Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, it sounds like someone saw her at a "party" but don't know the exact place they were or didn't give a very precise location when they phoned in the tip i.e. "I saw her at a house in Hueytown. It's light green and has a green tin roof on the porch"
Once they had found her body, LE was out of there. I feel that if there was any indication that something happened inside that house, cops would have been there for days. I did not see them taking any items out of house. I honestly believe LE has the entire story from one person. I think they know the Chapel Dr. residence was a dumping ground only. I believe the site by the baseball diamond was just another stop, perhaps where she died or was killed. The other searches could have been at the residences of some of the people involved.

So, if there are no witness accounts of everybody leaving the bar together, (whoever all was with PH that night), then this is where the narrative, if false, may be difficult to be disproven.

My current theory is MAYBE a fight happened on the way home.

But what bugs me about this, is the location where she was found. This doesn’t reek of a disposal by a female, but I certainly could be wrong about that. I can’t explain exactly why it potentially seems “male” to begin with. Or non singular. Just musing out loud.

ETA: But is there was a fight, wouldn’t there be physical signs of this? I suppose it depends on both the extent of the injuries and the state of decomposition.

Last edited:
This is the first piece of info that has changed my guess about what happened because (assuming a competent medical examiner) it points to an overdose. Now I think it's more likely her text DID mean "I might have taken too much and I can't count on these people to get me help" but she wanted to wait until she was sure she needed help before she disappointed her mom.

Agreed. This makes me think in line that the co-worker was being truthful the entire time, just unable to be verified because of camera angles or lack of cameras.

That’s exactly what I was going to say...(NOT). Good post. Maybe I will stick around. :)

Found another research article concluding the following:

Frequent findings in cases of fatal opioid intoxication were investigated. Lung edema, brain oedema and full urinary bladder represent a highly specific constellation.

https://www.researchgate.net/public...s_Frequent_findings_and_comparison_to_autopsy

Ok, gonna try and get off that topic now... Got stuck for a bit...;)

I view “still intact” to specifically mean not partial, disarticulated, or dismembered/burned to ashes, etc. In Jessica Ridgeway’s case, it was just her torso which was found, and the specific words were “her body is not intact.” :( I could be wrong, but I don’t think the word “intact” refers specifically to signs of trauma, necessarily, but moreso the entire body being present. Moo. For example, if someone was stabbed to death, the body would not be referred to as not being intact, imo.
I thought that, too. It just struck me as a strange thing to say and was kind of reaching for another explanation. I'm not familiar with JR's case but I can understand them saying it was not intact in her case. In all the cases around Indianapolis, I can't recall LE ever specifically saying someone's body was intact.

on: January 06, 2020
“From The Trussville Tribune staff reports

TRUSSVILLE — The medical examiner’s office in Jefferson County has completed an autopsy on the body of 29-year-old Paighton Houston.

Coroner Bill Yates said the cause of death has not yet been determined. Further examination and testing will be performed, according to Yates.

‘We do toxicology on every case if it’s possible,’ said Yates. ‘The only case that we don’t do toxicology on is if it’s skeletal remains or if it’s a delayed death of weeks to months because in that case, there’s no point in testing because whatever was in their system has now been filtered out.’

Toxicology results could take weeks to be revealed.

[SBM]”
Jefferson County Coroner’s Office completes autopsy of Paighton Houston, funeral arrangements announced

Agreed. This makes me think in line that the co-worker was being truthful the entire time, just unable to be verified because of camera angles or lack of cameras.

Ya, but if she did leave with two large black guys, who told LE where the body was? Highly unlikely a heroin dealer is going to have a conscience and call it in.

I thought that, too. It just struck me as a strange thing to say and was kind of reaching for another explanation. I'm not familiar with JR's case but I can understand them saying it was not intact in her case. In all the cases around Indianapolis, I can't recall LE ever specifically saying someone's body was intact.

It is a strange thing to say, “intact”. Usually, this word is referenced if the body is “not” intact, so I know what you mean. I didn’t catch the video of this being said (this was said in a video right?) so I’m not sure why this was specifically mentioned. Did a reporter ask about this specifically?

Something I’d like to add from experience re: the text and how it might or might not relate to an OD (others thinking her text meant she knew she was in trouble).

When I OD’d, I had no idea it was happening. I shot up, and that’s the last thing I remembered. So if PH did OD, intravenously at least, she wouldn’t have had the time or wherewithal to text anyone. It’s not like some other drugs where you can tell things are going sideways. It’s literally seconds. It hits your bloodstream and boom, that’s it.

If PH did indeed OD, the only consolation I can offer is that she felt no pain, had no idea it was happening, and essentially just...went to sleep. That’s been my personal experience with OD’ing and IV heroin use. Luckily, I lived to tell about it. Many don’t.

Something I’d like to add from experience re: the text and how it might relate to an OD.

When I OD’d, I had no idea it was happening. I shot up, and that’s the last thing I remembered. So if PH did OD, intravenously at least, she wouldn’t have had the time or wherewithal to text anyone. It’s not like some other drugs where you can tell things are going sideways. It’s literally seconds.

If PH did indeed OD, the only consolation I can offer is that she felt no pain, had no idea it was happening, and essentially just...went to sleep. That’s been my personal experience with OD’ing and IV heroin use.

I am SO GLAD you made it back, Beth. So many don’t. Thank you for being here.

Certain apps will pinpoint your location, but that information is not logged. So unless someone was following her as it happened...

Google location history is in fact, logged and extraordinarily accurate. If you have it turned on. Now I'm not saying for certain this is how LE located PH, but I am saying it's a tool LE uses more and more, without ever relying on an interview or verbal tips being phoned in.

If that radius happens to give clues to locations familiar to PH and/or when used in conjunction with other tips, it very well could lead to her burial site. Moo

ETA: Searches occurred at at least 2 other locations prior to the searches on Thursday. On Thursday, searches started a mile or so away at the softball field. Canines were used. I'm guessing one hit on something in that back yard that lead to them seeking a warrant to return Fri. Moo
MSM reported late on 1/2 that dogs hit on something in that back yard. They stopped search to get warrants. Hueytown police reported that no body was found yet.

It is a strange thing to say, “intact”. Usually, this word is referenced if the body is “not” intact, so I know what you mean. I didn’t catch the video of this being said (this was said in a video right?) so I’m not sure why this was specifically mentioned. Did a reporter ask about this specifically?
The DA gave a quick presser after the discovery of the remains, and literally said the body was intact, I don’t recall her answer being in response to a reporter’s question. I’ll try to find the link for you!

Last edited:
I didn’t do a program, but after realizing that what I would have portrayed at the time as recreational, was actually something i relied heavily on daily, I knew stopping was my only option. The withdrawals were brief yet horrendous. The recovery was long and solemn. It was well over a year before I even started to feel normal. The stigma took years to wear away. What I can tell you from personal experience is that avoiding at all cost, places and people who you knew in that life is paramount. I won’t say that going out is never a possibility, or that you never truly recover. I could set on top of a mountain of my drug of choice today, and never waiver. I have no desire. If anything sobriety led me in the total opposite direction. Today I don’t drink or smoke or partake in anything stronger than an aspirin. To live with a clear head has become my drug. Total normalcy is my stability. I will say, that a year in, or 2,3, and maybe even 4 would have been too soon for me to have been in that environment. I can also tell you that with or without a program, those who make it understand that total divorce of the elements of their addiction however long it takes, is all that will get you to your next sober day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader