Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish we knew when FH skipped town.
He was taken in Sat 12/28 and released Mon 12/30.
Tip came in and they searched at least 2 locations Thursday 1/2
PH body discovered Friday 1/3.

Hmmm

I know this was discussed way back and not sure if we ever determined an answer. But could a guilty party call in a tip themselves and receive the reward money? Could this be why LE hopes he turns himself in (for the money) and “may come back” (for the money)?

Or maybe it was someone close to him that gave him a 2 day jumpstart out of dodge?

JMO

Hmmm

I know this was discussed way back and not sure if we ever determined an answer. But could a guilty party call in a tip themselves and receive the reward money? Could this be why LE hopes he turns himself in (for the money) and “may come back” (for the money)?

Or maybe it was someone close to him that gave him a 2 day jumpstart out of dodge?

JMO

Since crimestoppers says they are completely anonymous, I think it is possible someone guilty could collect. According to the link below, money is collected by going to a certain bank at a certain date and time and collecting cash. Despite knowing it is anonymous, how brazen would one have to be to show up in person to a bank to collect a reward for a crime one committed? I could see an accomplice or family member being put up to it though...

How It Works | Crimestoppers GNO

Who is JA?
Ex boyfriend or spouse (not sure if legally married), of a murderer, who was being suspected here and judged and was never named a POI, suspect, or mere witness, so I am certain SM was on fire! But, I saw it occur with my own eyes, after he conducted a public statement, which was imo full of compassion, honesty, and empathy for all involved, especially for the victim and the victim's family, the tide here alone turned 180 around back onto the murderer alone. The same with Scott Peterson's affair partner, who had much more to fear than any of these witnesses with the public opinion, came forward, spoke without a criminal defense attorney to facilitate between her and the police, and spoke publicly to clear her name and stand for the victim 100%.

I am keeping my position of certain behaviors, timelines, stories being suspect, all my opinion and opinion alone, and this does not make them a suspect or POI, but they are a part of a possible murder case and definitively a death case. There is still much to learn and LE is keeping all cards close to chests.

Since crimestoppers says they are completely anonymous, I think it is possible someone guilty could collect. According to the link below, money is collected by going to a certain bank at a certain date and time and collecting cash. Despite knowing it is anonymous, how brazen would one have to be to show up in person to a bank to collect a reward for a crime one committed? I could see an accomplice or family member being put up to it though...

the link isn't for alabama. it is for louisiana. maybe it is the same for all states?

Nothing is anonymous with paper trails, monies transferred from one bank to another bank, 2 IDs and thumbprint required likely to cash, so perhaps anonymous to public outing, even if collection turns into an arrest, later on, after connecting the dots. I wonder what the small print not underlined in the plenty of corp papers. I do not see them paying a criminal or their associate in a crime of a serious nature or robbery, money for tips, collecting and cashing is not anonymous, imo. They may not publicly out you for the tip. But they would arrest before pay or at place of cashing payment, if they were suspected.

Someone could have been at the McClain house doing drugs with them, witnessed PH OD, and be aware the FH took her to Hueytown and buried her, without the eye witness having committed any crime.

MOO. I’m leaning towards a possible OD or accidental death with FH being present, then trying to hide her body to avoid LE and possibly going back to prison. Whether my speculation is right or wrong, Paighton didn’t deserve to leave the world this way & I think of her family often.

the link isn't for alabama. it is for louisiana. maybe it is the same for all states?
Sorry! This one is AL. They don't break it down so specifically but have the same anonymous call system it appears and indicate there is a private way to obtain the reward (yet many don't claim it according to this site).

Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama

Nothing is anonymous with paper trails, monies transferred from one bank to another bank, 2 IDs and thumbprint required likely to cash, so perhaps anonymous to public outing, even if collection turns into an arrest, later on, after connecting the dots. I wonder what the small print not underlined in the plenty of corp papers. I do not see them paying a criminal or their associate in a crime of a serious nature or robbery, money for tips, collecting and cashing is not anonymous, imo. They may not publicly out you for the tip. But they would arrest before pay or at place of cashing payment, if they were suspected.
The website seems pretty emphatic in guaranteeing anonymity. I don't think the program would function for very long if it became known that the anonymity they guarantee is a lie--that's one of the major selling points of the entire program, being able to provide reluctant people who possess vital information the venue to give a tip without fear of retribution or being outed.

Hmmm

JMO
Huh? What do you think the caller guilty of? It's alleged that FH buried PH on property that he's connected to.

Personally, I'm not anticipating any manslaughter charges. If anything, I believe there may be additional charges filed against FH upon final toxicology results.

MOO

I know that a lot of people are leaning heavily towards believing this will end up being a case of PH COD being accidental OD. Which leads me to a question for anyone that’s familiar with heroin addiction.

Would it be considered the “norm” to actually use with someone considered a dealer? Or would the norm be to make the purchase and use when you were back in your “comfort zone”. I know the answer is probably somewhat circumstantial, so please keep in mind that PH wasn’t homeless, wasn’t from the area, and apparently didn’t have an extensive background with FH (that assumption is based on LE stating they’re unsure of any connection prior to being at the TR)

Just looking for insight into the heroin world. I know it wouldn’t be the norm for several other types of drugs, but I also know each drug can have its own “cultural norm”

I know that a lot of people are leaning heavily towards believing this will end up being a case of PH COD being accidental OD. Which leads me to a question for anyone that’s familiar with heroin addiction.

Would it be considered the “norm” to actually use with someone considered a dealer? Or would the norm be to make the purchase and use when you were back in your “comfort zone”. I know the answer is probably somewhat circumstantial, so please keep in mind that PH wasn’t homeless, wasn’t from the area, and apparently didn’t have an extensive background with FH (that assumption is based on LE stating they’re unsure of any connection prior to being at the TR)

Just looking for insight into the heroin world. I know it wouldn’t be the norm for several other types of drugs, but I also know each drug can have its own “cultural norm”
Heroin users will often shoot up at their dealers place. But that is generally because many times they are experiencing some sort of withdrawal symptoms. That obviously wouldn't apply with PH. But at one point she was an addict, and it's quite possible that she simply is used to being in seedy environments.

I'm trying to figure out a scenario where an eye witness could have provided testimony that PH died on McClain, without that eye witness also being arrested. Now if they called LE immediately and said something like "this is what I saw" before she was even reported missing, then it makes sense they'd not be in jail - but not if they held out and withheld vital info from the investigation. I tend to lean more toward physical evidence, such as whatever "cloth" she was wrapped in. If it was a sheet, maybe the matching sheet (flat or fitted) was still at the house, and missing it's matching piece? Just speculating of course.
Didn't the DA say that they found the body because of a 'tip' that came in?

I'm wondering if that tip included an explanation----like 'I was at a party on McCain, a girl died and they took her to a relatives backyard in Hueytown, etc....?'

Huh? What do you think the caller guilty of? It's alleged that FH buried PH on property that he's connected to.

Personally, I'm not anticipating any manslaughter charges. If anything, I believe there may be additional charges filed against FH upon final toxicology results.

MOO
I was asking a general question as to wether a “guilty party” of any crime could make an anonymous call and receive the reward money.
My question was answered above by O/P thanks.

ETA: My post was more to point out the timing of when the tip call came in. And why LE thinks FH May return to Alabama. I find it interesting maybe coincidental the tip call came in shortly after FH was released from jail and not prior to or while he was being held.

Last edited:
I'm sure PH & FH left the TR together. Whether he held the door open for her is not important. They left around the same time & were together @ McClain Street. This was not a coincidence. As we ponder why she left with him, I would give even money the reason hasn't been opined yet. jmo

Heroin users will often shoot up at their dealers place. But that is generally because many times they are experiencing some sort of withdrawal symptoms. That obviously wouldn't apply with PH. But at one point she was an addict, and it's quite possible that she simply is used to being in seedy environments.

Thank you for that insight. Very appreciated.

I was asking yesterday for some background info on FH. Do we know he is a known heroin dealer? So far only thing I really know is he has several names and is a convicted rapist.

I was asking yesterday for some background info on FH. Do we know he is a known heroin dealer? So far only thing I really know is he has several names and is a convicted rapist.
There has been nothing from either LE or MSM indicating FH is a dealer or user at all. I believe this is all speculation and/or unsubstantiated rumor.

I'm sure PH & FH left the TR together. Whether he held the door open for her is not important. They left around the same time & were together @ McClain Street. This was not a coincidence. As we ponder why she left with him, I would give even money the reason hasn't been opined yet. jmo
BBM- Care to share your thoughts?

Last edited:
Listening back to Lynneice Washington's interview, trying to understand the connotation of her statements in context,
Paighton Houston death investigation update
her appeal to the public to call in tips to hold people accountable for PH's untimely demise sounds like LE thinks PH was not responsible for her own death. Apparently they need tips because maybe they don't think the toxicology report will tell the whole story. She said there could be additional charges for FH and possibly others. MOO, therefore I believe she is primary asking for tips associated with the McClain St location or from anyone that might have witnessed the abduction if one occurred. If taken out of context her statements could obviously have much broader meanings. (More experienced WS'ers may know if reading between the lines like this is futile.)
Aside: It seems like they had some discussion off camera before the interview. Art Franklin seems to remind her of a couple of points toward the end of the interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member