AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Recently, I was told by a family friend who is very familiar with the inner workings of Alabama's "criminal justice system," Alabama should go on and take the word "justice" out of it - it's just the "criminal system". And as someone who is currently being impacted by the outrageous and inexplicable decisions being made in this state by that system, stories like this one just chap my @ss. I would say it's unbelievable, but unfortunately, I would expect nothing different.
...and replace “system” with “industry”. Edit: "Crime Industry"

Last edited:
Paighton-Houston.jpg

BIRMINGHAM — Two years after Paighton Houston’s disappearance and death, a wrongful death lawsuit was filed on December 17, 2021.

According to the suit filed by Attorney Scott Hughes on behalf of Houston’s mother, Charlaine Houston, and family.

Related Story: Man charged in connection to case of Paighton Houston
The lawsuit names as defendants Fredrick Hampton, who is charged with corpse abuse, a Class C felony, in Houston’s death, as well as Tin Roof Acquisition Company and the City of Birmingham.

The Tin Roof was required to operate in accordance with City of Birmingham Ordinance Section 12-10-52 which states: “Interior security personnel required at certain times; security camera systems required; premises to remain clean and free of trash and debris.”

The suit states that if “the family and/or law enforcement been able to obtain video footage from the time Paighton Houston was at The Tin Roof, her life might have been saved.”

If “the family and/or law enforcement been able to obtain video footage from the time Paighton Houston was at The Tin Roof, her life might have been saved.”

I wonder how much truth there is to this. In the time it took to realize PH was missing, notify LE, retrace her steps to Tin Roof, request and review video tape... could she have still been alive? If the bar was in violation of business code about cameras, then yes, they're liable for that and how it affected/slowed the investigation; but liable for her death? I'm interested in hearing those arguments.

It also seems to me that the social media army (who accused eye witnesses of being racist, making up stories, covering their own culpability, and even murdering PH themselves) may also have delayed the finding of PH.

All JMO

I wonder how much truth there is to this. In the time it took to realize PH was missing, notify LE, retrace her steps to Tin Roof, request and review video tape... could she have still been alive?
I was kind of wondering the same thing. I feel terrible for the family, but I'm not sure what they're claiming against the bar really makes sense, given what is known about the case.

This is the first time I've ever seen this information in the case:

The lawsuit states that Houston went to Hampton’s home and then they, and at least one other person, left there and went to the Tin Roof.
I'd always been under the impression she arrived with friends/coworkers and that he was a stranger to her, or at least was to the people she was with, especially given that final text message she sent.

2 years after Paighton Houston found dead, lawsuit filed against bar, Birmingham, man accused of dumping body

This is the first time I've ever seen this information in the case:

The lawsuit states that Houston went to Hampton’s home and then they, and at least one other person, left there and went to the Tin Roof.
I'd always been under the impression she arrived with friends/coworkers and that he was a stranger to her, or at least was to the people she was with, especially given that final text message she sent.

2 years after Paighton Houston found dead, lawsuit filed against bar, Birmingham, man accused of dumping body

Huh? I'm not recalling these allegations whatsoever! I too believed she arrived with friends at what was deemed the work holiday party and later left -- texting a friend around midnight that she wasn't sure where she was and might need help.

All the following is news to me:

While there, Houston, Hampton and others were continually served alcohol, “despite being observed to be visibly and apparently intoxicated on the premises,’’ and never “cut off” from buying more, the suit says.

Late that night or early the next morning, Houston, Hampton and unnamed defendants left the Tin Roof while “visibly and apparently intoxicated.” Family and friends were then unable to contact Houston

Huh? I'm not recalling these allegations whatsoever! I too believed she arrived with friends at what was deemed the work holiday party and later left -- texting a friend around midnight that she wasn't sure where she was and might need help.

All the following is news to me:

While there, Houston, Hampton and others were continually served alcohol, “despite being observed to be visibly and apparently intoxicated on the premises,’’ and never “cut off” from buying more, the suit says.

Late that night or early the next morning, Houston, Hampton and unnamed defendants left the Tin Roof while “visibly and apparently intoxicated.” Family and friends were then unable to contact Houston
Yes it's very different from what was reported through the entire case and had me stumped too.

Hampton and Tin Roof are named as defendants in the suit. IMO, the unnamed are probably witnesses for the plaintiff.
Thanks.
Well, it said the unnamed defendants left the bar. Witnesses for the plaintiff wouldn't be defendants, would they? We know she left with 2 people; maybe there were others that we don't know about?

Thanks.
Well, it said the unnamed defendants left the bar. Witnesses for the plaintiff wouldn't be defendants, would they? We know she left with 2 people; maybe there were others that we don't know about?
True -- I didn't even notice 'defendants' added to 'unnamed.' It was stated differently in the earlier link I posted:

The lawsuit names as defendants Fredrick Hampton, who is charged with corpse abuse, a Class C felony, in Houston’s death, as well as Tin Roof Acquisition Company and the City of Birmingham.

Fredrick Hampton Trial is scheduled for October 23, 2023, hopefully no more delays.
Thanks for the update. I suppose FH isn't too bothered since he's been out on bond release for a couple of years! I recall his lawyer at his bond hearing was Emory Anthony, trending now after he was hired by hoax woman Carlee Russell.

I think of Paighton's mother often. I wonder what happened with the Civil Suit? Alabama is not exactly case search friendly since both Civil and Criminal searches seem to require a paid subscription.

Thanks for the update. I suppose FH isn't too bothered since he's been out on bond release for a couple of years! I recall his lawyer at his bond hearing was Emory Anthony, trending now after he was hired by hoax woman Carlee Russell.

I think of Paighton's mother often. I wonder what happened with the Civil Suit? Alabama is not exactly case search friendly since both Civil and Criminal searches seem to require a paid subscription.
I thought recognized attorney’s name but couldn’t recall- I remember him claiming Fredrick was not a flight risk just after LE had to hunt him down in Ohio, I think. I’ve not seen any update on Civil Case, she reminds me a little bit of Anniah Blanchard’s Mom.

August 29, 2023

A 53-year-old Jefferson County man has pleaded guilty to abuse of corpse in connection with the 2019 disappearance and death of Paighton Houston, whose body was later found in a shallow grave. Frederick Hampton entered his guilty plea before Jefferson County Circuit Judge Thomas Thrash in the Bessemer Cutoff. Hampton’s plea came Monday, the day his trial on the felony charge was set to begin. As part of the plea, Hampton was sentenced to 20 years in prison with three years to serve followed by five years of probation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back