AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Suspect in Paighton Houston case granted bond

Fredrick Hampton’s bond is set at $15,000 and he must wear an electronic monitor. He is charged with abuse of a corpse.

Deputy Chief David Agee said Hampton and Houston were together on December 20, which was the last day Houston was seen. Agee said there is no evidence of any force involved.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...844eac-6323-11ea-8a8e-5c5336b32760_story.html

Hampton is a convicted sex offender, but his attorney, Emory Anthony, said he is not a flight risk.

“He’s presumed to be not guilty, he’s entered a pleas of not guilty and we’ll see whether the state of Alabama can carry their burden of proof,’’ Anthony said.

So let me get this straight...

The attorney of the guy who... fled
makes the statement that his client is not a... flight risk.

Yep, I'm convinced. o_O

HBSAOXJGI5GZ7LM6CPKX2RERDE.JPG

Fredrick Hampton, charged with abuse of corpse following the disappearance of Paighton Houston, appeared in court Tuesday, March 10, 2020. He was granted bond and electronic monitoring.

Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse granted bond

The man charged with abuse of corpse following the disappearance and death Paighton Houston was granted bond by a Bessemer Cutoff judge Tuesday, over the objections of prosecutors, investigators and Houston’s parents.

Fredrick Hampton, 50, appeared before Jefferson County District Judge Thomas Thrash Jr. for what was set to be a preliminary hearing the Class C felony case against him. His attorney, however, waived that hearing but asked that bond be set for his client.

[..]

Hampton has been held without bond since his Jan. 29 capture by U.S. Marshals in Ohio. He was later extradited to Jefferson County.

“We think that no bond is unreasonable,’’ Hampton’s attorney, Emory Anthony, told the judge.

Houston’s mother, Charlaine Houston, emotionally disagreed that he should be released. “Our daughter is already gone, and we’ve lost her,’’ she told the judge. “I would hate to see it happen to anyone else.”

The standard bond schedule for a Class C felony ranges between $2,500 and $15,000.

The judge explained to the Houston family that the law required him to set bond in this case. He set the bond at the maximum and ordered Hampton to wear an electronic monitoring device. Hampton must remain at his home at all times with no curfew whatsoever. Hampton is currently still in custody.

I'm very surprised to see Paighton's mother looking for Hampton to be released. She must have made it through quite a few stages of grief in the last month. I personally suspect Hampton traded Paighton sex for the drugs that killed her but I guess Charlaine doesn't. It would be a hard one to prove at any rate.

I'm very surprised to see Paighton's mother looking for Hampton to be released. She must have made it through quite a few stages of grief in the last month. I personally suspect Hampton traded Paighton sex for the drugs that killed her but I guess Charlaine doesn't. It would be a hard one to prove at any rate.
I'm curious where you read Paighton's mom was looking for FH to be released? I've read the exact opposite.

I'm curious where you read Paighton's mom was looking for FH to be released? I've read the exact opposite.
Oh I guess I misinterpreted the above quoted article. It should really say "disagreed with him being released" or even "protested his release" not "disagreed that he should be released". That's just mediocre news copy.

MOO
He maybe safer on the inside.
Alabama always seeks informants for bigger fish who supply.

Not that I care about his safety.

My thoughts are with Paighton's family and her past tribe of recovering addicts.

Recently, I was told by a family friend who is very familiar with the inner workings of Alabama's "criminal justice system," Alabama should go on and take the word "justice" out of it - it's just the "criminal system". And as someone who is currently being impacted by the outrageous and inexplicable decisions being made in this state by that system, stories like this one just chap my @ss. I would say it's unbelievable, but unfortunately, I would expect nothing different.

If we are all upset with the low bail amount, It will pale when we see the eventual sentence he receives. jmo
I did find this:

Abuse of a corpse, Ala. Code § 13A-11-13.

It is a felony to treat a human corpse in a way that would outrage ordinary family sensibilities, unless the action is specifically allowed by law. Abuse of a corpse may include signing a certificate as having embalmed, cremated, or prepared a human body for burial when, in fact, the services were not performed as indicated. A finding of guilty for this offense must include a specific intent toward the corpse in question. The penalty for this crime is a term of imprisonment not to exceed ten years and/or a fine of up to $5,000.

Alabama Annotations - Burial Law Project - American University Washington College of Law

I did find this:

Abuse of a corpse, Ala. Code § 13A-11-13.

It is a felony to treat a human corpse in a way that would outrage ordinary family sensibilities, unless the action is specifically allowed by law. Abuse of a corpse may include signing a certificate as having embalmed, cremated, or prepared a human body for burial when, in fact, the services were not performed as indicated. A finding of guilty for this offense must include a specific intent toward the corpse in question. The penalty for this crime is a term of imprisonment not to exceed ten years and/or a fine of up to $5,000.

Alabama Annotations - Burial Law Project - American University Washington College of Law

That is a wide range of possible sentences. I would like to see the 10 years but it is highly unlikely imo. I feel for Paighton's mom who was @ the hearing. OT has anyone seen anything about him (RSO)leaving the state with informing the court?

Something to pay attention to in this case is people mixing up the crime FH is actually charged with and him causing PH's death. As far as I can tell, he still has not been charged with that. But it's easy for people to get carried away. I think people are going to act as though FH murdered PH, when that doesn't appear to be the case.

Something to pay attention to in this case is people mixing up the crime FH is actually charged with and him causing PH's death. As far as I can tell, he still has not been charged with that. But it's easy for people to get carried away. I think people are going to act as though FH murdered PH, when that doesn't appear to be the case.

I believe there is still a faint chance someone could be charged for providing the drugs.

I am paying attention only that he is a RSO who fled the state of Alabama to Ohio. (Tracked down by The US MARSHALL'S.)
Returned

And the charge of what he is currently being charged with.
What must one be thinking to dispose of anyone in this horrific manner?

JUSTICE4PAIGHTON

I am paying attention only that he is a RSO who fled the state of Alabama to Ohio. (Tracked down by The US MARSHALL'S.)
Returned

And the charge of what he is currently being charged with.
What must one be thinking to dispose of anyone in this horrific manner?

JUSTICE4PAIGHTON

Imo he may get some serious time because of his past record & the publicity surrounding her disappearance. I just watched a case where a girl helped her mom dispose of her husband/father's body & helped cover up the crime. She pleaded down to abuse of a corpse & received 1 year probation. I have no statistics to back up my opinion but I think relatively few are charged with abuse of a corpse when they dispose of a body. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back