Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is weird how the whole Coworker done it has spread as fact on other platforms. I thought by now there would be some sort of arrest, even if it is just abuse of corpse. So is it possible the tip came from her cell phone location?

Off topic, my personal protection alarm went off on the bus today. Took me a few minutes to find it in my bag and put the pin back in. :s At least it works, hopefully I never really have to use it.

It is weird how the whole Coworker done it has spread as fact on other platforms. I thought by now there would be some sort of arrest, even if it is just abuse of corpse. So is it possible the tip came from her cell phone location?

Off topic, my personal protection alarm went off on the bus today. Took me a few minutes to find it in my bag and put the pin back in. :s At least it works, hopefully I never really have to use it.
The whole notion that the burial site was discovered with cellphone data is ludicrous. Cellphone data can put you in an area of several square miles, it cannot pinpoint your location.

I think you will be eating your words when the autopsy comes out. I highly doubt that there will be drugs in her system

Simple fact, it is not a crime for someone to overdose at your house. If it happens, do you call 911 or grab a shovel? Its easy to take the fact that she once had issues, and try to blame her death on that, but it is also lazy.

<modsnip>

The people involved in this aren't very bright. The only reason arrests haven't been made is because there are several people involved, and LE wants evidence on ALL those people before they arrest any of them.

Simple fact #2, somebody told LE where that body was. That person had to be one of the people involved. I believe they know the entire story and are working on evidence to prove it.

All MOO

No matter the cause, it won't make the outcome any less tragic. None of us have any idea what actually occurred and are basing our theories on very little facts.

I wonder if sometimes the thought that considering substances were involved is victim shaming comes from a place of seeing addiction as a choice and/ or if true, she would somehow be responsible for her own death. I don't believe this at all. I see whatever path that lead to this outcome as incredibly tragic, heartbreaking, and a beautiful life cut short far too soon.

MOO

The whole notion that the burial site was discovered with cellphone data is ludicrous. Cellphone data can put you in an area of several square miles, it cannot pinpoint your location.
If that radius happens to give clues to locations familiar to PH and/or when used in conjunction with other tips, it very well could lead to her burial site. Moo

ETA: Searches occurred at at least 2 other locations prior to the searches on Thursday. On Thursday, searches started a mile or so away at the softball field. Canines were used. I'm guessing one hit on something in that back yard that lead to them seeking a warrant to return Fri. Moo

Last edited:
No. After the autopsy is done, there’s usually no reason to hold on to the body.

What is a bit odd, is that we haven’t heard the results yet. But I think that’s because there hasn’t been an arrest.

That we are aware of. It's not at all uncommon for a suspect to be in custody for a day or two before it's announced to the media. And, in my experience here, it's almost always someone that savvy sleuthers have already zeroed in on, long before any announcement is made.

I agree. I can't imagine how difficult it would be to grieve the loss of your friend and be publicly vilified, receive threats, etc if you committed no wrong doing. I can imagine she already harbors guilt for letting her leave, if true, and not responding to her text.

It makes me wonder why LE hasn't come forward to at least say "co-worker is not a persons of interest in this case" or something similar. This happened in Libby&Abby's case with RL and another person who resided in a home that had been searched.

Their lack of stating anything makes me wonder how much they actually do know, if much at all. Moo

If that radius happens to give clues to locations familiar to PH and/or when used in conjunction with other tips, it very well could lead to her burial site. Moo

ETA: Searches occurred at at least 2 other locations prior to the searches on Thursday. On Thursday, searches started a mile or so away at the softball field. Canines were used. I'm guessing one hit on something in that back yard that lead to them seeking a warrant to return Fri. Moo

I think it is more likely that police were told by an informant that they went to places A & B, then disposed of the body at place C. Police may have gone to those two locations first, knowing that nothing much happened there, but for a quick search of the area for any evidence that might corroborate what they'd been told.

The fact that they had three locations to visit in one day tells me this information came from somebody, not just a random tip. Someone has told them a story, now they are putting the pieces together.

I think it is more likely that police were told by an informant that they went to places A & B, then disposed of the body at place C. Police may have gone to those two locations first, knowing that nothing much happened there, but for a quick search of the area for any evidence that might corroborate what they'd been told.

The fact that they had three locations to visit in one day tells me this information came from somebody, not just a random tip. Someone has told them a story, now they are putting the pieces together.

