Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ETA: Usually a tenancy by the entirety would be between a husband and wife. I don't know real estate law in AL, but usually that language is unnecessary if it's a husband/wife deed. It could be a man and his brother (EXAMPLE ONLY), as joint tenants with right of survivorship.
^^dbm

Not in Alabama and another example only: after my grandfather passed, my grandmother retitled most of her properties R/S to automatically pass, without probate, to the surviving owner(s) when she died.

<modsnip: removed broken quotes>

Two things that caught my eye was someone seems to have a preference for Bud Light and it appears at one point someone was using this tipped over bin to dispose/collect the cans.

Does not necessarily scream party house or party house was discovered and home owner or someone was cleaning yard of debris. Just seemed like any random squatter/party goer would not take the time to put cans in a bin.

My mother has a bin like that where she tosses all the aluminum cans that come her way--beer, pop, cans thrown over her fence by people driving past...When it gets kind of full, my brother takes it in for the deposit refund.

I agree that her family is not ashamed of PH. However, they may not want the circumstances surrounding her death revealed at trial. jmo

What? Paighton Houston is the victim and there is nothing to be ashamed for being victimized by some antisocial animal be it a young woman or man. The only one who may feel shame, although i doubt that in this case, is the defendant, should it go to trial. Perhaps, someone in Alabama watched enough episodes of 'How to Get Away with Murder.' Imo her family was not at all ashamed of PH, in fact, they seemed proud of Paighton.

Last edited:
Can't discuss or sleuth the private individual and/or witness unless LE names them a POI or suspect -- with the exception of their allegation being treated as fact by police that PH was seen from across the bar willingly leaving with two HBM (which can also be linked in MSM).

(I don't know what's to discuss about an attorney's statement -- at the request of a parent-- to stop the alleged bashing and harassment of the individual on SM).

The Criminal Defense Attorney in a quoted statement mentioned he was SPECIFICALLY hired for the SOLE PURPOSE of facilitating 'communication,' between his client and Law Enforcement.

Sole purpose, so imo the rest is bs to cover over the true reason he was hired in a statement in the same article, as it seems to be working here on this board.

There was a major discussion of this upthread. It degenerated into a MOD clean up because of sleuthing the attorneys client. I suppose parts of his statement could be talked about. jmo

This is from his statement: " has told them everything she remembers from that night" .

My thought is that Paighton's friends may not remember what happened that night. Why would an attorney mention "remembers" and why not say "my client has told them everything that happened that night". JMO I am only discussing what the attorney statement said and what came to my mind when I read it.

Adding link to statement: Attorney refutes social media 'bashers' attacking friend of Paighton Houston

This is from his statement: " has told them everything she remembers from that night" .

My thought is that Paighton's friends may not remember what happened that night. Why would an attorney mention "remembers" and why not say "my client has told them everything that happened that night". JMO I am only discussing what the attorney statement said and what came to my mind when I read it.

Adding link to statement: Attorney refutes social media 'bashers' attacking friend of Paighton Houston

Probably careful lawyer speak...in case something becomes known she did not mention?

I don't doubt the family wants the truth. The point I was trying to make was if abuse of a corpse was the only crime committed would the family want her drug use made public to pursue what I consider a minor crime. Abuse was only recently made a felony instead of a misdemeanor.

A minor crime, 'abuse,' of a loved ones, 'dead body,' a corpse should be a felony! It is imo disturbing that people become outraged and demand hard justice for those who are charged with destruction of public property during protests, yet here we are on a human victim's board discussing that abusing a dead body should be considered a minor offense. Yeah, hard time for destroying a fence, hard time for abusing an Object vs. a Human Being's corpse, dead human, dead human body.

That was a great point to pick out of this Criminal Defense Attorney's MSM statement, which imo, was not at all beneficial, for his client, and could imo fuel and intensify questions in the minds of those who loved and cared for Paighton Houston.

I believe all we can discuss is exactly what you spotted, yet cannot comment further theories and speculation. But, imo, these statements say more than enough, by this Defense Lawyer's statement(s) alone. The statements alone, imo, could be further analyzed in one's mind without using far out ideas, and one can read as being 'round a bouts,' of a 'Dead Mans Tale.' (sic)

All anyone can ever do is tell what they remember. It may sound like he's being evasive, but I think he's just being accurate.

Probably careful lawyer speak...in case something becomes known she did not mention?

My thought is the witness spent the evening at the Tin Roof bar where alcohol is served and her memory of the evening may not be 100% clear. She can't provide what she does not remember. MOO

What? Paighton Houston is the victim and there is nothing to be ashamed for being victimized by some antisocial animal be it a young woman or man. The only one who may feel shame, although i doubt that in this case, is the defendant, should it go to trial. Perhaps, someone in Alabama watched enough episodes of 'How to Get Away with Murder.' Imo her family was not at all ashamed of PH, in fact, they seemed proud of Paighton.

I said her family was not ashamed. You said What? and then agreed with me.

To me his statement opens doubt about what has been remembered and what has been said as the story of that night. He planted that seed with his wording. He didn't need to do that unless he's covering for a potential conflict or did he?

My thought is the witness spent the evening at the Tin Roof bar where alcohol is served and her memory of the evening may not be 100% clear. She can't provide what she does not remember. MOO
But she remembers that PH left with 2 heavyset black males at 10:45 P.M. and than cannot remember anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briankap