigation whatsoever.

Last edited:
I feel identification can occur quickly with dental records but MOD & COD might be another matter. May take awhile for labs and testing if there are not any obvious visable causes.

Prayers for PH and her loving family.
In the amount of time that PH has been missing, depending on the weather one would believe, that they would be able to possibly id her visually unless there were other factors that made it as a contributor that would make it impossible. Factors such as possible use of a chemical to try to expedite the rate of decomp, and there are many other things that can factor in as well. But it doesn't seem that in the short amount of time (it seems short) and with the body being wrapped it should be a fast process to ID her.
I have a feeling LE will be looking into that "TIP" if it is, because only one who was involved or was told/bragged to would have that type of information.

And be crucified like the coworker that reported her leaving the bar?
Well I guess I mean if they were genuinely in the dark about what happened. I know that if I was out with my friend/coworker and something happened, I would immediately ask LE what to do to help find them. I would put it all over SM to help find my friend. But just surprising that there weren't any pics from her friends at the bar that night as most young adults do. I think we are suspicious of the friend because of the little bit we know.

Someone in an earlier post mentioned that since she was found wrapped in cloth, it was most likely someone she knew. Theory on that? Im genuinely interested.
I absolutely think it was someone she knew. There are so many less difficult ways they could have gone about it. I mean, they buried her in the yard of an abandoned house, why not just bust out a window and put her in the house? Just makes no sense for someone who didn't know her to take the time to dig a grave which was deep enough for her to be inside and completely covered, that isn't an easy feat.

And be crucified like the coworker that reported her leaving the bar?
Well I guess I mean if they were genuinely in the dark about what happened. I know that if I was out with my friend/coworker and something happened, I would immediately ask LE what to do to help find them. I would put it all over SM to help find my friend. But just surprising that there weren't any pics from her friends at the bar that night as most young adults do. I think we are suspicious of the friend because of the little bit we know.

With clandestine burials of those who know the person they killed, they can be more loving or considerate of the body (seen a lot with parents who kill their kids for example). That may be what they are referencing. MOO.
True. I’m not reading anything into it in this case, as the body was probably wrapped as a matter of practicality.

I think she was dumped there, as opposed to dying there. It’s safer to transport a body if it is covered.

Had she been found covered inside a house, then her body being covered could be more significant.

I doubt it. Multiple agencies descended on that that house last night, and it looked to me that they were there on a mission, as opposed to a fishing expedition.

They knew what they were looking for.

I think someone involved is cooperating, and told them exactly where to look.
Actually they started the search over a large area and used dogs to focus on that one house.

Based on LE's actions I think they knew exactly where to look and what they were looking for. A property like that would take days to search otherwise. Look at that pile of garbage. LE has some inside info, imo.
I am going to guess that area is not zoned but even so if it had been in that condition with garbage strewn about I would hope the health dept had been alerted and it was on LE's radar in some way. Also adding: There are decent houses near it as well so hanging out there is taking a big chance.

If this is Paighton, I am relieved she has been found so that her family may properly mourn and bury her.

I have been stuck to this story like glue, reading just about everything I can. The time comes where a body is found and this may be her. Then the picture of where she was found. I can't help but feel devastation for her family. As a parent, I can't imagine knowing my daughter was dead, laying in and around trash. Praying there was very little pain or suffering and she knew she was loved

I think when you care to wrap someone it s either remorse , Accident, or someone she knew, but it could be that they didn't want to look at her or just simply hiding her with a cover .

The reporter said earlier they had searched in three different locations. Do we know where they were? Was she moved twice?
One posted link said Pine Ave. I think it was the link from twitter reporter.

As this was not the first place searched, I don't think it was revealed by a suspect or tipster. I think LE has a poi & searched places they may be connected to. jmo

Yes, I agree the house is out of mainstream traffic and the area they were at. It's logical that whomever buried a woman there that they were connected to that house or that street and very aware of the nonexistent activity at that house. Sad all the way around :(

I feel that they pressured the co-workers and one of them cracked and has told them what happened. I think the "two black men" story was just BS and police knew that. I think the house of cards will tumble by the end of the day.
They said it was a tip so not sure what I think. I hope if justice needs served it is served quickly! Who ever the victim is, if she died of an accidental overdose, depending on situation and Al law, the person who placed her there could simply be charged with abuse of a corpse, moving a corpse or something similar. Both misdemeanors. I have seen that many times in my state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
documentaryh