I can see that possibility. I just know that there were other searches in the couple weeks prior that were not known to the public. I also wonder if PH and/or her friends have any history with that area. If so, it may not be a suspect or perp doing the talking. Moo

I live 5 miles from the location. My kids play ball at that park located right by the first site.. there’s a junk/tow yard maybe 100feet straight up the road. It has been known for squatters in the past. However, the taxes are only up to date till 2018. This home has been vacant for a while. However, there are not the best apartments maybe 1 mile from the location. This little section of hueytown, isn’t the best.

I actually get a hunch that these apartments are important to this case. MOO.

I have my own theory regarding the suspects. Wouldn't it seem appropriate to at least release the approximate descriptions of the men? They probably have videos or at least descriptions of the suspects...if they are killers, other women in the community could be in danger. The University of Alabama is right there in Birmingham.

Just wanted to make sure that it's known that UAB (as well as Samford & Birmingham Southern) is in Birmingham. The actual University of Alabama is in Tuscaloosa, about an hour to the southwest of Birmingham.

4) I believe that PH did in fact leave the Tin Cup with people she knew for a “better party”, either at a bar down the street, or someplace else, with the people she left with promising her a ride back to the TC or to her car at the end of the evening. Given the seemingly poor camera coverage she may have even come and gone unnoticed multiple times for smoke breaks or to talk to someone if the music was too loud or something. She may not have even been “with” the people she walked out with. (This happened all the time in my 20’s. It was no big deal back then. As a group of 10 or 12, we all looked out for each other and, over time, different cliques would even end up in different bars. At the end of the night you never knew who you’d be riding with. And sometimes where you’d end up sleeping.)

5) Ultimately, though, I think she found herself partying with friends of friends and maybe, in the end, total strangers. She knew the situation had gotten sketchy, her hinky-meter was in good working order, and she texted the work friend. But it was already too late at that point.

Going with this theory - which I tend to find myself thinking about. It's been posted on here various times (early on - I don't have a link to support this) about something regarding a disagreement between PH and the co-worker at the bar. Could it have been them arguing about PH wanting to leave and go hang elsewhere and the co-worker wanting to stay?

I'm not trying to be a jerk but can you point out where it says "plural friends says she left". I'm not seeing it. However, I didn't read the heavy.com one -- not the most reliable folks around :) Thanks!
I believe it was in the link I copied when I made that post.

Did you find any SOs at the Saddle Ridge Estates trailer park?
@Van Helsing- I looked this up. I found 1 SO listed at that trailer park and 3 more close by.
I actually get a hunch that these apartments are important to this case. MOO.

Just wanted to make sure that it's known that UAB (as well as Samford & Birmingham Southern) is in Birmingham. The actual University of Alabama is in Tuscaloosa, about an hour to the southwest of Birmingham.

Unfortunately the Birmingham PD has a poor rate of solving murders. This is also from the Alabama Media Group:

"Nearly 80 homicides took place in communities throughout Jefferson County in the first six months of 2018. As of July 1, 2018 78 people had been reported slain, including 52 in the City of Birmingham. Of the countywide deaths, at least 33 remain unsolved."

Who killed them? 33 unsolved Birmingham-area homicides in first 6 months of 2018

Scrolling through the JCO inmates I have a question.....hope this is allowable if not please delete. When there is an attempted murder by shooting in Alabama would the charges read attempted murder or just murder?

The Patch agrees:

"In Birmingham, 43 percent of the homicides tracked over the past decade went unsolved, according to the analysis.
According to the Post's data, there were 800 homicides in Birmingham between 2007 and 2017. Over that time period, the number of homicides stayed flat while the arrest rate decreased. There were 64 homicides cleared without an arrest."

Here's Where Homicides Go Unsolved In Birmingham

I think you will be eating your words when the autopsy comes out. I highly doubt that there will be drugs in her system

Simple fact, it is not a crime for someone to overdose at your house. If it happens, do you call 911 or grab a shovel? Its easy to take the fact that she once had issues, and try to blame her death on that, but it is also lazy.

<modsnip>

The people involved in this aren't very bright. The only reason arrests haven't been made is because there are several people involved, and LE wants evidence on ALL those people before they arrest any of them.

Simple fact #2, somebody told LE where that body was. That person had to be one of the people involved. I believe they know the entire story and are working on evidence to prove it.

All MOO
I don't believe someone told LE where the body was is a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KariGirl