Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a link to the reporters tweet about 2 houses she took pics of.
"Authorities say they believe Paighton Houston died in a house on McClain Street. One of these is his last know address which I photographed a couple weeks ago and the other neighbors said police also searched.:
carol robinson on Twitter

One of our sleuthers found the top one on McClain, which I assumed was the house the neighbors said was searched and where she died. Maybe I need to re-think my assumptions. IIRC, one of the houses next to it housed SOs.

The bottom one I assumed was where he lived. However, I have yet to be able to find a house on 12th Ave S that looks like that one.

Would LE have physically checked to see if FH actually lived at his last known address?

In response to Would LE have physically checked to see if FH actually lived at his last known address?

One would think they would check. A lost opportunity if not, perhaps they could have originally held him on that charge alone when they had him in custody on Dec. 28.

As a convicted sexual offender, FH is required to be listed on the SO Register and bound by multiple policies. They have 3 days to report change of address and failing to do so is a crime (FH violation 2012).

In Alabama -- each year, during the offender's birth month and every three months thereafter, the offender must report in person to local law enforcement for registration. The local law enforcement agency submits the completed registration information to ALEA for verification along with a current photograph and fingerprints.

LE reported he was current and/or in compliance with SOR when detained Dec 28, 2019.

Sex Offender Registry | Alabama Law Enforcement Agency

ETA: Not surprised at the high concentration of SO in Brighton due to the restriction of where SO's can live. Life in a fishbowl - making it a community. MOO

Snipped and bolded from quoted link:
Fredrick Hampton is wanted in JEFFERSON COUNTY on felony warrants charging him with Abuse of a Corpse and Violation of the Sex Offender Registration and Notification Act.
Wanted as of 01/15/2020

Felony warrants plural, what exactly is violation of the sex offender registration and notification act? I know a failure to report a correct address is but what are other offenses?

ETA: and of course leaving the State and being on the run

View attachment 226829

I am so pleased to see the thread on track about whom we should be talking about. :)

I agree they would withhold any known connection at this point.

Better to question the suspect and see what they say or deny.

Many criminals have been caught in their own lies.
I watch enough ID to know LE waits for and listens for the lies in who they are questioning because people lie for a reason, LE wants to know the reason. Once they catch the lie, they know they’ve got the right person or can put them on the ropes to get to the right person. Lies are just as important an investigative tool as the truth. IMO

I would think that would depend on who is searching for him and what resources they have available to them. I don’t think there is anyway to guess because we don’t know how long he’s been on the run and what information authorities already have.
I also don’t think he’s that smart. He has spent 20+ years in prison. Not all that much time on the streets for him to get too savvy on how to elude authorities. Would also hope that not every single family member would harbor a fugitive. My guess would be that it won’t be long now before they have him in custody. Moo

Problem is, 20 years in prison gives him 20 years around other criminals and they call it 'Criminal University' for a reason. They all talk about their crimes and how they got caught and what they'd do differently next time.

Perhaps most important, they make lots of connections with other deviants who will help hide them out in times like this.

If the co-worker is innocent, which totally appears to be the case, imo, I feel really, really badly for her. Not only has she lost a friend, and may feel some guilt for letting her go, being asleep when she texted, etc., but now she has to deal with all the other BS. It’s really really sad, moo.
ETA: I have a new name for Facebook: Slanderbook.
BBM
To me I don't think we have enough information to know if she actually is innocent.
We still know nothing about what happened that night. I also think it's very telling that LE hasn't publicly exonerated her. No, they wouldn't automatically do so. But given the fact that she was harassed to the point that she had to lawyer up, I'd think they might have.

Wait...you think he would bury her in broad daylight?
I don't think it made much difference at that location. Back garden site was not visible from the street and that yard was a mess. The allegation was PH was wrapped in a sheet and buried in a shallow grave. I wouldn't be surprised if the suspect used a former pre-dug fire pit for the grave. MOO

The more I look around on those links posted, the more I wonder exactly what in the Sam Hill PH was doing with FH (and whoever else was there, at those houses mentioned) that night.

Did she know him? Did she know about his past? Who else was there? Is that person, the person who knew FH and his merry band of degenerate RSOs? How the heck did she ever come in contact with such a person as FH? I know someone might (wrongly) assume I am victim blaming, so I'll just get the jump on that right now and make it clear that I am most certainly not. No matter how she came to be in FH's company that night, she didn't deserve what happened to her. But finding out how she ended up in his company will go a long way toward uncovering who else was involved. And not for 1 second do I believe no one else was involved, and no one else knows any details.

moo
Drugs brought them together...somehow. PH might not have even been doing drugs. Maybe one of the co-workers was buying from him and something went really wrong.
I just don't see any other plausible way that their path's could have crossed.

If the co-worker is innocent, which totally appears to be the case, imo, I feel really, really badly for her. Not only has she lost a friend, and may feel some guilt for letting her go, being asleep when she texted, etc., but now she has to deal with all the other BS. It’s really really sad, moo.

ETA: I have a new name for Facebook: Slanderbook.

Yes, the coworker(s) is/are not yet a part of this case, it seems, as an important witness(es), according to her Criminal Defense Attorney, who was hired for one of them to facilitate all communication between his client and Law Enforcement. I have heard snips of different takes here or there, but never went digging around, because the truth will come out in the end, one way or the other.

I would rather stand behind Charlaine Houston, and hope those involved with her daughter that night, all the co workers involved or not involved, but know something from speaking to the others, or in association, will tell the truth, which the mother insists they are not. Hopes that all involved will tell her the truth, that had any sort of friendship.

