Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole notion that the burial site was discovered with cellphone data is ludicrous. Cellphone data can put you in an area of several square miles, it cannot pinpoint your location.

It's not ludicrous at all. Depending on varying features and apps, such as location sharing & gps, your phone can in fact pinpoint exactly where you are. I like to tell the story about the time (and this was 7-8 years ago, the tech has vastly improved since then) I pulled up my hubby's location and texted him "put that one back, we've already seen it". Needless to say, he was stunned. He had no idea that I knew, based on his location sharing with me, that the map put him directly inside the local used dvd store. It was just a fluke he was actually holding a dvd in his hand that we'd already seen.

Of course I have no idea if PH had these sort of features on her phone (or if anyone else did either) but the fact is, technology can do a heck of a lot more than we realize, and has consistently and increasingly become more and more pivotal in cases just like this.

It's not ludicrous at all. Depending on varying features and apps, such as location sharing & gps, your phone can in fact pinpoint exactly where you are. I like to tell the story about the time (and this was 7-8 years ago, the tech has vastly improved since then) I pulled up my hubby's location and texted him "put that one back, we've already seen it". Needless to say, he was stunned. He had no idea that I knew, based on his location sharing with me, that the map put him directly inside the local used dvd store. It was just a fluke he was actually holding a dvd in his hand that we'd already seen.

Of course I have no idea if PH had these sort of features on her phone (or if anyone else did either) but the fact is, technology can do a heck of a lot more than we realize, and has consistently and increasingly become more and more pivotal in cases just like this.
Certain apps will pinpoint your location, but that information is not logged. So unless someone was following her as it happened...

We move DOD freight exclusively in and out of over 300 different military installations across the country. We move flatbed, step deck, RGN, over-dimensional, and LTL's. We manage multiple unit moves exclusively throughout the year. We are one of the top 50 producing broker/carriers for the Department of Defense. We have a proven track record in the transportation industry. We perform with precision in a short period of time, all the while emphasizing safety, security, and compliance. Our extensive network of thousands of trucks nationwide offers you an unsurpassed array of equipment, capabilities and capacity. We have the required governmental certification to handle your complex military and defense rated shipments.” (BBM)
LinkedIn Login, Sign in | LinkedIn

“Company Snapshot” from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration website:
SAFER Web - Company Snapshot EXPEDITED TRANSPORT LLC

Last edited:
Depending on varying features and apps, such as location sharing & gps, your phone can in fact pinpoint exactly where you are. I like to tell the story about the time (and this was 7-8 years ago, the tech has vastly improved since then) I pulled up my hubby's location and texted him "put that one back, we've already seen it".

Seconding this. If PH had an iPhone, I can guarantee that if specific location services were turned on, the exact location of the phone could be found. I'm not sure on other devices.

Updated 8:55 AM;Today 8:55 AM
“The autopsy for Paighton Houston has been completed, but authorities said they don’t yet know how the Trussville woman died.

Jefferson County Chief Deputy Coroner Bill Yates on Monday said further examination and testing is needed to determine the cause and manner of death.

[SBM]

Friends and family of Houston on Saturday put up yellow ribbons in Trussville in her memory. Visitation for Houston will be held Thursday, Jan. 9, from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. at Clearbranch United Methodist Church in Trussville. Her funeral will be held Friday at 11 a.m., with burial to follow in Jefferson Memorial Gardens.“ (BBM)
Paighton Houston’s autopsy complete; cause and manner of death still not determined

Last edited:
Does this mean there were no obvious signs of trauma based on the findings? Or could they be waiting to release regardless due to the high profile nature?
“Jefferson County Chief Deputy Coroner Bill Yates on Monday said further examination and testing is needed to determine the cause and manner of death.”

So appears to be the former, IMO.

Last edited:
The whole notion that the burial site was discovered with cellphone data is ludicrous. Cellphone data can put you in an area of several square miles, it cannot pinpoint your location.

Well, from what I understand they were in the area the day before searching for several hours. I’m not sure they just went straight to the house?

Random thought: I wonder how the co-worker's description of the men in the bar was actually worded in her convo with PH's mother. The way it's reported does come across as cliche and trope-y, and I can see why some people (myself included, at times) question its credibility. I'm curious if "heavy-set black men" was something co-worker more or less blurted out, or if it's what a longer conversation was reduced to.

Random thought: I wonder how the co-worker's description of the men in the bar was actually worded in her convo with PH's mother. The way it's reported does come across as cliche and trope-y, and I can see why some people (myself included, at times) question its credibility. I'm curious if "heavy-set black men" was something co-worker more or less blurted out, or if it's what a longer conversation was reduced to.
Good point. My guess is the later.

Scrolling through the JCO inmates I have a question.....hope this is allowable if not please delete. When there is an attempted murder by shooting in Alabama would the charges read attempted murder or just murder?
If no one was killed (you yourself said it was "attempted murder" which would imply no one was dead) how could they charge them with murder?

Not sure if anyone has already provided this, but here is the link.
The Chilling Last Text This Alabama Woman Sent Before Disappearing Over a Week Ago
All I see is a statement made by her mother not unlike the statement made by her friend that she willingly left the bar with the two men. Wherein lies the difference that websleuths believe one but not the other? Is it because the media has put the mother in front of cameras and not the friend or is it because one makes us feel good and one makes us feel bad?

Updated 8:55 AM;Today 8:55 AM
“The autopsy for Paighton Houston has been completed, but authorities said they don’t yet know how the Trussville woman died.

Jefferson County Chief Deputy Coroner Bill Yates on Monday said further examination and testing is needed to determine the cause and manner of death.

[SBM]

Friends and family of Houston on Saturday put up yellow ribbons in Trussville in her memory. Visitation for Houston will be held Thursday, Jan. 9, from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m. at Clearbranch United Methodist Church in Trussville. Her funeral will be held Friday at 11 a.m., with burial to follow in Jefferson Memorial Gardens.“ (BBM)
Paighton Houston’s autopsy complete; cause and manner of death still not determined

Wow. So technically, at this point, the results are inconclusive. I was afraid of that, but optimistic that wouldn’t be the case. We could be here a while? Sounds like they didn’t see any external signs of trauma??

ME is obviously waiting on Toxicology and specimen collections to determine MOD & COD.

I didn't believe from what was said on Friday by LE that there was any signs of obvious trauma. MOO

God Bless Paighton's family and loved ones. I will continue praying for him to shine the light on the truth. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oh_silly_me