Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another bit of info.... The bar is really well lit and pics from that night show the band playing and groups photographed in bright lighting. The crowd is older.... Lots of great hair and work parties. Just not what I imagined when thinking of a dimly lit, young bar.
I know someone that went to a work party at this bar a few years ago. She was drugged and raped. A rape kit and blood test were done. A police report was filed. This bar has skeletons. The last sentence is JMO, the other statements, I know for fact.

Media Contacts:
  • bdionne@wbrc.com - WBRC FOX6 News
  • mhightower@wbrc.com- WBRC FOX6 News
  • alancollins@wbrc.com - WBRC FOX6 News
  • michael.seale@patch.com - Patch User Profile for Michael Seale
  • cscarborough@hearst.com - WVTM 13
  • skillian@wvtm.com - WVTM 13
  • News@TrussvilleTribune.com
  • newstip@abc3340.com - ABC 3340

Does anyone have any additional thoughts for media contacts? A couple of pages upstream poster LMR contacted a member of the media and requested a clarification.
That gave me the idea to email some of our questions to members of the media, who hopefully will consider contacting BPD to ask said questions and publish the answers they might receive. Obviously BPD has been pretty tight lipped, it's an open investigation. But it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Bestill-
  1. I would like to know where her phone pinged all Friday.
  2. How many coworkers were at the bar Friday night?
  3. What time did they actually get to the bar?
  4. Is it unusual for Paighton to leave her car somewhere and catch a ride with someone else? Personally I like to have my freedom to leave whenever I want.
  5. Is this coworker she texted someone that she would depend on if she needed help? I think Paighton is close to her family and friends, so she could easily texted them too.
  6. Would love for LE to show a map of Paighton's known activities on Friday and Friday night.
Peppery-
  1. -was she at work on 12/20 and who saw her there
  2. -who was she in contact with that day and night via text/cell
  3. -when was the last time her mother actually spoke to her on the phone
  4. -who can confirm she actually went to TR
  5. -was she seen on video at TR or any nearby business cameras
  6. -if she was there, did she eat or drink alcohol
  7. -did she text anyone else mentioning feeling in trouble
  8. -when and where did her phone ping that night
  9. -when did her phone go silent
  10. -is her car at the coworkers home as would be expected
  11. -has the car been processed
  12. -have any of her possessions been found? Coat, phone, purse, wallet, credit cards, etc
  13. -why hasn’t LE organized any searches for her
Proctorelites-
  1. Did anyone see Paighton at the bar or leaving the bar?
  2. Has Paighton ever used Uber or Lyft? Does she have an account with either?
  3. Has anyone ever offered to pay for Paighton's Uber or Lyft ride? (yes i know thats against their TOS or so I hear, but it happens)?

Anyone else have a question not covered above?
-Why hasn't anyone talked to the coworker/friend that reported PH missing to her Parents

-Why didn't the friend report PH missing on her own since she was with her and saw her leave and was the one that received the text message?? She could have shown that text directly to LE

-Have any of her friends stepped up to talk about her?

Media Contacts:

Does anyone have any additional thoughts for media contacts? A couple of pages upstream poster LMR contacted a member of the media and requested a clarification.
That gave me the idea to email some of our questions to members of the media, who hopefully will consider contacting BPD to ask said questions and publish the answers they might receive. Obviously BPD has been pretty tight lipped, it's an open investigation. But it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Bestill-
  4. Is it unusual for Paighton to leave her car somewhere and catch a ride with someone else? Personally I like to have my freedom to leave whenever I want.
  5. Is this coworker she texted someone that she would depend on if she needed help? I think Paighton is close to her family and friends, so she could easily texted them too.
  6. Would love for LE to show a map of Paighton's known activities on Friday and Friday night.
Peppery-
  12. -have any of her possessions been found? Coat, phone, purse, wallet, credit cards, etc
Proctorelites-
  3. Has anyone ever offered to pay for Paighton's Uber or Lyft ride? (yes i know thats against their TOS or so I hear, but it happens)?

Great post! I thought of one additional question. On the morning after Paighton went missing did the friend/co-worker contact Paighton’s family or did some of her family members contact the friend/co-worker to inquire of Paighton’s whereabouts? We probably won’t get an answer to this one, but I’ve not seen an official statement concerning this matter.

So the co-worker contacted her parents? How did she/he have their contact information? Just an observation as I was reading through.
Yes, I noticed the same thing.

Here is what I found:
“Houston’s family said she was at the bar that night with friends from work. One of those friends contacted Houston’s family and told them she left the bar with the two men and appeared to do so willing, according to Houston’s brother, Evan.

The friend also shared a text message she said she received from Houston that said, ‘IDK who I am with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.’

After hearing from the friend, Houston’s brother and father went straight to police and filed the report.“
B’ham Police: Surveillance video in Paighton Houston case does not show 2 men she reportedly left with

Since the reporter does not quote the brother verbatim, personally, I hesitate to take it at face value or to speculate as to how the family came in contact with the coworker.

@tinkerbella has a very valid question up there to add @Knox
Did this friend or coworker normally have contact with Paighton's mother. Or how did she/he know Mom's contact info?

By all appearances, PH lived at home with her mom/family, so I am thinking the friend/co-worker had PH/Family address and phone number just as a matter of information to reach PH besides having PH's cell number (assuming she had the cell number based on alleged text message received by friend from PH after midnight). MOO.

Media Contacts:

Bestill-
Peppery-
Proctorelites-
Hooman-
  1. On the morning after Paighton went missing did the friend/co-worker contact Paighton’s family or did some of her family members contact the friend/co-worker to inquire of Paighton’s whereabouts?
KCmetwo-
  1. -Why hasn't anyone talked to the coworker/friend that reported PH missing to her Parents
  2. -Why didn't the friend report PH missing on her own since she was with her and saw her leave and was the one that received the text message?? She could have shown that text directly to LE
  3. -Have any of her friends stepped up to talk about her?
Squareandrabbet-
  1. "what exactly did Sergeant Johnny Williams say about the video"? The site being quoted, doesn't have any quotes surrounding his speech; meaning the reporter summarized it. What if the reporter scrawled their notes down wrong?
ZsaZsa-
  1. The friend /co worker. Male or female?
Tinkerbella-
  1. Did this friend or coworker normally have contact with Paighton's mother. Or how did she/he know Mom's contact info?

I know someone that went to a work party at this bar a few years ago. She was drugged and raped. A rape kit and blood test were done. A police report was filed. This bar has skeletons. The last sentence is JMO, the other statements, I know for fact.

Just to clarify -- I don't think being drugged or assaulted applies only to the Tin Roof.

In viewing their Intagram, I noticed that they've consistently marketed a combined NYE celebration with 4 other Lakeview bars with $20 cover charge and one wrist ban for entry to all. Public comments lead me to believe women have been "ruppied" at more than just the Tin Roof bar during the past year.

ETA: It just occurred to me that maybe the "Lakeview" bar group are within close proximity and PH and her alleged companions stepped out to check out the scene at another Lakeside bar.

(This would be very typical of a holiday co-worker outing where I come from aka a pub crawl).

Last edited:
There seems to be a lot of questions about the “friend.” Did PH leave her car at her house, the questions about the text, how long they have been friends, etc. Does anyone think there could be more to this “friend” than just being platonic?
Could be, anything is possible.
Hope this doesn't turn out to be a case of DV.

Anyone care to attempt to post up the facts relative to this case? I'm not being a smarty pants, I'm just not sure I personally can say I have any actual facts to put out there for folks who come to this thread.

All the so called 'facts' that came out early on are, IMHO, in question.....meaning, she was at the bar, she had a fight, she left with 2 black guys, she texted a desperate message......all these things, IMHO are now in question as to their accuracy, unless positive proof, of which I am unaware, is available otherwise.

A real messed up situation if you ask me......almost seemingly deliberate.

I did go to google earth and took a looky at the bar, I don't see any cameras outside.

Friends? More confusion. Is it one friend or friends that saw her leave?
"The two men-- Paighton's friends say she left the bar with---have not been identified." BBM
Family and friends gather for a prayer vigil for Paighton Houston
I think it's time I wait until things get clearer.
Yeah a bit confusing there. Were they going off the initial report that was given by the coworker/friend and then have talked to more of the individuals that were there and they have backed up said report now? If that's the case then we know she was at least AT the bar, but I agree, it went from 1 friend to now multiple friends. If many saw the same thing, you would think they could sit down with a sketch artist and describe these mystery men that PH left with.

There seems to be a lot of questions about the “friend.” Did PH leave her car at her house, the questions about the text, how long they have been friends, etc. Does anyone think there could be more to this “friend” then just being platonic?
Media Contacts:

Bestill-
Peppery-
Proctorelites-
Hooman-
  1. On the morning after Paighton went missing did the friend/co-worker contact Paighton’s family or did some of her family members contact the friend/co-worker to inquire of Paighton’s whereabouts?
KCmetwo-
  1. -Why hasn't anyone talked to the coworker/friend that reported PH missing to her Parents
  2. -Why didn't the friend report PH missing on her own since she was with her and saw her leave and was the one that received the text message?? She could have shown that text directly to LE
Squareandrabbet-
  1. "what exactly did Sergeant Johnny Williams say about the video"? The site being quoted, doesn't have any quotes surrounding his speech; meaning the reporter summarized it. What if the reporter scrawled their notes down wrong?
ZsaZsa-
Tinkerbella-
  1. Did this friend or coworker normally have contact with Paighton's mother. Or how did she/he know Mom's contact info?

Did she have a relationship with the friend more than being just friends or any of the coworkers she was with?

Yes, I noticed the same thing.

Here is what I found:
“Houston’s family said she was at the bar that night with friends from work. One of those friends contacted Houston’s family and told them she left the bar with the two men and appeared to do so willing, according to Houston’s brother, Evan.

The friend also shared a text message she said she received from Houston that said, ‘IDK who I am with so if I call please answer. I feel in trouble.’

After hearing from the friend, Houston’s brother and father went straight to police and filed the report.“
B’ham Police: Surveillance video in Paighton Houston case does not show 2 men she reportedly left with

Since the reporter does not quote the brother verbatim, personally, I hesitate to take it at face value or to speculate as to how the family came in contact with the coworker.
Did PH's parents know she was going to the bar with a friend, or did the friend tell her parents that? Does the friend live alone? I know none of this has been reported but questions I'd like answered. I'm beginning to believe maybe PH didn't even go to the bar. Moooo

Media Contacts:

Bestill-
Peppery-
Proctorelites-
Hooman-
KCmetwo-
Squareandrabbet-
ZsaZsa-
Tinkerbella-

Yes - Maybe we could get clarity on the below vs. updated reports as of 12/31/19 which now state videos do not show what is clearly stated below. Who retracted - BPD? WBRC? or both? Was she in fact at TR? Did she appear to leave TR with or did she not leave TR with two males?

Police still searching for missing woman from Trussville

By Brittany Dionne | December 23, 2019 at 10:02 PM CST - Updated December 24 at 5:55 PM
"BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - The search for a missing Trussville woman is becoming more desperate as the hours and minutes tick by.

Birmingham police are asking for your help locating 29-year-old Paighton Lane Houston. Houston was last seen at the Tin Roof on the Southside of Birmingham. The bar is located at the 2700 block of 7th Ave. S.

Houston’s family says she left the location Friday, Dec. 20th around 10:45 p.m. They say she’s a loving person who always kept in touch.

Houston’s father, Doug Houston says the family is getting updates from detectives.

“The detective on the case said he followed some leads and it didn’t turn out to be anything,” says Doug Houston.

Police say Houston did not leave the bar alone and that surveillance video appears to show her leaving with two heavy set men. Authorities say that it appears she left willingly.

Our requests for the video and pictures was denied."

(Bolded and text color applied by me.)

Since MSM seems to have taken liberties with verbiage I wonder just WHO contacted WHO as far as conveying information concerning PH as far as where she was last seen and other information. I don't know 100% if the information was obtained the way MSM states.
Perhaps PH family started checking because Paighton never came home. KWIM.

JMHO

Media Contacts:

Bestill-
Peppery-
Proctorelites-
Hooman-
KCmetwo-
Squareandrabbet-
ZsaZsa-
Tinkerbella-

Friend said she didn't see text until next morning because she was asleep... Would like confirmed that there was zero activity on friend's phone (and laptop and social media accounts) from before text until morning. Who all did friend contact next morning?

There seems to be a lot of questions about the “friend.” Did PH leave her car at her house, the questions about the text, how long they have been friends, etc. Does anyone think there could be more to this “friend” than just being platonic?
If so, I have to say this "friend" couldn't have cared about PH very much.
And mores the pity there, because a perusal of her Instagram page will show you a person who was worth caring about. That's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member