Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a link to the reporters tweet about 2 houses she took pics of.
"Authorities say they believe Paighton Houston died in a house on McClain Street. One of these is his last know address which I photographed a couple weeks ago and the other neighbors said police also searched.:
carol robinson on Twitter

One of our sleuthers found the top one on McClain, which I assumed was the house the neighbors said was searched and where she died. Maybe I need to re-think my assumptions. IIRC, one of the houses next to it housed SOs.

The bottom one I assumed was where he lived. However, I have yet to be able to find a house on 12th Ave S that looks like that one.

Would LE have physically checked to see if FH actually lived at his last known address?

The more I look around on those links posted, the more I wonder exactly what in the Sam Hill PH was doing with FH (and whoever else was there, at those houses mentioned) that night.

Did she know him? Did she know about his past? Who else was there? Is that person, the person who knew FH and his merry band of degenerate RSOs? How the heck did she ever come in contact with such a person as FH? I know someone might (wrongly) assume I am victim blaming, so I'll just get the jump on that right now and make it clear that I am most certainly not. No matter how she came to be in FH's company that night, she didn't deserve what happened to her. But finding out how she ended up in his company will go a long way toward uncovering who else was involved. And not for 1 second do I believe no one else was involved, and no one else knows any details.

moo

Last edited:
In my experiences here, I’ve seen many cases where the perp had the body for some hours after death, often overnight, sometimes in the garage, trunk, crawl space, etc. It’s likely imo he had her body at his residence for some time before burying her, at least until daylight hours, moo.
Oh yeh, Heidi Broussard, Todt family, just to name two.

"Authorities say they believe Paighton Houston died in a house on McClain Street. One of these is his last know address which I photographed a couple weeks ago and the other neighbors said police also searched.:

One of our sleuthers found the top one on McClain, which I assumed was the house the neighbors said was searched and where she died. Maybe I need to re-think my assumptions. IIRC, one of the houses next to it housed SOs.

The bottom one I assumed was where he lived. However, I have yet to be able to find a house on 12th Ave S that looks like that one.

Would LE have physically checked to see if FH actually lived at his last known address?

I accidentally found the McClain street address by looking for FH. I don't recall the exact search term I used but it wasn't hard, considering Hampton seems to be a popular name among SOs in the area.

Google street view of the house on 12th leaves much to be desired.

In response to Would LE have physically checked to see if FH actually lived at his last known address?

One would think they would check. A lost opportunity if not, perhaps they could have originally held him on that charge alone when they had him in custody on Dec. 28.

The more I look around on those links posted, the more I wonder exactly what in the Sam Hill PH was doing with FH (and whoever else was there, at those houses mentioned) that night.

Did she know him? Did she know about his past? Who else was there? Is that person, the person who knew FH and his merry band of degenerate RSOs? How the heck did she ever come in contact with such a person as FH? I know someone might (wrongly) assume I am victim blaming, so I'll just get the jump on that right now and make it clear that I am most certainly not. No matter how she came to be in FH's company that night, she didn't deserve what happened to her. But finding out how she ended up in his company will go a long way toward uncovering who else was involved. And not for 1 second do I believe no one else was involved, and no one else knows any details.

moo
Totally agree with everything here.

Fredrick Hampton: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com
Snipped and bolded by me:

“was initially held on suspicion of kidnapping in the Birmingham City Jail” starting on December 28, 2019. However, he was released because authorities didn’t have enough evidence to charge him with that crime, the newspaper reported.

The appellate court case states: “He was sentenced to 20 years and six months’ imprisonment on both the rape and sodomy convictions. He received a sentence of two years’ imprisonment on the kidnapping conviction. He raises five issues on this appeal from those convictions.” However, the court reversed the kidnapping conviction, writing, “The appellant’s convictions for rape in the first degree and sodomy in the first degree are affirmed. The conviction for kidnapping in the second degree is reversed, and the cause is remanded for proceedings consistent with this opinion.”

I think FH is very familiar with kidnapping laws. He actually had that charge overturned on appeal.

We do know he was at the bar. The circumstances and how he came in contact with PH at the bar are still unknown; but I believe he is a sexual predator and an opportunity presented itself. Most people go to bars to drink, listen to music, play pool basically to socialize. If anything PH may have been drunk, separated from her group and an opportunistic predator saw this and took advantage of the situation. All this just MOO and speculation.

In response to Would LE have physically checked to see if FH actually lived at his last known address?

One would think they would check. A lost opportunity if not, perhaps they could have originally held him on that charge alone when they had him in custody on Dec. 28.
One registry showed the same address for him and (who I believe to be) his brother. So he could have his mail sent there and still reside at some other place. MOO

There are so many SOs... I don't know how LE would have time to make frequent checks on them all. If he's stayed out of trouble for the last 6 years, they may not have been too concerned about him.

One registry showed the same address for him and (who I believe to be) his brother. So he could have his mail sent there and still reside at some other place. MOO

There are so many SOs... I don't know how LE would have time to make frequent checks on them all. If he's stayed out of trouble for the last 6 years, they may not have been too concerned about him.
https://nypost.com/2020/01/17/paigh...convicted-rapist-accused-of-burying-her-body/
Snipped Bolded
Hampton is also accused of an offense that violated the state’s sex offender notification act but Agee did not specify what that violation was, according to the report.

The suspect was in compliance with the notification act prior to Houston’s disappearance and subsequent death, Agee told reporters.

I guess I will be forced to look up what violates this act. It could just be leaving the state but curios if that is the case why with-hold that when questioned.

