Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question about NARCAN, is it for all overdoses? Such as cocaine, herion, pain meds, etc? I am naive to all of this.
I just looked it up on Webmd, and here's what it says:

Naloxone blocks the effects of drugs made from opium, or opioids. These include:

Opioids slow your breathing. If you take too much of one, your breathing may stop and you could die. If given soon enough, naloxone can counter the overdose effects, usually within minutes.

Last edited:
From all I’ve read they make it seem as though there wasn’t too terribly much decay in the way they worded it if you read back through the threads. As if the body was intact and in fairly good condition.

The ground temperature has also been cool. That should slow the decay process. According to this link the soil temperature in central Alabama is between 41F and 43F at a depth of 4 inches today. That's above freezing but getting close to refrigeration temperature.

Alabama Farmers Federation

So, it has not been mentioned then if any of her personal items have been found? A common pattern I’ve seen is perp’s throwing stuff along the side of the road, sometimes within a couple miles of the disposal site, but they easily could have also dumped stuff in a dumpster, off a bridge...did they leave any of her personal items at the recovery site..

They took the time to conceal/bury her. They didn’t want her found, or at least anytime soon. This obviously means someone has something to hide. This could be because they supplied the drugs, or because they killed her intentionally. I’ll be anxiously awaiting the test results, with everyone else.

Her poor family.

That is what I think, I mean, if a person dies from an OD, you leave her in the street, or even drop her body at the ER. You don't spend time and energy to hide and bury a body.

This really worries me, so many young women have "disappeared" in Birmingham. Do they have a serial killer there?

It has been sort of hit and miss over the last 20 years, but it seems like this area has a higher rate of missing and found dead young women, than would be normal for a city that size.

I am not trying to take away from Paighton but I need your help again. There is a missing man that is from an area not to far from me and his sister is a facebook friend. His family is begging for information and circulation of his missing info. The last time he was seen was in Jacksonville, Florida last Thursday evening. He's from Georgetown SC. His sister was interviewed by a local online news service yesterday and here is a link.

Woman speaks about her missing brother - a Georgetown native

82291891_1234203290105283_5877972450372747264_n.jpg

Can someone start a thread about him? If this is inappropriate please report it or let me know and I will delete it. tia

I didn’t do a program, but after realizing that what I would have portrayed at the time as recreational, was actually something i relied heavily on daily, I knew stopping was my only option. The withdrawals were brief yet horrendous. The recovery was long and solemn. It was well over a year before I even started to feel normal. The stigma took years to wear away. What I can tell you from personal experience is that avoiding at all cost, places and people who you knew in that life is paramount. I won’t say that going out is never a possibility, or that you never truly recover. I could set on top of a mountain of my drug of choice today, and never waiver. I have no desire. If anything sobriety led me in the total opposite direction. Today I don’t drink or smoke or partake in anything stronger than an aspirin. To live with a clear head has become my drug. Total normalcy is my stability. I will say, that a year in, or 2,3, and maybe even 4 would have been too soon for me to have been in that environment. I can also tell you that with or without a program, those who make it understand that total divorce of the elements of their addiction however long it takes, is all that will get you to your next sober day.

yep. Many self talks about how I’m not going to do it today, but if I still feel like doing it tomorrow I will. But then, regardless of how you feel tomorrow you have to keep telling yourself that you just have to make it through today. One day at a time may sound cheesy to some, but to an addict it is a lifeline.

I’m glad you made it through to the other side. It’s not easy. ❤️

My opinion and from other similar modes of body disposals from ODs, either 2 strangers going off to do drugs with a willing participant or a fellow drug user, known to one another, but not real close, usually dump a body to be found quickly, some even while scared, drop bodies in front of ERs if dead or near death.

This cloth wrapping, and burial, imo is from someone who is close to PH and feels (in perhaps a different state of mind) is more respectful or they are hiding and burying from guilt from either manslaughter from badly laced drugs or more sinister premeditated.

Is anyone familiar with asphyxiation vs. strangulation pertaining to COD and autopsy evidence? I believe with strangulation, it is more obvious with damaged internal neck anatomy, bruising, and possibly broken eye capillaries. However, if it is asphyxiation with light wounding pressure, cut off of air supply or other manners of asphyxiation, can they find evidence of this after a body is found later rather than the same or next day?

Also, Fentanyl overdoses are being treated differently by laws, compared to natural opioids from the past. Fentanyl on the street is not much different then Meth, except for the fact it is extraordinarily more deadly than Meth. It is not natural in any way, so like Meth labs, there are Fentanyl non professional Labs in the US, facilitated and set up in the same manners of Meth labs. Homemade Fentanyl is also manufactured then distributed here from Asian countries, the same Asian countries who supply the US with Flaka and other strange synthetic drugs. The formula can be messed up and the crystallization produces an even stronger Elephant tranquilizer, which is far more deadlier than it's close cousin, if one or a few chemical bonds chain up in a certain manner, this becomes an isotope of Fentanyl.

The reason why it is considered murder, is because some dealers are adding it to heroin and now cocaine, but not telling the consumer. The stuff can kill the most durable of drug addicts. I mean this in the way we know some individuals seem to be able to ingest crazy amounts of drugs without having many problems, developing a strong ability to handle amounts other equally as healthy individuals could not.

Also, i read the strange quote yesterday about, "Absence of evidence is not ....." or something like that. I do not think this is universal or credible in most cases. If so, people with no alibis who have committed a crime could simply make up they were at any bar or place imo.

Last edited:
That is what I think, I mean, if a person dies from an OD, you leave her in the street, or even drop her body at the ER. You don't spend time and energy to hide and bury a body.

This really worries me, so many young women have "disappeared" in Birmingham. Do they have a serial killer there?

It has been sort of hit and miss over the last 20 years, but it seems like this area has a higher rate of missing and found dead young women, than would be normal for a city that size.

I like this post a lot and here’s why: It ensures that tunnel vision does not occur here.

And yes, I have certainly have been noticing what seems to be a lot of “cases” out of Alabama. I did a LOT of research in Cupcake’s case, but that was mostly Child *advertiser censored* Rings and Trafficking (brain bleach please.)

I’m being called to work, booo, but will pick up here.

—-

ETA: Perhaps @Gardener1850 has some quick links for us

I am not trying to take away from Paighton but I need your help again. There is a missing man that is from an area not to far from me and his sister is a facebook friend. His family is begging for information and circulation of his missing info. The last time he was seen was in Jacksonville, Florida last Thursday evening. He's from Georgetown SC. His sister was interviewed by a local online news service yesterday and here is a link.

Woman speaks about her missing brother - a Georgetown native

82291891_1234203290105283_5877972450372747264_n.jpg

Can someone start a thread about him? If this is inappropriate please report it or let me know and I will delete it. tia

Ok will do. Standby. Work will have to wait lol.

Last edited:
"The Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office will be continuing this investigation and prosecution will be through the Bessemer Division of Jefferson County.”

I'm assuming the writer meant, "if there is prosecution, it would be handled by Bessemer"?
The employer, Expedited Transport, is named in that article.

I didn’t do a program, but after realizing that what I would have portrayed at the time as recreational, was actually something i relied heavily on daily, I knew stopping was my only option. The withdrawals were brief yet horrendous. The recovery was long and solemn. It was well over a year before I even started to feel normal. The stigma took years to wear away. What I can tell you from personal experience is that avoiding at all cost, places and people who you knew in that life is paramount. I won’t say that going out is never a possibility, or that you never truly recover. I could set on top of a mountain of my drug of choice today, and never waiver. I have no desire. If anything sobriety led me in the total opposite direction. Today I don’t drink or smoke or partake in anything stronger than an aspirin. To live with a clear head has become my drug. Total normalcy is my stability. I will say, that a year in, or 2,3, and maybe even 4 would have been too soon for me to have been in that environment. I can also tell you that with or without a program, those who make it understand that total divorce of the elements of their addiction however long it takes, is all that will get you to your next sober day.

I'd like to pause here and make a note of appreciation, admiration, congratulation, etc to CIH, beth11311, and the others on this thread who have shared their issues with substance abuse. It has been helpful and illuminating in this case.

Thank you so much.

Actually drugs can be detected in hair samples up to 90 days after death.

Are you sure? It seems from the articles I looked at that it could be longer. It could be less. It could be not at all. And whether the drugs caused the death is not going to be determinable if the person died days or weeks before testing.

The ground temperature has also been cool. That should slow the decay process. According to this link the soil temperature in central Alabama is between 41F and 43F at a depth of 4 inches today. That's above freezing but getting close to refrigeration temperature.

Alabama Farmers Federation

Thanks for that! That should help with the autopsy some.

I'd like to pause here and make a note of appreciation, admiration, congratulation, etc to CIH, beth11311, and the others on this thread who have shared their issues with substance abuse. It has been helpful and illuminating in this case.

Thank you so much.

It really has been and it's also endeared us to Paighton even more - along with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321