I will continue to remain pro Charlaine and silent on names, guilt, and continue to connect my own dots with what makes sense, from what LE has given us, MSM has shared, and what Paighton has given us, and what side dishes served, not really a factor yet, until LE can speak to a suspect and connect all dots, either leading to others involved, and others not involved. Hopefully some sense comes from all this, and Charlaine who had to bury her dead daughter receive all truth and closure, by the end of this messy and difficult investigation.

It makes me suspect, of others, simply because LE has not come out and stood for their star witnesses, clearing them of any wrong doing today, tomorrow, or the future, in regards to having no wrongdoing or guilt, in any way, in regards, to the death of Paighton Houston. What is stopping them from doing so? A great opportunity to clear those being slandered on SM or whatever is occurring on SM, is to publicly clear them. LE said not to sleuth or have court on SM in regards to FH on SM or the case of Paighton Houston.

This case is strange and imo, when people suspected by SM come forth and speak to public, and they present as good, caring, and honest citizens, adjacent to being empathetic, mindful of others, kind, open, and honest, this is what I have factually seen stop 98% of pre judgement and false accusations, in many cases. Even on this board, people where judging JA left and right, the ex boyfriend to Mark Latunski. The boyfriend went to media, did not bash the people, said he had death threats, but it was the mindful and respectful manner JA presented, the kind and thoughtful words to the victims family, and all involved, that swept all the blame, by mere association, as if a tsunami swept through the blame and slander. If LE doesn't clear you, then imo, doing as JA did in the Latunski case will do a person better than hiding in silence behind a Criminal Defense Attorney who is calling out others with names. People who make trouble for no justifiable reasons or causes will not be silence by a Criminal Defense Attorney attacking back, imo.

BBM
To me I don't think we have enough information to know if she actually is innocent.
We still know nothing about what happened that night. I also think it's very telling that LE hasn't publicly exonerated her. No, they wouldn't automatically do so. But given the fact that she was harassed to the point that she had to lawyer up, I'd think they might have.

Drugs brought them together...somehow. PH might not have even been doing drugs. Maybe one of the co-workers was buying from him and something went really wrong.
I just don't see any other plausible way that their path's could have crossed.

I think it's plausible to consider how PH, the older and experienced member of the group (according to the witness's attorney description of his client) was either asked or offered to be the person to score a substance that FH or his associates were offering. I think it's equally plausible to consider how others might scrutinize one making a request from one in recovery -- or even accepting an offer to do so.

MOO

So much doesn't add up.

It appears PH left the bar willingly, yet FH was held on kidnapping allegations for 2 days. MOO, they suspected him, snatched him up, and so he wouldn't run, but had to let him go due to lack of evidence of kidnapping.

PH had no trauma that would have led to her death. Well, just what could have led to her death then? Suffocation? Not what I suspect. MOO, drug overdose, either forced upon her, or willful.

FH is reported to have been with her 12/20, and 12/21. FH is believed to have buried her, if you want to call it that, hence, the abuse of corpse charges.

But LE hasn't said FH did anything else, no allegations of anything else. So, there's not much to go on with that, other than speculation.

I'm pretty sure from what I've read, that PH was at that bar, and she walked out of there on her own accord, without appearing to be dragged/kidnapped in any way. And it appears she didn't die from blunt force trauma, or strangulation, or by firearm, or knife.

What's left to speculate upon regarding her death? Heart attack? That's entirely possible. Some other health issue unrelated to drugs at all? Also very possible. With PH it's tempting to go down the OD road, but that's not necessarily her COD. I guess time will tell.

My fear is, as time marches on, the elusive FH may be either dead, or at a minimum, prove more difficult to track down and capture.

The other item that may, and I speculate, MAY be in play here, is gang related activity, and/or gang member involvement. This alone could be enough to account for some things that don't make sense in terms of witness/friend conflicting stories, confusion about the events of that night, public exoneration by police, and even FH's disappearance.

I think it's plausible to consider how PH, the older and experienced member of the group (according to the witness's attorney description of his client) was either asked or offered to be the person to score a substance that FH or his associates were offering. I think it's equally plausible to consider how others might scrutinize one making a request from one in recovery -- or even accepting an offer to do so.

MOO

Bingo.

I would rather stand behind Charlaine Houston, and hope those involved with her daughter that night, all the co workers involved or not involved, but know something from speaking to the others, or in association, will tell the truth, which the mother insists they are not. Hopes that all involved will tell her the truth, that had any sort of friendship.

I will continue to remain pro Charlaine and silent on names, guilt,
^^sbm

I too will stand behind PH's mom in her time of grief and sorry after losing her beloved daughter way too soon. However, I'm not believing all that she's offering in any FB group (republished in MSM) as fact because simply because it's what she believes in her broken heart. Case facts must always come from LE. In some ways, I think she's being exploited in these groups. I also hope that FB environment is aware of the stages of grief and will continue to support her in the months if not years to come. Continued wishes for peace and comfort for PH's family, friends, and community. MOO

The 7 stages of grief
  • Shock and denial. This is a state of disbelief and numbed feelings.
  • Pain and guilt. ...
  • Anger and bargaining. ...
  • Depression. ...
  • The upward turn. ...
  • Reconstruction and working through. ...
  • Acceptance and hope.

I agree with those who say the common denominator between PH and FH was drugs of some type. Not necessarily that she would use them but that she may have been facilitator. For who, who knows.

There a not too many other reasons why someone from her world would be in the part of town she was in that is notorious for drugs and crime. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia