Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck,
A couple of things. I've seen 3 am used several times. Is there any msm link for this? Also, If PH didn't leave with FH for drugs, what is your theory for why she would leave her friends to go with him?

I haven't seen confirmation that PH actually left with FH. I don't believe I have seen verified link stating time of death. That would be in coroner's report.

Heck,

I haven't seen confirmation that PH actually left with FH. I don't believe I have seen verified link stating time of death. That would be in coroner's report.

At the presser the sheriff said PH & FH were together at the TR & there was no force used when she left. I will look at the presser again for exact words.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

I personally wouldn't bury my own dog unless I got medical confirmation she was dead, let alone a human being...that was not his call to make. If it was your loved one who ended up buried in a backyard after sending a distressing text and going missing you, you might feel differently.
(My opinion only, which is that of a 36 year old female.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think this may be a typo and should have said “no”.

This is a typo at the 1:37 mark in the press conference he clearly states "What we know is that NO physical trauma to the body of the victim could have led to her death"

No not Now!

That is not what they said. The word "now" should be "no"...AJC also misspelled Fredrick...just saying.

Oh Good Lord. That is messed up. What a bad typo. I was like WTH.

I have a question for those of you that are familiar with the inner workings of the legal system.

I’m assuming that there would have had to have been some level of probable cause in order for LE to have held FH for 48 hours for suspected kidnapping. My question is, what would constitute as probable cause in order to take such action? I assume it would have to be more than just the fact that he was at the bar with PH earlier in the evening and that she may have left with him?

If it was your loved one who ended up buried in a backyard after sending a distressing text and going missing you, you might feel differently.
(My opinion only, which is that of a 36 year old female.)
So you might rather have them dumped in a pond to have the animals eat their face off & some little kids who go fishing find the decayed body. Well, thats your call then. Sooo of his 3 choices he faced you figure, lets say they were doing drugs passed out & he wakes up & sees shes dead he should call in & be booked on murder charges & you’d then feel he wasn’t a Monster? Why would someone do that? That is why SOME states have passed laws allowing someone to call in and not face prosecution. MOST haven’t. Thats the legal system thats the monster for addicts in need.

there is no way FH worked at the TR. thats a nice place. He was a registered sex offender “supposedly” living in Brighton & Bessemer where unemployment is higher than areas in BHM. No way. Imo that makes no sense. Idk... but disnt she just OD & he dumped the body? Like i said my friend found 2 in Hueytown and there was never any hullabaloo imo... because they weren't white woman from Trussville. @TheExperience it was an OD & his crime thus far was dumping her body. Happens every day, sad to say.
I doubt he worked there although I thought about that for a minute. But we do know he was questioned before and released on suspicion of kidnapping.

With regards to the last text PH sent, I have just been up most of the night helping an alcoholic friend who can't get into detox until Tuesday. Anyway, she sent me a similar message. She was crashing at some guy's house, I went over there and asked her how she met him and she said facebook. She's at my house now so I can help her maintain until detox. "Trouble" can also refer to falling off, or at least that's my experience.
It's possible (and likely to me) MOO, that she was referring to relapsing.

No one is immune to relapsing, the girl I am with is a triathlete, and very smart. She ended up in some strangers house barely able to stand....it happens. Fortunately, although this guy seemed like a tweaker, nothing happened, I made sure to bring a male friend along after googling the address she sent me, just in case. I always roll with at least pepper spray, but these things can go south on a dime depending on the type of drugs/alcohol...meth is the absolute worst. I've had a bat swung at me by a meth addict seeing shadow people, and worse. I honestly really do hope she OD'd just because it would be the most peaceful way to go out of all the alternatives. I relapsed quite a few times, it isn't one time and done for most of us unfortunately.
I’m sorry if this is OT, and you probably know this but def don’t have her cold turkey it without a physician supervising, since alcohol detox can be deadly. Glad she is going to detox on Tuesday, and thank you for being such a good friend to her.

I have a question for those of you that are familiar with the inner workings of the legal system.

I’m assuming that there would have had to have been some level of probable cause in order for LE to have held FH for 48 hours for suspected kidnapping. My question is, what would constitute as probable cause in order to take such action? I assume it would have to be more than just the fact that he was at the bar with PH earlier in the evening and that she may have left with him?
Police can hold you for 24 hours if they suspect you if a crime while they dig up evidence. They can apply to have it longer if its a serious crime. I assume they held him because he was seen leaving with her, she had sent that text and was missing. Just a guess

Did we get confirmation she left with him? Last I heard from the DA she said they know PH left with someone. And she also said they didn’t know how many people PH left with.
She did confirm FH was at the bar but so were others PH knew.
Even if PH did leave with FH, because of the varying stories the DA just confirmed there have been, she could have left with FH and someone(s) she did know who in turn is the one who knows FH. Moo
Good question, I was pretty sure it was implied that they left together but now I recall it saying they were there (seen?) at the bar together. I guess we're just assuming she left with FH.

Skanky Lol, do u mean Rough looking?

Either works. Another poster, I forget which one since I've been out/away for a few hours, used the phrase "skanky." People seem flummoxed by a Nice Girl leaving willingly with a Bad Man.

Personally, based on his headshot alone, I think he looks pretty ordinary. Terrible record, but looks alone? I mean, we are treated to some pretty frightening mugs sleuthing...lol...

FH doesn't jump out at me based on his appearance. I don't see questioning why PH would leave with "a guy like that" We don't know how FH presents himself socially, we don't know if/how they knew one another, and if PH *was* with FH as a "date"? Well, hey. We don't know what kind of guy she was attracted to. She had obviously been through a lot. Maybe she preferred older guys, or guys who had a rough edge?

I'm sure FH didn't go around divulging the details of the 20 years, or if he did, he probably lied.

A couple of things. I've seen 3 am used several times. Is there any msm link for this? Also, If PH didn't leave with FH for drugs, what is your theory for why she would leave her friends to go with him?
The 3am comment was made yesterday, by someone who couldn't provide a link for it. It's never been stated at all in anything LE has released, or anything the MSM has published.

Good question, I was pretty sure it was implied that they left together but now I recall it saying they were there (seen?) at the bar together. I guess we're just assuming she left with FH.
I don’t think we have definite proof she left with him but I think LE had enough reason to believe she did thus why they questioned him. And apparently what they did know eventually led them to her body. I’d say that was pretty substantial.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

... Well what the heck was I thinking...He’s just a violent sex offender who gang raped and sodomized a woman, and buried PH’s body, but there hasn’t been much else that shows foul play here here?? Yeah we don’t have COD and tox yet, but last seen and buried by a violent sex offender? After she clearly texted she was in trouble, obviously sensing danger, which she was right about after all...Considering what we know about sex offenders like this, chances are high imo that this was a sexually motivated crime and any seasoned LE or profiler or forensic psychologist who has experience with these types of individuals will likely tell you that, moo. There’s a reason why criminal history is important. But we of course need PROOF which will come soon, one way or the other, hopefully.

Sure, there’s a chance she OD’d, but we are certainly not off base for making this leap or speculation, that based on his “horrendous” criminal history...Why are we talking about “horrendous crimes”? Because that’s EXACTLY what FH has committed in the past, “horrendous crimes”.

Additionally I find it interesting many people are inclined to still talk about the co-workers/friends as being involved here- the co-worker is not the one who buried her. She is not the violent gang rapist sex offender. Why is this guy getting so much benefit of the doubt? Do his charges and criminal past need to be spelled out for everyone in bold letters?? He’s a monster obviously! Sure innocent until proven guilty, would I convict at this point, no as we don’t have COD and tox, but I’m not sure why people are finding it so hard to grasp that this very well could be a sexual crime and outright murder. We have numerous cases where autopsy results are inconclusive, etc., though foul play is likely. Some people are making the focus of her addiction the main point here, as well as co-workers who have, at this point, NO CONNECTiON to him that we know of, etc., and while I think her drug history could be a potential factor and perhaps even part of puzzle here, the main thing here IMO is WHO IS THIS INDIVIDUAL that LE wants?? What have his prior actions shown that he is capable of? A woman died in his presence on his watch and is buried on land tied to him...

I have mentioned several times that there are several reasons someone may panic. It’s not like these theories are not getting an opportunity to be voiced because they are.

If he wasn’t a violent sex offender I would look at this case differently. It is perhaps prejudicial and biased, but that’s the whole reason there’s an RSO registry to begin with, so people know about these individuals, because they present a potential danger to society and anyone in their path, moo. Many of these RSOs reoffend. I need evidence contrary that he did not assault PH, not the other way around, and until then, based on what I know about individuals like this, he is not getting ANY benefit of the doubt from me, and I consider this opinion to come from a place of education and experience.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member