Spain Jay Slater, 19, missing on holiday in Tenerife, 17 June 2024 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is a very good video on the tube by DTR showing the walk from the Casa, down the track, past the cottages and to the end of the track and beyond that J supposedly took, which I believe corresponds with carbuncle69 map.

'Walking Jays last known footsteps'

That video very succinctly answers the question “Why would he leave the road?”

The road kept going up, he wanted to go down. The path goes down but then abruptly ends. I can’t imagine turning around at that point after walking for so long.

Haunting video

Moo..his friend Brad said he could hear Jay sliding on gravel. It is easy to slide downwards on gravel, where as trying to climb up loose rock and gravel you basically have to climb on all fours to get traction. The first slip would explain how he went off road at start and got lost....moo
Brad didn't say he could hear Jay sliding on gravel. He said he could hear that he was no longer walking on the road because of the change in sound. He gave the example of being able to hear when someone is walking on gravel to clarify what he meant. It was Isla who suggested that Brad actually saw Jay's feet sliding on gravel, but Brad didn't actually agree with this statement. What he agreed to was Isla's corrected question: "like you could hear the rocks?", Brad said this: "yeah, that's how I knew he went off the road, cos, if when you walk on gravel or whatever it is, you can... you know what I mean... it's stones".
Jay Slater's best mate heard him 'slip on rocks' as he details final phone chat

He also explains in the interview what Jay said about his reasons for wanting to going off road:
"I'm not walking down all round that road" and he's gone over a little bit, like a little, not a big drop, just a little tiny little drop, and he's going down there, he goes 'I'll ring you back, I'll ring you back', cos I think someone else were ringing him. He probably...(inaudible micro utterance) ... If he were thinking like me, he would have went back up and started walking round the path again. He wouldn't have gone all that way down there.”

It seems clear to me that Jay could see that "walking down all round that road" meant walking all the way round a long hair pin bend or bends in order to descend, and he wasn't willing to do that.
And he could see that if it was possible, cutting across the coils of the snake-like road, would shorten the route considerably. After all, hairpin bends are constructed so that vehicles are able to go up and down. People on foot, could potentially cut between them at some points.
Jay could see from where he was walking along the road, that it was going "round and down". Brad could also see that Jay was heading downwards and that the road (or path as Brad calls it) goes "round". There are only certain sections of that road where you can actually see what the road is doing in terms of snaking its way round and down the steep incline. And the "little tiny little drop" that Brad refers to, could well have been the view once Jay had stepped over the low concrete blocks that seem to line the entire road, onto the rocks, which do indeed go "all that way down there".

If Jay's body was found close to where it last pinged, I wonder if it was found close to where Jay was when he was talking to Brad.

Wow….

Williams-Thomas told The Mirror the family received 'two videos posted of separate people, meant to be Jay, having been beaten up'.

One clip allegedly featured the 'We have your son', with the detective saying it was 'created for publication by someone wanting to give the impression they had Jay held hostage'.

He explained that 'within hours' they had established that Slater was not the individual depicted in the videos.

The investigator also revealed that the family have been contacted by people who said 'they have Jay and will give information in exchange for a sum of money'.

'What has taken up the most time has been investigating the many theories and the false information that gathered traction on social media and then subsequently in the media,' he told the newspaper.

'You will understand that the family lived in hope of every new piece of information that Jay was alive, so they all needed to be investigated.'

‌"The area where the body was found was highlighted yesterday afternoon with the search and rescue helicopter in the area, it is around a 20 minutes walk from the pin drop location. The terrain is rough and hazardous and having now seen the video of the search team on Monday morning and that the helicopter was in the same area on Sunday afternoon where the body was recovered, it is clear to see just how treacherous and dangerous it is - a slip or loss of footing would prove fatal.

There is a very good video on the tube by DTR showing the walk from the Casa, down the track, past the cottages and to the end of the track and beyond that J supposedly took, which I believe corresponds with carbuncle69 map.

Thank you for this. I couldn't find that one but I did go on a deep dive through the hiking videos and it showed me why one might be tempted to take one of the hiking paths. Most of those paths I watched were fairly civilised, with steps cut into the mountain and often handrails of some sort, relatively straightforward to navigate and easy to turn round and retrace one's steps if the going got too hard. Then there are others which are designated hiking trails but which have patches where the path narrows to a foot wide with a vertical drop at the side for short distances. Too easy to stumble and fall, particularly if one is sleep deprived, panicked and without supplies. Another I found by Knightsrider shows the landscape and speaks of the less hospitable paths which intertwine, making it easy to get lost and too confusing to turn round.... plus the thin air and low temperature at that height making walking a lot more tiring than one expects. Trawling YT was an education, I admit.

‌"The area where the body was found was highlighted yesterday afternoon with the search and rescue helicopter in the area, it is around a 20 minutes walk from the pin drop location. The terrain is rough and hazardous and having now seen the video of the search team on Monday morning and that the helicopter was in the same area on Sunday afternoon where the body was recovered, it is clear to see just how treacherous and dangerous it is - a slip or loss of footing would prove fatal.

Many tabloids are screaming “Jay found just yards from last location” but 20 minutes is a LOT of yards. Unfair for searchers to be criticised for not finding him, especially bearing in mind they had to winch someone down from a helicopter to retrieve him.

I think because of the nearness to Dr Mosley it was first thought that heat was an issue but I believe it was later confirmed to be under 20 degrees C and actually chilly at at that time in the morning and Jay would have been quite cold in just shorts and a T ahirt
Yeah I never understood that. It wasn't desert like conditions. I'm a fit 46 year old and I'm fairly sure i could've made the 11 hour walk without water. Obviously it'd be torturous but a fit young man like Jay would've managed it. RIP young man. Irrespective of his past it's a heartbreaking end to a person who'll never get a chance to raise his own kids. I hope all the speculation is killed off now and MWT never darkens our doorstep again.

That's excellent cheers. Interestingly, people have referenced above that he was found 20 mins walk past the last known location. In the video, the end of the path is 14 minutes on. Suggesting he'd left the path and into the rough ground.

Very tragic .
It's a mercy of sorts for the family that Jay's remains have been found but unfortunately there will always be unanswered questions in their minds .

They might not share the coordinates for a while, to prevent Tiktokers from turning it into an attraction immediately. Just IMO what I would do if I was the police in this situation.
Edited: grammar
Personally seems they found the body earlier (past weekend) and notified those who needed to know. So do think they have tried to be discrete.

Last edited:
Personally seems they found the body earlier (past weekend) and notified those who needed to know. So do thinkbthey have tried to be discrete.
Are you saying you think the body was found before this morning, when it was only released to the public?

Are you saying you think the body was found before this morning, when it was only released to the public?
Yes. The friends were posting RIP messages and the BnB guys posted some videos celebraring yesterday at the same time not for euros

• Wow
Reactions: nao
Tragic, but what I expected from the start.

In all probability this is what it always appeared to be: a young man, inexperienced in this kind of terrain, who became tired, dehydrated and disoriented ("lost") in steep and dangerous conditions which were very difficult to search.

Whether he was "running away" or just in a hurry to get back to his hotel, I don't expect foul play to have been a factor. But I will gladly admit if I'm wrong.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mili
Back