Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ITA so I am wondering why then so many believe it was the temptation of a recovering heroin addict that prevailed in this case over the temptation of a rapist?
Why then have I learned everything I thought I could possibly ever want to know about heroin users, dealers, and donators in this case and very little about the actions, crimes, and laws pertaining to a rapist?
Why would you think PH would willingly go with FH anywhere? From what LE has said, she willingly was with FH. She wasn’t kidnapped or forced according to media. So why would she go with him so he is given the chance to rape her? Plus, we don’t know right now if he raped her. What LE is saying FH is wanted for is abuse of a corpse for burying her, not raping her. Even though he is a rapist. FWIW

Why would you think PH would willingly go with FH anywhere? From what LE has said, she willingly was with FH. She wasn’t kidnapped or forced according to media. So why would she go with him so he is given the chance to rape her? Plus, we don’t know right now if he raped her. What LE is saying FH is wanted for is abuse of a corpse for burying her, not raping her. Even though he is a rapist. FWIW
Well #1 since there has been no indication they ever knew each other before the bar I would say PH had no idea she was leaving with a rapist.
I really don’t know why she left with him. There have been many possible scenarios discussed. A wild guess for me (without bringing a possible third party into the mix) would be a ride to her car.
One thing is for sure and that was she didn’t sense a danger being in his company till she eventually did. And I just don’t believe that increasingly uncomfortable feeling she was getting being with this stranger had anything to do with drugs. I am also aware LE has not mentioned FH raped PH. They too have also not mentioned either party did drugs that night. Moo

Well #1 since there has been no indication they ever knew each other before the bar I would say PH had no idea she was leaving with a rapist.
I really don’t know why she left with him. There have been many possible scenarios discussed. A wild guess for me (without bringing a possible third party into the mix) would be a ride to her car.
One thing is for sure and that was she didn’t sense a danger being in his company till she eventually did. And I just don’t believe that increasingly uncomfortable feeling she was getting being with this stranger had anything to do with drugs. I am also aware LE has not mentioned FH raped PH. They too have also not mentioned either party did drugs that night. Moo
I don't think it's a coincidence they ended up at a known crack house in a terrible part of town. If she only wanted a ride to her car from this dude, she should have sent a far more panicked text when 15-30 mins later she ended up at a crack house instead of her car. Let's also be real here, this would have been an odd couple at best. He's much older than PH and a recently released violent rapist. I don't see them hitting it off and deciding to get coffee. IMO, theories that he spiked PH's drink and raped her are mostly floating around because people don't want to believe the sweet-looking white girl was actually a hard drug user who made terrible life decisions.

Of course no one said they knew each other before or that she knew he was a rapist. I was asking what your thought was on why she would leave TRB with him.
Drugs come up because she was in a crack house in Brighton and buried in a ghetto neighborhood in Hueytown. She was a recovering addict. It goes to her motive for where she found herself were she did. IMO

Last edited:
I don’t think they are. He’s probably in a data base in case some LE eventually runs in to him. The days of John Dillinger, Bonnie & Clyde as Public Enemy #1 is over. IMO

I think if I were a cop reading here, I'd be privately shooting both you and @Talullah the stink eye. ;) I think we've all followed enough cases that we can agree that most of the time, we have absolutely NO idea what the lead investigative agency is actually doing. The less they tell the public, the more frustrating it tends to be, and it appears as if they're not doing much at all. Then... months or years later when we're all following the trial and the prosecution opens with their statement we're all sitting here going :eek: because we had NO IDEA they knew this, had that evidence, followed that suspect, or whatever the case may be. They lay it out layer by layer of all the work that was done to uncover all the evidence they have, and how complicated (or easy, in some cases) it was, who helped, and how. It's usually pretty stinking impressive all the work done behind the scenes, to catch the degenerate piece of trash that is now on trial. And most of it, most of the time, was never mentioned in the early stages of the case, like what we're at now, with PH's case. Yes, I think LE has a ton more info than what they're sharing with the public, and I do think FH will be located, arrested and that there will be other arrests as well.

moo. (and the stink eye was in jest, lest anyone think I'm really being creepy, which I'm not) :p

ITA so I am wondering why then so many believe it was the temptation of a recovering heroin addict that prevailed in this case over the temptation of a rapist?
Why then have I learned everything I thought I could possibly ever want to know about heroin users, dealers, and donators in this case and very little about the actions, crimes, and laws pertaining to a rapist?

That's an excellent question. Sadly, in this case, since we know so little and what we do know is so tempting to lay blame on (either PH's addiction issues or PH's criminal past) it's entirely possible it was the perfect, terrible storm of both.

OR... it was neither, and that's why LE is so silent, while they continue to investigate everyone who was there that night.

Of course no one said they knew each other before or that she knew he was a rapist. I was asking what your thought was on why she would leave TRB with him.
Drugs come up because she was in a crack house in Brighton and buried in a ghetto neighborhood in Hueytown. She was a recovering addict. It goes to her motive for where she found herself were she did. IMO

Truth is, we actually don't know if she knew him previously or not. It's entirely possible she did actually know him, or know of him. Entirely possible he was a friend of a friend, or a relative of a friend, or some other casual acquaintance. I think we all have people like this in our lives that we know, or know of, but that really aren't in our comfortable circle of people we'd immediately name if asked about the people we know. I just can't write off the idea that she knew him from somewhere, until LE comes out and says they had no prior contact or knowledge of each other, before that night.

