Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what I think, I mean, if a person dies from an OD, you leave her in the street, or even drop her body at the ER. You don't spend time and energy to hide and bury a body.

This really worries me, so many young women have "disappeared" in Birmingham. Do they have a serial killer there?

It has been sort of hit and miss over the last 20 years, but it seems like this area has a higher rate of missing and found dead young women, than would be normal for a city that size.

Oh that scary. Do you have a list at all?

What are they looking for in a microscopic exam if you know? And what’s weighing the organs about?

Organs such as heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, etc are removed and weighed. Enlarged organs can determine diseases. Once the organ is weighed - thin slices are obtained and sealed in paraffin. Then the tissue slices are examined under the microscope to further delineate diseases that are not seen on the gross examination. Gross examination is done first and is merely looking and seeing what’s readily identifiable. For example...heart disease or lung disease can be readily seen on gross examination. The cause of the disease can be further delineated with the microscopic examination.

Does this help you understand more clearly @gitana1?

Organs such as heart, lungs, kidneys, brain, etc are removed and weighed. Enlarged organs can determine diseases. Once the organ is weighed - thin slices are obtained and sealed in paraffin. Then the tissue slices are examined under the microscope to further delineate diseases that are not seen on the gross examination. Gross examination is done first and is merely looking and seeing what’s readily identifiable. For example...heart disease or lung disease can be readily seen on gross examination. The cause of the disease can be further delineated with the microscopic examination.

Does this help you understand more clearly @gitana1?
Thanks for sharing your expertise!

In your opinion, would an autopsy completed after 2 wks, show signs of strangulation or asphyxiation?

In your opinion, would an autopsy completed after 2 wks, show signs of strangulation or asphyxiation?

@Momma2cam. Short answer is yes. The hyoid bone if fractured would be indicative of strangulation or asphyxiation. Very rarely is the hyoid bone fractured due to an accidental fall.

I’m no expert but I did deal with autopsies during my career in pathology. It was quite a learning experience. Interesting also. I had the opportunity to talk to detectives regarding homicides. Can’t say it enough - I learned a lot.

Paighton Laine Houston - View Obituary & Service Information

Paighton’s obituary is up. May she Rest In Peace.

Thank you for posting, Crimechick27.

“Paighton Laine Houston 29, of Trussville, Alabama, went to her eternal home on Janauary 3, 2020. She was born in Birmingham, Alabama, grew up in Trussville, Alabama and was a graduate of Hewitt Trussville High School, class of 2008. Paighton was loved by all who knew her with her infectious personality and fun loving spirit. She loved to spend time with family and friends.”

[...]

“Visitation will be held at Clearbranch United Methodist Church, Trussville, AL on Thursday, January 9th from 5:00-7:00 pm, with funeral services at same location on Friday, January 10th at 11:00 am. Burial will follow at Jefferson Memorial Gardens. Deerfoot Memorial Funeral Home is directing.”

This is my best speculation, too. I learned something on Dr. Phil, of all shows, that is a good tip for everyone to know, even drug dealers.

If I am not mistaken, I think that Dr. Phil said that anyone can ask a pharmacist for NARCAN. You don't need a prescription. You can just ask for it. So, if you saw someone overdosed on the side of the road, you could potentially save a person's life.

Just think. If PH had overdosed and they did have NARCAN on hand, they could have potentially saved her life.

Also worth checking your local jurisdiction because in NYC, community programs are authorized to pass out Narcan for free:

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/doh/downloads/pdf/hcp/naloxone-what-you-need-to-know.pdf

I found this that may be helpful.
Post-mortem clinical pharmacology

There is no reliable or obvious connection between concentrations measured in life and subsequent to death. Consequently, concentrations measured after death cannot generally be interpreted to yield concentrations present before death. The definition of lethal concentrations is extremely difficult. For rigour, it is necessary to assign a series of deaths to the DID and DID-not categories independent of the drug concentrations, and examine how the concentrations differ between the two groups. Usually there will be a broad overlap, and a correspondingly wide range of uncertainty in deciding whether a concentration found after death caused the death. Post-mortem concentrations have been over-interpreted in the past, and good evidence should be required before ‘lethal concentrations’ are defined in the future.

Those can also be characteristics that can be applied to all who suffer from an addiction. It's a lifelong battle and each day holds some uncertainty to it. From my own experiences with family that has dealt with addiction, a relapse does not mean that treatment didn't work or that the person lost their willpower to live.

That being said, it's still too early for me to theorize what happened. I do think it's weird that they didn't release a clothing description of the men she allegedly left with

Welcome Adelineskies. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member