ETA: He has not stayed out of trouble for the last six years but will have to find link to back up my statement

Hampton was previously convicted on rape and sodomy charges in the first degree in 1992, according to AL.com. He served over 20 years in prison before his release in March 2012. He was also charged with kidnapping, but it was later dismissed.

Shortly after he completed his time, he was arrested for failing to provide his new address to authorities, a legal requirement for convicted sex offenders. He entered a guilty plea in September 2012 and was dealt a two-year suspended sentence. Link below
Convicted Rapist Wanted In Connection To Death Of Woman Who Vanished After Leaving Bar With 2 Men

Last edited:
Snipped and bolded from quoted link:
Fredrick Hampton is wanted in JEFFERSON COUNTY on felony warrants charging him with Abuse of a Corpse and Violation of the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act.
Wanted as of 01/15/2020

Felony warrants plural, what exactly is violation of the sex offender registration and notification act? I know a failure to report a correct address is but what are other offenses?

ETA: and of course leaving the State and being on the run

View attachment 226829

Yes, being an absconded SO.

I think he's on the run for far more than being charged with abuse of a corpse imo.

https://nypost.com/2020/01/17/paigh...convicted-rapist-accused-of-burying-her-body/
Snipped Bolded
Hampton is also accused of an offense that violated the state’s sex offender notification act but Agee did not specify what that violation was, according to the report.

The suspect was in compliance with the notification act prior to Houston’s disappearance and subsequent death, Agee told reporters.

I guess I will be forced to look up what violates this act. It could just be leaving the state but curios if that is the case why with-hold that when questioned.

ETA: He has not stayed out of trouble for the last six years but will have to find link to back up my statement
He got in trouble as soon as he got out for failure to register and got 2 yrs probation, IIRC. But since then, I haven't seen anything else.

He got in trouble as soon as he got out for failure to register and got 2 yrs probation, IIRC. But since then, I haven't seen anything else.
Thanks for that, I attached link to that violation

Convicted Rapist Wanted In Connection To Death Of Woman Who Vanished After Leaving Bar With 2 Men

Hampton was previously convicted on rape and sodomy charges in the first degree in 1992, according to AL.com. He served over 20 years in prison before his release in March 2012. He was also charged with kidnapping, but it was later dismissed.

Shortly after he completed his time, he was arrested for failing to provide his new address to authorities, a legal requirement for convicted sex offenders. He entered a guilty plea in September 2012 and was dealt a two-year suspended sentence.

I don’t think it will be long before he is caught. Even if he’s out of state, he’ll be back. Predators are creatures of habit. He’s comfortable around his type, even if it means being close to where he could get caught. Even if he fled to family or acquaintances he will almost assuredly already be paranoid about unlike minds turning him in. Yes, convicts learn from other convicts. Most of them have an ego problem, and almost all of them think they are smarter than the law. For most of them, it’s their Achilles heel. This dude is no rocket scientist. More likely than not, this schmuck knew in 2012, that his destiny was to die in prison. He’s been lucky, and he knows it. He will do something stupid, and be caught. Not go down in a hail of gunfire stupid, just something pathetically stupid.

I don’t think it will be long before he is caught. Even if he’s out of state, he’ll be back. Predators are creatures of habit. He’s comfortable around his type, even if it means being close to where he could get caught. Even if he fled to family or acquaintances he will almost assuredly already be paranoid about unlike minds turning him in. Yes, convicts learn from other convicts. Most of them have an ego problem, and almost all of them think they are smarter than the law. For most of them, it’s their Achilles heel. This dude is no rocket scientist. More likely than not, this schmuck knew in 2012, that his destiny was to die in prison. He’s been lucky, and he knows it. He will do something stupid, and be caught. Not go down in a hail of gunfire stupid, just something pathetically stupid.
Fingers crossed he will be captured soon.
Seemed pretty quick in my opinion that he was brought in so early into the investigation on KIDNAPPING charges. I am sure many SO's were looked at/brought in for questioning but we do know they attempted to charge this ONE with Kidnapping.

According to DA Washington …. both were at Tin Roof any prior connection to victim with suspect is unknown.

It is also telling how the DA Washington states in her early morning show interview and the facebook live after show that they have evidence for the charges of tampering with a corpse. Pretty bold statement.

I am reader and sometimes avoid the videos but All three videos worth watching IMO:
Jefferson Co. district attorney asks for tips as search continues for suspect in Paighton Houston case

Edited for typo and to ChuckinHouston agree with your post

I wonder if LE used a trumped up charge of kidnapping to detain FH or was there really some evidence that she was held against her will at that time but not enough to charge him. It's obvious they were on to him long before her body was found. I said early on that LE probably had a poi & all they had to do is identify associates that would know where he would bury someone or search relatives properties for suspicious activity.

I agree but he was in compliance with the SO registry (maybe). Does AL accept mailing addresses as proof of residency for SOs?
It was stated he in the article below he was in compliance at the time of PH disappearance.
In my search to what the rules actually entail, it seems Alabama has/had some of most stringent in the nation but were loosened in 2019 in terms to valid drivers license indicating SO status and internet restrictions. I would hope a P.O. address would be unacceptable....still reading.

Judge rules parts of Alabama sex offender statute unconstitutional

Wow Early Releasing 31 inmates today. Hope that means they now have a bed opened for FH.

Jefferson County Sheriff's Office
Bed opened for him YES a garden bed in someone's backyard would suit me fine or a small hole in front of the Sheriff's office
IMO

ETA: original poster deleted when they discovered wrong State but my opinion above still stands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia