AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 *arrests* #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
File picture of his booking photo was said to be too large to upload. You can search him on the Jefferson County inmate page.

New picture today
He's not going to be out anytime soon. I'd assume that they simply have not charged him with the indignity to a corpse charge yet, but we do know that warrant has been issued. He was likely being held on the failure to report charge, which is what is reflected when he was booked in to the AL jail. Once they officially charge him, that charge will be added in the system.

When I did an inmate search yesterday it showed $15000 bond for failure to register. That still shows today. Yesterday it showed $60000 bond for abuse of a corpse. Today that doesn't show. However in the link posted upthread said he is being held without bond.

New picture today

When I did an inmate search yesterday it showed $15000 bond for failure to register. That still shows today. Yesterday it showed $60000 bond for abuse of a corpse. Today that doesn't show. However in the link posted upthread said he is being held without bond.
That makes sense that he's not eligible for bond as his a proven flight risk.

That makes sense that he's not eligible for bond as his a proven flight risk.

Since he left the area before the arrest warrant for abuse was issued he can't be a flight risk for that reason. I doubt failure to register would be reason to deem someone a flight risk. Don't get me wrong. I would like him not to get bond, but I don't see a reason to deny it.

Since he left the area before the arrest warrant for abuse was issued he can't be a flight risk for that reason. I doubt failure to register would be reason to deem someone a flight risk. Don't get me wrong. I would like him not to get bond, but I don't see a reason to deny it.
Respectfully, he was being sought with a warrant for his arrest and never turned himself in. He was discovered holed up in Ohio. He was a fugitive from justice. Call it what you want - but the court decided he's not eligible. Perhaps his lawyer will have an argument to convince the court otherwise but I doubt it.

Is there evidence suspect left the area and traveled to Ohio after released in December?

MOO

Respectfully, he was being sought with a warrant for his arrest and never turned himself in. He was discovered holed up in Ohio. He was a fugitive from justice. Call it what you want - but the court decided he's not eligible. Perhaps his lawyer will have an argument to convince the court otherwise but I doubt it.

Is there evidence suspect left the area and traveled to Ohio after released in December?

MOO

Of course he left after released. I don't think that was what you are asking. Obviously he left before he could be arrested.

MOO

yep fugitive of justice, he’ll get additional charges for that. And I “think” he went off the radar to Ohio after he was released from the suspicion of kidnapping IIRC

I've now read threads 1 to 6 in this case and I'm not surprised how this tragic event unfolded. I thought all along it was an OD. I think Paigton knew FH and/or associates who were with her at McClain St from drug dealings/associations in the past.

IMO she only 'felt in trouble' when she realised she was intoxicated on meth and probably began to feel paranoid about how she would get home/felt 'too wired' etc. Then they (guys at McClain St) likely offered her heroin/oxy/morphine (not sure which one) to help her wind down a bit. Maybe PH had not had opiates for quite a while and really was sober from it and that's how she OD'd. The meth use led her to relapse on opiates.

The two men described as 'heavyset' might have just been wearing thick jackets/baggy clothes which made them look bigger.

All MOO

May Paighton's story be told so that others can learn.
This is the drug war we live in.
It happens everyday around the world.
It doesn't discriminate, affects all ages, and all walks of life.
Epidemic to all cultures.

I still have a problem with what was done to Paighton after she took her last BREATH.
Nobody deserves to be thrown out in a backyard and dirt thrown over them.

The terror of family members and loved one's are left with the aftermath.
Heartbreaking and gut wrenching.

I told two young ladies this weekend about Paighton's case. I hope it saves their life.
They both just left Recovey program and have a battle still to fight.

I intend to keep telling Paighton's story, however we do not have that final chapter. I hope we get the truth.
Rest Easy Paighton you fought long and hard.
EBM to Add IMO and it's Strong

Hearing set for man facing abuse of corpse charges in Paighton Houston case

Feb 20, 2020

A convicted sex-offender is now set for a hearing in Jefferson county over charges of abuse of corpse in the case of a missing Trussville woman who's body was found in a shallow grave.

Fredrick Hampton is scheduled to face a judge March 10th.

Hampton, 50, remains in the Jefferson County jail without bond after being extradited from Ohio.

[..]

He was wanted by authorities after the discovery of 29-year-old Paighton Houston's body in a shallow grave behind a house in Hueytown.

Man charged with abuse of a corpse in Paighton Houston’s case has a March hearing

Updated February 21 at 11:44 AM

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - The man charged with abuse of a corpse in the case of Paighton Houston will go before a judge on March 10, 2020.

Fredrick Hampton was brought back to Alabama the week of Feb. 13, and he remains in the Jefferson County Jail on no bond.

Hampton was arrested in January, at a home in Cleveland, Ohio for his role in the death of 29-year-old Houston.

Court records also show Hampton was appointed a new attorney in his case.

ETA: Just to be clear -- FH is not sitting in jail in lieu of $$ bail bond, the court deemed he is not eligible for release. And it's not because of an "abuse of corpse charge. "

Suspect In Paighton Houston Case Back In Jefferson County

Feb 17, 2020

[..]

Fredrick Hampton, who is charged with abuse of a corpse — not with Houston's death — was captured Jan. 29 by U.S. Marshals in Cleveland.

Hampton is being housed in the Jefferson County Jail in Bessemer, according to Deputy Chief David Agee of the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office. Hampton is being held without bond for this case.

Houston, who disappeared Dec. 20, was found buried in a shallow grave next to an abandoned home in Hueytown Jan. 3. An autopsy could not determine the cause of death, but toxicology examinations revealed Houston died from an accidental drug overdose.

[..]

Agee added that Hampton knew the area in which Houston's body was found, and that the property where Houston was found was owned by a relative of Hampton's.

It will be interesting to see if we learn more from this hearing about what happened.

Hearing set for man facing abuse of corpse charges in Paighton Houston case

I'm really sorry for PH's family that no doubt want some answers.

I'm not holding my breath. As he's only charged with abuse of a corpse, his lawyer will be able to object to any fishing questions by the prosecutor. Not to mention his right to remain silent.

At this time, it's up to the prosecution to prove he's guilty of burying PH and he doesn't have to say a thing.

MOO

Man charged with abuse of a corpse in Paighton Houston’s case has a March hearing

Updated February 21 at 11:44 AM

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - The man charged with abuse of a corpse in the case of Paighton Houston will go before a judge on March 10, 2020.

Fredrick Hampton was brought back to Alabama the week of Feb. 13, and he remains in the Jefferson County Jail on no bond.

Hampton was arrested in January, at a home in Cleveland, Ohio for his role in the death of 29-year-old Houston.

Court records also show Hampton was appointed a new attorney in his case.

ETA: Just to be clear -- FH is not sitting in jail in lieu of $$ bail bond, the court deemed he is not eligible for release. And it's not because of an "abuse of corpse charge. "

If he's not eligible for release and it's not because of an "abuse of a corpse charge", why isn't he eligible?

If he's not eligible for release and it's not because of an "abuse of a corpse charge", why isn't he eligible?
Wait ... deja vu?

It may hinge on his RSO status or previous felony conviction status.
I'm just guessing.

Jeff Co Sheriff‏Verified account @JeffCoSheriff
The Jefferson County Sheriff’s office will hold a press conference today at 10:30am concerning details about a warrant that has been issued against a man in connection with the death of Paighton Houston.

EOaKVioWAAIqdJc.jpg

6:18 AM - 16 Jan 2020

The charge (abuse of a corpse) carries a $60,000 bond.

A warrant for FH's arrest was issued Jan 16, 2020. A fugitive of justice, he was finally captured by US Marshalls in Ohio on Jan 29, 2020-- after they stormed his refuge.

FH forfeited that $60,000 bond possibility when he fled and failed to turn himself in. He proved to the court (and the public) that he's a flight risk and therefore not eligible for bond.

Fredrick Hampton: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

According to Deputy Chief David Agee, a warrant was issued for 50-year-old Fredrick Hampton, “who is charged with abuse of a corpse, which is a class C felony.” The charge carries a $60,000 bond.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NanaKate321
Back