I think if I were a cop reading here, I'd be privately shooting both you and @Talullah the stink eye. ;) I think we've all followed enough cases that we can agree that most of the time, we have absolutely NO idea what the lead investigative agency is actually doing. The less they tell the public, the more frustrating it tends to be, and it appears as if they're not doing much at all. Then... months or years later when we're all following the trial and the prosecution opens with their statement we're all sitting here going :eek: because we had NO IDEA they knew this, had that evidence, followed that suspect, or whatever the case may be. They lay it out layer by layer of all the work that was done to uncover all the evidence they have, and how complicated (or easy, in some cases) it was, who helped, and how. It's usually pretty stinking impressive all the work done behind the scenes, to catch the degenerate piece of trash that is now on trial. And most of it, most of the time, was never mentioned in the early stages of the case, like what we're at now, with PH's case. Yes, I think LE has a ton more info than what they're sharing with the public, and I do think FH will be located, arrested and that there will be other arrests as well.

moo. (and the stink eye was in jest, lest anyone think I'm really being creepy, which I'm not) :p

I had thought about this topic, because of this case and other more notorious serial killer cases, example being the Gilgo Beach serial killer, and the frustration of seemingly little output and forthcoming from LE or statements from eyewitnesses, so on and so forth.

My conclusion is the Green River Task Force had always been so forthcoming down to every last detail found at every crime scene. The task force opened up an extremely detailed website with interactive boards, plenty of pictures, info on each girl missing and those found, identified or unidentified. Lengthy scenerios and opinions about the GRK. This site was out for years until he was discovered.

My belief is this spoiled people, lol, not kidding, the more info given to the public, imo, the more likely the message will come across to someone, previously unaware of the crime, and re jog potential leads, that without details, the leads would never have come about in existence, to solve the crime.

Except we don't really know yet if it was his company she felt the danger about. We still don't know for sure who else was in the house, or in the very same room with her, when she sent that text. It's possible FH wasn't even there, and just moved her later to his relative's house because it was an obvious place to hide a dead person - being abandoned and all.

I'm not married to any of these speculations but there's so much we don't know, that we sort of have to consider some really off the wall possibilities.

I had thought about this topic, because of this case and other more notorious serial killer cases, example being the Gilgo Beach serial killer, and the frustration of seemingly little output and forthcoming from LE or statements from eyewitnesses, so on and so forth.

My conclusion is the Green River Task Force had always been so forthcoming down to every last detail found at every crime scene. The task force opened up an extremely detailed website with interactive boards, plenty of pictures, info on each girl missing and those found, identified or unidentified. Lengthy scenerios and opinions about the GRK. This site was out for years until he was discovered.

My belief is this spoiled people, lol, not kidding, the more info given to the public, imo, the more likely the message will come across to someone, previously unaware of the crime, and re jog potential leads, that without details, the leads would never have come about in existence, to solve the crime.

Sure some LE agencies are far more forthcoming than others, but every case is different, every investigation has it's own set of complications and we all know there's a LOT that LE will not reveal, due to the integrity of the investigation. Some can, and some will, but that is not always the case.

I don't think it's a coincidence they ended up at a known crack house in a terrible part of town. If she only wanted a ride to her car from this dude, she should have sent a far more panicked text when 15-30 mins later she ended up at a crack house instead of her car. Let's also be real here, this would have been an odd couple at best. He's much older than PH and a recently released violent rapist. I don't see them hitting it off and deciding to get coffee. IMO, theories that he spiked PH's drink and raped her are mostly floating around because people don't want to believe the sweet-looking white girl was actually a hard drug user who made terrible life decisions.

Was Paighton a crack addict? Or crack head? Isn't meth the new crack and it is undeniable in user's looks, could morph a beauty queen into a gargolyle, imo.

I disagree, totally, Paighton has been scrutinized plenty here about her drug use, fairly, unfairly, ugly, and some nice. Drug use and sweet looking? Not all drug users are creepy eyed killers or terrible in personality and character. For a known past heroin addict, Paighton, has quite a good reputation, and nothing about her reputation has been shredded by any enemies, that I am aware of.

Don’t start yelling at me, but I could have swore I seen in one msm that they knew/talked prior to her going missing. Does anyone remember this? I could be wrong confused obviously, I’m still looking for the msm I thought I seen it in.

Maybe at the bar that night he seemed to be a fun, nice, charming guy as I am sure he was trying to portray himself that way. Maybe after an evening of hanging out with him she thought it wasn't a big deal for him to drive her to her car. Who knows. I made some terrible choices in my younger years and just got lucky I didn't come across someone like this.

Was Paighton a crack addict? Or crack head? Isn't meth the new crack and it is undeniable in user's looks, could morph a beauty queen into a gargolyle, imo.

I disagree, totally, Paighton has been scrutinized plenty here about her drug use, fairly, unfairly, ugly, and some nice. Drug use and sweet looking? Not all drug users are creepy eyed killers or terrible in personality and character. For a known past heroin addict, Paighton, has quite a good reputation, and nothing about her reputation has been shredded by any enemies, that I am aware of.

just like a pair of pants, addicts come in many shapes, sizes, colors, personalities etc.
Not saying PH was still using.
But even beautiful people can be addicted and not have bad reps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot