Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it's got me scratching my head. We speculated earlier on her dating preferences. I would rule out FH as a possibility. jmo
I'm curious if you are able to share why you're ruling out a black man as a dating preference? If you can't answer I understand, just curious. I wonder myself if she knew him from somewhere, and that's why she ended up with him at some point that night. It does seem unlikely she'd go off with an unknown man, 20 years her senior (even if she didn't know that, you can tell he's quite a bit older than her, just from his pic). But if she knew him from somewhere... friend of a friend kind of thing, then it makes more sense.

Isn’t it amazing, we still do not have a lot of facts. We know she went to TRB. We know she left with someone or several someone’s but we don’t know if it was willingly or not. According to PC, it wasn’t by force. We know she died but we don’t know how and we know she was buried and we know who the police believe did that. MOO

Speaking for myself only, the reason I’m sitting here scratching my head is because LE have stated no evidence of physical harm caused her death. So what then? Obviously it seems this ******* most liked sexually assaulted and murdered her, but then there would be evidence of physical harm no? Maybe not. Just sitting here confused until we get more info about cause of death.

The preliminary autopsy report was complete prior to PH body released for burial. I don't think Sheriff would have missed an opportunity to warn the public that the suspect was a dangerous person at large and the public needed to take all precautions (if PH sexually assaulted). No public warning was issued when he had the floor. I've little doubt that the cause of death will be related to an illicit substance. The manner of death is another subject... :eek:

Back to forensics. My point was, we may never know cause of death. Her body was buried for who knows how long? We don't know when she was buried, we only know when she was found.

Isn’t it amazing, we still do not have a lot of facts. We know she went to TRB. We know she left with someone or several someone’s but we don’t know if it was willingly or not. According to PC, it wasn’t by force. We know she died but we don’t know how and we know she was buried and we know who the police believe did that. MOO
I don't really find it "amazing" L.E has said right from the beginning, it is a complicated case. They have no need to release details to the press or to the public (unless they believe the public is in danger). LE's job is strictly to find evidence as to the person{s) responsible and turn it over to the D.A. By putting out too much info, they can jeopardize
their investigation. In our society, everybody want's instant gratification and news. In L.E, it doesn't work that way. MOO

Back to forensics. My point was, we may never know cause of death. Her body was buried for who knows how long? We don't know when she was buried, we only know when she was found.
I disagree the cause of death will not be determined. I think "no physical trauma that could lead to death" clearly says we are waiting for toxicology and final autopsy report. (i.e., PH body was not buried so long that investigators could determine there was no physical trauma to her body). MOO

I personally think that when he is found there will be more charges. I can’t say it’s a fact or that I know any more than anyone else or that the charges will be all his but I feel there will be more once he’s in custody. Just my opinion.

Speaking for myself only, the reason I’m sitting here scratching my head is because LE have stated no evidence of physical harm caused her death. So what then? Obviously it seems this ******* most liked sexually assaulted and murdered her, but then there would be evidence of physical harm no? Maybe not. Just sitting here confused until we get more info about cause of death.
BBM
Had he simply said that there was no evidence of physical harm...then physical violence could be ruled out. But by saying,"no evidence of physical harm caused her death", physical harm is still on the table...just none that led to her death. JMO

I don't really find it "amazing" L.E has said right from the beginning, it is a complicated case. They have no need to release details to the press or to the public (unless they believe the public is in danger). LE's job is strictly to find evidence as to the person{s) responsible and turn it over to the D.A. By putting out too much info, they can jeopardize
their investigation. In our society, everybody want's instant gratification and news. In L.E, it doesn't work that way. MOO
Well aware of that, having been on this forum for better than 8 years. My “amazing” was subjective. We have delved into just about every possible scenario in this case, all speculation except for these few facts. None of us know if we are close to the truth, or far from it. Pretty much each case is like this. LE holds a lot of information and facts to themselves so as not to jeopardize their cases, their work. That is a given.

I’m still wondering what makes this case so complicated. Now the Vallow/Ryan case is complicated. A whole string of dead bodies surrounding that case.

