Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree they should list him as dangerous, because he most definitely is. As to why they didn't I don't know.
They are extremely tight lipped in this case, but I know firsthand how dangerous T
they can be and the games they play are deadly serious. Having said that, I am sure they have their reasons for being tight lipped and are going this route.

Thank you for taking the time to answer!

Snip

Agee said according to the medical examiner, no trauma was found on Houston’s body that would have led to her death. Investigators said they have reason to believe Houston was in the company of the suspect on the night of Friday, Dec. 20, 2019.

“We have evidence that the victim died the next day at a house on McClain Street, in Brighton,” said Agee. “We have evidence that after the victim died, her body was disposed of by Frederick Hampton, in a criminal matter.”

Investigators said there is no evidence Houston was taken against her will or by force.

Agee said it took a lot of agencies to work through the investigation.

Snip

Chief Deputy Agee said the property where Houston’s body was found is owned by the suspect’s family.

Snip

Trussville Police Detective Ben Short, who assisted in the investigation, released a statement:

“We appreciate the Jefferson County Sheriffs Office and the work their investigators have put and continue to put into the Paighton Houston case. This case brought together a number of agencies and shows that the most effective weapon against crime is cooperation. When law enforcement agencies work together with community support criminals don’t stand a chance. We encourage the community to notify law enforcement if they have any information that would help law enforcement locate Fredrick Hampton.”

SHERIFF’S OFFICE: Suspect charged in Paighton Houston case not in custody, Trussville Police respond

I find this statement troubling: “... no trauma was found [snip by me] that would have led to her death.” In light of the news learned today, my heart hurts even more for PH’s family and true friends.

Wow...he has some interesting friends:D

So are we allowed to sleuth the home on McClain?
^^sbm

No, not on the public thread.

ADMIN NOTE

Please remember that individuals who are not named in MSM (and friends, family, co-workers and their associated relatives) or any relatives of the officially named POI/suspect can NOT be sleuthed and posted about here on the public thread.

Sleuth away behind the scenes, but post responsibly in accordance with Websleuths' TOS.

Thanks.

I understand all criminals vary with their intelligence. A great example would be a bank robber showing his real ID when asked by teller, before robbing the bank. After mentioning this, usually a man that has done hard time has learned street smarts. Why choose that area which could be connected directly to him and not in the middle of woods, deep woods? If I were afraid of an arrest or being tied to a dead body even if it was an OD, with no other crimes committed, I would not bury a victim anywhere that could remotely be traced back to myself.

I understand all criminals vary with their intelligence. A great example would be a bank robber showing his real ID when asked by teller, before robbing the bank. After mentioning this, usually a man that has done hard time has learned street smarts. Why choose that area which could be connected directly to him and not in the middle of woods, deep woods? If I were afraid of an arrest or being tied to a dead body even if it was an OD, with no other crimes committed, I would not bury a victim anywhere that could remotely be traced back to myself.
If they were under the influence of drugs, maybe the Chapel Drive house looked like an ideal place to leave her that night.

Just a thought.

If there are multiple players involved, this presser could have taken place just to rattle the cage to see what gets flushed out. Movements can be monitored, phone taps in place, etc,...

I have a feeling that this suspect will remain on the run only as long as LE WANT’S HIM TO BE !

All MOO.....

Doesn't LE have to obtain a warrant to hold the POI/suspect for longer than 48 hours? Without evidence they had to release him. PH was not found until 2 to 3 days after the release.
Yes they do. But my point is if they suspected his involvement before she was found one would assume they would keep a close eye on him until they had their evidence. Moo

Hey, we are all remorseful that ph ended up partying with the wrong people. May she rest in peace.

She wanted to party. Dammit

Your earlier statement and current one mentioning partying seems direspectful toward the dead, a dead victim, imo, no matter what comes from this, partying or not, and I have yet to hear LE mention anything about partying.

ITA. And for that very reason, I’m not sold on the idea that this case is quite as cut and dry as it appears to be on the surface. MOO - there are “twists” that we’re not yet aware of.
Early on, LE made reference to this case being “complicated”.
If the story actually ends here, then I would consider it to be rather straight forward given the information the public has been provided thus far.

MOO

Just seems odd to me that LE would make such a statement like this right now. Let's get him and find out what really happened. Sorry, just ticls me off...

If they were under the influence of drugs, maybe the Chapel Drive house looked like an ideal place to leave her that night.

You may be correct. My question is based off the the suspect having the coordination and ability to wrap a body, transfer dead weight twice, drive under the influence without suspicion and being pulled over for weaving, and they put forth the effort to dig and bury.

Although, I can not recollect if a time and date of burial was known and released by LE.

ITA. And for that very reason, I’m not sold on the idea that this case is quite as cut and dry as it appears to be on the surface. MOO - there are “twists” that we’re not yet aware of.
Early on, LE made reference to this case being “complicated”.
If the story actually ends here, then I would consider it to be rather straight forward given the information the public has been provided thus far.

MOO

I think after several weeks of investigation it became straight forward.

I also think there are several things that attributed to the initial comment by investigators that the investigation was "complicated" including but not limited to:

Allegations that PH willingly left with two HBM that were not depicted on any surveillance video available to investigators;

Lack of surveillance video from the venue TRB;

Early possible scenario that PH was believed to only be going outdoors for a moment to secure something before she left with her waiting co-worker/driver, but never returned inside the TRB -- leaving investigators to ponder where did she go and with whom.

Or a scenario that PH secured what she went outside for but robbed or worse before she could make it back inside the TRB.

I think any of the above allegations floating around the date of the missing person report or Dec 21 would make the investigation complicated to investigators trying to confirm and make sense of the details.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member