Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Google location history is in fact, logged and extraordinarily accurate. If you have it turned on. Now I'm not saying for certain this is how LE located PH, but I am saying it's a tool LE uses more and more, without ever relying on an interview or verbal tips being phoned in.

Yeah I can fart and technology can tell where it was. They can also tell what color underwear you’re wearing from space.

Last edited:
on: January 06, 2020
“From The Trussville Tribune staff reports

TRUSSVILLE — The medical examiner’s office in Jefferson County has completed an autopsy on the body of 29-year-old Paighton Houston.

Coroner Bill Yates said the cause of death has not yet been determined. Further examination and testing will be performed, according to Yates.

‘We do toxicology on every case if it’s possible,’ said Yates. ‘The only case that we don’t do toxicology on is if it’s skeletal remains or if it’s a delayed death of weeks to months because in that case, there’s no point in testing because whatever was in their system has now been filtered out.’

Toxicology results could take weeks to be revealed.

[SBM]”
Jefferson County Coroner’s Office completes autopsy of Paighton Houston, funeral arrangements announced
That basically says it to me in a nutshell. Toxicology. Laws obviously need changing when it comes to disposal of a body. Moo

I can see that. This could be it.
Original quote:
Now I think it's more likely her text DID mean "I might have taken too much and I can't count on these people to get me help" but she wanted to wait until she was sure she needed help before she disappointed her mom.

I disagree. I know a lot of addicts, a LOT, some sober now and some not. When a person realizes they have used to much, there is VERY a little time at that point. Meaning by the time they realize this they usually only have time to call 911 or shout for help before going unconscious.

Once they had found her body, LE was out of there. I feel that if there was any indication that something happened inside that house, cops would have been there for days. I did not see them taking any items out of house. I honestly believe LE has the entire story from one person. I think they know the Chapel Dr. residence was a dumping ground only. I believe the site by the baseball diamond was just another stop, perhaps where she died or was killed. The other searches could have been at the residences of some of the people involved.
I agree that we would have seen some heavy duty CSI processing going on in the house, and that more than likely it would have been kept under crime scene tape for longer than it was.

Just speculating, but one possibility is that PH was with other users getting high, and OD'ed. Someone panicked and buried her body. Then with all the media and news about her being missing, one or more of those who were getting high with her (not necessarily the one(s) who buried her) reported having been with her that night in the area of the softball fields, perhaps mentioning being near an abandoned house, or something along those lines. It is possible this person or people were messed up, and didn't know the area well, so weren't able to provide an exact location of where they were. The searches last week with the K9s ultimately allowed LE to find the body.

As for the friend's story about being at the Tin Roof, that could either be true, or it could be that the story was given by the friend to PH's family that Saturday morning as a cover (with the friend knowing or suspecting that PH had been using). Ultimately, it is very possible that the friend was with her earlier in the evening, but not when she died.

As for the text, the "I feel in trouble" could be an indication that PH was concerned either about relapsing, or possibly about having already used and being concerned that she didn't feel "right" or was worried about overdosing. The "idk who I'm with" could be PH saying that she was not with people she knew well enough to help her not relapse, or help her deal with ODing.

Any particular reason?

A gut feeling more than anything. Somewhat familiar with the area. People that live in these apartments would make the drive to Birmingham for social outings. They also would come back and continue drinking, smoking, etc. Often times, they would encourage others to come to join them in a more relaxed/chill environment. Since they are unable to determine a MOD and are waiting on toxicology, my mind immediately goes to meeting these people, kicking back with them, some type of accident or OD happening, and the people at the apartment freaking out and knowing about that house and dumping her there. Not that it's a normal reaction, but in today's world, you have to think that people there may be participating in illegal things, have warrants, etc.

This scenario would put someone there that may be more inclined to tell police than the others.

Of course, this is all just a theory (MOO), but a plausible one in my eyes. I'm now in a different area, but this has happened here before, just without the national coverage.

A heart valve issue can cause a autonomic nervous system response which will definitely make a person "feel in trouble." Wife has mitral valve prolapse with dysautonomia and we've had to go to the emergency room several times.

I believe the death investigation will turn into a homicide investigation.

I've seen several true crime shows where the cases were at first death investigations, but all of the detectives interviewed in various cases said the same thing, which is... in every death investigation they go into each case as if it is a homicide investigation. That way all vital evidence is collected in the beginning and throughout the ongoing investigation.

It's not unheard of for the victim to leave with strangers either just like Savannah Spurlock did when she met the 3 men the night she left with them from the bar they were at. SS also did not have her own vehicle that night.

I havent seen anything from LE that convinces me the text sent did not come from PH. I believed it did. It's very obvious now she was right, and was in grave danger. Even if she couldnt talk if she called back, and couldn't say anything it would be a way to alarm/alert her friend so much they needed to call 911, and report both the text, and a call even though PH may not have been able to say anything at the time. Even silence on the other end from PH would alert them she was in grave danger. It's sad between that text, and whatever happened she didn't have any opportunity to even make a silent callback. I wish she had trusted her gut instincts and somehow gotten away then from those she feared who she said she did not know them.. :(

I may have missed this, but did they say she was naked or clothed when found buried in the shallow grave? Tia. Iirc, when SS was finally located in a shallow grave she was found naked.

If PH was also found unclothed I'm leaning more to this also being a sexual assault motive crime, and murdering her after the rape or rapes had taken place.

Jmho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members