It seems like LE was on to FH from the beginning. Would be interesting to know how they got that information so quickly. And it could only have been a tip of some kind that led them to the house where she was buried.

My heart goes out to her parents. No matter how she died, they lost their daughter and their lives are forever changed. There are no do overs for that. IMO, MOO.

Last edited:
Well aware of that, having been on this forum for better than 6 8 years. My “amazing” was subjective. We have delved into just about every possible scenario in this case, all speculation except for these few facts. None of us know if we are close to the truth, or far from it. Pretty much each case is like this. LE holds a lot of information and facts to themselves so as not to jeopardize their cases, their work. That is a given.

I’m still wondering what makes this case so complicated. Now the Vallow/Ryan case is complicated. A whole string of dead bodies surrounding that case.

It seems like LE was on to FH from the beginning. Would be interesting to know how they got that information so quickly. And it could only have been a tip of some kind that led them to the house where she was buried.

My heart goes out to her parents. No matter how she died, they lost their daughter and their lives are forever changed. There are no do overs for that. IMO, MOO.
Totally agree. I wasn't suggesting your post was wrong, only that in THIS case that is how L.E is going about it. It is a puzzling case.

Totally agree. I wasn't suggesting your post was wrong, only that in THIS case that is how L.E is going about it. It is a puzzling case.
I appreciate that.

After a case is over and we find out what LE knew and how they came about it, I am always amazed at how thorough they are and how on top of things they are, even when it looked like they weren’t doing anything. I am fascinated by it. I guess that’s why I’m here. IMO

I appreciate that.

After a case is over and we find out what LE knew and how they came about it, I am always amazed at how thorough they are and how on top of things they are, even when it looked like they weren’t doing anything. I am fascinated by it. I guess that’s why I’m here. IMO
Thats why we are all here! Lol
Edited to add that I wanted to be an investigator but didn’t want to put in the time as a police officer first. My husband says I’m the best detective he knows he can do nothing without me finding out. And I mean nothing! I can out sleuth the best of them if I think I need to. Haha

Last edited:
If tox reports eventually show drugs in her system, it still doesn’t tell us whether she took them herself or she was forced in some way or someone else administered them to her. Oh yeh, I see more charges being brought later. IMO

I'm curious if you are able to share why you're ruling out a black man as a dating preference? If you can't answer I understand, just curious. I wonder myself if she knew him from somewhere, and that's why she ended up with him at some point that night. It does seem unlikely she'd go off with an unknown man, 20 years her senior (even if she didn't know that, you can tell he's quite a bit older than her, just from his pic). But if she knew him from somewhere... friend of a friend kind of thing, then it makes more sense.

I'd rule him out for being old <modsnip>.

Last edited by a moderator:
I disagree the cause of death will not be determined. I think "no physical trauma that could lead to death" clearly says we are waiting for toxicology and final autopsy report. (i.e., PH body was not buried so long that investigators could determine there was no physical trauma to her body). MOO

We can agree to disagree on this but when a corpse is buried in the ground for approximately 14 days, decomposition has set in and it would be difficult for coroner.

We can agree to disagree on this but when a corpse is buried in the ground for approximately 14 days, composition has set in and it would be difficult for coroner.
While I agree that decomp had definitely set in I also take into consideration the temperatures at the time. Maybe the temperature preserved her somewhat. At least that’s what I hope.

I'd rule him out for being old <modsnip>.

The discussion earlier in which I didn't partake but would concur with. PH was not into men, jmo

I think it's fair to ask what a recently paroled 50 year old black male gang rapist would have in common with Paighton Houston? Seems like an odd couple at best. I get that we are all looking for the silver lining here, but it just doesn't really make sense.

I think it's fair to ask what a recently paroled 50 year old black male gang rapist would have in common with Paighton Houston? Seems like an odd couple at best. I get that we are all looking for the silver lining here, but it just doesn't really make sense.
Possibly drugs? Or the promise of? JMO I don’t know nuttin’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member