Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that he is dangerous, and should have been kept under surveillance. Makes me think something came to light today that made him more interesting than he had been initially. MOO.

Did LE release any details about this suspect other than a headshot? Tattoos, scars, possible car make and model, last time seen by family and friends, clothing? Did he pack a suitcase and make a run for it? Any specific characteristics, mannerisms, or type of places he is known to enjoy or hang around? Another, key factor, if they believe he has connections to harbor him, or suspect he may be at a roadside motel, or more likely to attempt to blend in with the transient, all this could help in capturing a suspect at large.

Did LE release any details about this suspect other than a headshot? Tattoos, scars, possible car make and model, last time seen by family and friends, clothing? Did he pack a suitcase and make a run for it? Any specific characteristics, mannerisms, or type of places he is known to enjoy or hang around?
Not in the presser or the one that I watched.

How do states make money on prisons? Who pays the state and for what?

Free labor, making state license plates and so forth, is my guess. I understand that private prisons? are looked at as having more potential to possibly be reason to plant drugs and arrest, or other ways of framing an innocent person, because the big money investors make profit from a higher inmate population.

They don’t. Alabama spends close to half a billion dollars a year on prisons.

They can offset some of it by work programs, but I imagine it adds up to pennies on the dollar.

It’s private prison corporations that make the profit, but that doesn’t benefit the state. I don’t think they have a big foothold in Alabama anyways.

http://www.doc.state.al.us/docs/AnnualRpts/2018AnnualReport.pdf

Attachments

• BE31001C-556F-4A5C-8EF2-B82E4D280BDA.jpeg
    BE31001C-556F-4A5C-8EF2-B82E4D280BDA.jpeg
    117.7 KB · Views: 5
I understand all criminals vary with their intelligence. A great example would be a bank robber showing his real ID when asked by teller, before robbing the bank. After mentioning this, usually a man that has done hard time has learned street smarts. Why choose that area which could be connected directly to him and not in the middle of woods, deep woods? If I were afraid of an arrest or being tied to a dead body even if it was an OD, with no other crimes committed, I would not bury a victim anywhere that could remotely be traced back to myself.

But reading your posts you are smarter than most criminals.

As a prior addict, I "think" she went willingly. My sense of judgement would go out the window after a drink or two. Been to some bad places with bad people. I do hope this guy turns himself in...I can kind of see him panicking about returning to prison after spending 20 years there and burying her instead. Also, people can get super strong under the influence, but I think he had at least one other person help.
I don't think he will turn himself in, not after spending 20, and the prospect of more/death if he was found to have supplied her.

Not in the presser or the one that I watched.

He may have had previously died hair possibly at 50. By now, it is possible he has grown a full beard, facial hair, unkempt hair, and be natural, graying. He may not resemble the picture released at all, imo.

Free labor, making state license plates and so forth, is my guess. I understand that private prisons? are looked at as having more potential to possibly be reason to plant drugs and arrest, or other ways of framing an innocent person, because the big money investors make profit from a higher inmate population.

There is a big push to lessen the prison population. jmo

There is a big push to lessen the prison population. jmo

This not my area and I agree, but have heard opposite consensus as to one type or the other, being profitable, and also expensive. That said, it made me wonder just now if the taxpayers eat the costs, thus making a profit potentially for the state, plus fines, etc.

I feel that he is dangerous, and should have been kept under surveillance. Makes me think something came to light today that made him more interesting than he had been initially. MOO.

Maybe they've been watching him and he slipped away yesterday, forced them to do the presser. As long as they knew where he was and under watch it was okay while working on future arrests or needed evidence.

The States get BIG money for housing Federal inmates. The feds pay for that. The food is atrocious, so the inmates that have family mostly eat out of the commissary. They overcharge for everything in there. If the inmate doesn't have fa.ily or financial support he will do alot of different things for money. The staff is perpetually understaffed and underpaid. In my 16 years there.I received 1 pay raise of 3 %. That is just ways the States make money off the top of my head. I he inmates also make goods, like furniture and other stuff ( and of good quality) which the State sells. Pure profit except for supplies. No labor costs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia