Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend said she didn't see text until next morning because she was asleep... Would like confirmed that there was zero activity on friend's phone (and laptop and social media accounts) from before text until morning. Who all did friend contact next morning?
I am curious if the friend called PH's phone, when the friend was leaving the bar.

When girls go out drinking together, and they ride to the club together, the driver usually makes a solid attempt to contact the friend when she is leaving. Even if she saw her walking out of the bar, it could be that she was going outside to smoke a cig or a joint, or to get some air, and it wouldn't necessarily mean she was gone and didn't need a ride home.

Did the friend text or call PH and ask if she still needed a ride?

Media Contacts:
  • bdionne@wbrc.com - WBRC FOX6 News
  • mhightower@wbrc.com- WBRC FOX6 News
  • alancollins@wbrc.com - WBRC FOX6 News
  • michael.seale@patch.com - Patch User Profile for Michael Seale
  • cscarborough@hearst.com - WVTM 13
  • skillian@wvtm.com - WVTM 13
  • News@TrussvilleTribune.com
  • newstip@abc3340.com - ABC 3340

Does anyone have any additional thoughts for media contacts? A couple of pages upstream poster LMR contacted a member of the media and requested a clarification.
That gave me the idea to email some of our questions to members of the media, who hopefully will consider contacting BPD to ask said questions and publish the answers they might receive. Obviously BPD has been pretty tight lipped, it's an open investigation. But it certainly doesn't hurt to ask.

Bestill-
  1. I would like to know where her phone pinged all Friday.
  2. How many coworkers were at the bar Friday night?
  3. What time did they actually get to the bar?
  4. Is it unusual for Paighton to leave her car somewhere and catch a ride with someone else? Personally I like to have my freedom to leave whenever I want.
  5. Is this coworker she texted someone that she would depend on if she needed help? I think Paighton is close to her family and friends, so she could easily texted them too.
  6. Would love for LE to show a map of Paighton's known activities on Friday and Friday night.
Peppery-
  1. -was she at work on 12/20 and who saw her there
  2. -who was she in contact with that day and night via text/cell
  3. -when was the last time her mother actually spoke to her on the phone
  4. -who can confirm she actually went to TR
  5. -was she seen on video at TR or any nearby business cameras
  6. -if she was there, did she eat or drink alcohol
  7. -did she text anyone else mentioning feeling in trouble
  8. -when and where did her phone ping that night
  9. -when did her phone go silent
  10. -is her car at the coworkers home as would be expected
  11. -has the car been processed
  12. -have any of her possessions been found? Coat, phone, purse, wallet, credit cards, etc
  13. -why hasn’t LE organized any searches for her
Proctorelites-
  1. Did anyone see Paighton at the bar or leaving the bar?
  2. Has Paighton ever used Uber or Lyft? Does she have an account with either?
  3. Has anyone ever offered to pay for Paighton's Uber or Lyft ride? (yes i know thats against their TOS or so I hear, but it happens)?

Anyone else have a question not covered above?
I’d suggest contacting (simply bc they’re known to be responsive):
• Carol Robinson crobinson@al.com
• Fred Davenport fdavenport@hearst.com

Since MSM seems to have taken liberties with verbiage I wonder just WHO contacted WHO as far as conveying information concerning PH as far as where she was last seen and other information. I don't know 100% if the information was obtained the way MSM states.
Perhaps PH family started checking because Paighton never came home. KWIM.

JMHO
This is my guess, especially if she lived at home with her parents. Do we know if the debit card found on the dance floor had any charges at the bar?

MOO.

Friend said she didn't see text until next morning because she was asleep... Would like confirmed that there was zero activity on friend's phone (and laptop and social media accounts) from before text until morning. Who all did friend contact next morning?
So “she” saw PH leave bar at 10:45 but she was already asleep at 12:15 when text was sent? Ok...

Quite honestly, the only thing I feel certain of is Paighton left her house that morning intending to go to work and texted her mother at some point during the day. The rest seems to be rumors, innuendo, guesses, assumptions and theories perpetuated by sloppy MSM reporting, none of which have really been confirmed by LE.

moo

spot on IMO

Where are you seeing that the friend said she didn’t see the text until the next morning? Do you have a link for that?

Here’s an explanation from WBRC as to why the video was removed:
I'm 5 pages behind so may come upon the answer.

So she didn't leave the bar alone? Or she was not at the bar, so therefore did not leave the bar?

Am I pulling at straws thinking the the thwarted recent kidnapping that was in the news can be connected? The man was from California and has a history of kidnapping, assault etc charges. A witness reported a girl being forced into a van near Sharon Heights RD Baptist Church which is 21 min from the bar PH was "last seen." Having a cage and chains in the van would seem he was on the prowl with a purpose. I know there has been no link between the 2 per LE but it is a pretty big coincidence in my book. The man is definitely not big but accomplices? Either way it is very frightening.
Victim being freed? WATCH: Brookside police release bodycam video of kidnapping suspect arrest
BREAKING: California kidnapper captured in Jefferson County, woman rescued
Screaming, bloodied woman rescued from van with cage & chains after kidnapping suspect beats her with tire iron
I sadly had the same fear as you. I certainly hope this creep has no connection to PH.

So “she” saw PH leave bar at 10:45 but she was already asleep at 12:15 when text was sent? Ok...
Yeah ok, I believe that like I believe I'm skinny as a fence rail...pfft, not even close to the truth. HOW can she claim to be asleep at 12:15 when it takes anywhere from 1 hr 24 mins - 1 hr 44 mins to get to TRUSSVILLE, Al from Birmingham, Al?? was she driving in her sleep or did she leave as soon as PH left? I got the time to drive from Maps.google.com I entered in Trussville and Birmingham and it gave 3 times as there are 3 different routes.
Was it ONLY PH she was driving for? Was the friend drinking as well? If she was then she had to slow down and be more cautious so NOT to get a DUI. SO, I'm not buyin the asleep at 12:15 story, especially after going to a party. I have gone out, NOT drank or done anything, gone home and been wound for sound even after having to drive an HOUR to get home. You have to let your body settle down from party mode into hibernation mode and IDK abt y'all but I am not one that can instantly flip a switch and be "ok time for bed"

Thank you.

I'm hopeful police are working hard behind the scenes and there will be more answers soon. I suspect this will not end well and IMO may involve a domestic dispute with someone more than a "friend." I hope I am wrong. MOO.
Where did you see that abt the Debit card bein found on the dance floor? I tried to verify the info via MSM and couldn't find it anywhere. Do you have a link?? Just curious because I had heard it was found at the bar, not the dance floor, and when I went to find it, the info was gone. I wasn't on FB or twitter either so I was just wondering as to where you located it b/c I searched for a few hours.

Am I pulling at straws thinking the the thwarted recent kidnapping that was in the news can be connected? The man was from California and has a history of kidnapping, assault etc charges. A witness reported a girl being forced into a van near Sharon Heights RD Baptist Church which is 21 min from the bar PH was "last seen." Having a cage and chains in the van would seem he was on the prowl with a purpose. I know there has been no link between the 2 per LE but it is a pretty big coincidence in my book. The man is definitely not big but accomplices? Either way it is very frightening.
Victim being freed? WATCH: Brookside police release bodycam video of kidnapping suspect arrest
BREAKING: California kidnapper captured in Jefferson County, woman rescued
Screaming, bloodied woman rescued from van with cage & chains after kidnapping suspect beats her with tire iron

geez is there a WS thread for this??

ETA couldn't find one so I started one - AL - Kidnapper Sean E. Sanders Apprehended bodycam footage - Dec.31/19

Last edited:
... She has always kept in touch with us or her really close friend... "
Family of missing Trussville woman hoping for ‘Christmas miracle’
^partial quote^ I wonder if this "really close friend" is the same person (coworker) that PH went to the bar with and the person that she texted. That would explain why the friend knew how to get in touch with PH's parents and why they may have had confidence in her statements.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah ok, I believe that like I believe I'm skinny as a fence rail...pfft, not even close to the truth. HOW can she claim to be asleep at 12:15 when it takes anywhere from 1 hr 24 mins - 1 hr 44 mins to get to TRUSSVILLE, Al from Birmingham, Al?? was she driving in her sleep or did she leave as soon as PH left? I got the time to drive from Maps.google.com I entered in Trussville and Birmingham and it gave 3 times as there are 3 different routes.
Was it ONLY PH she was driving for? Was the friend drinking as well? If she was then she had to slow down and be more cautious so NOT to get a DUI. SO, I'm not buyin the asleep at 12:15 story, especially after going to a party. I have gone out, NOT drank or done anything, gone home and been wound for sound even after having to drive an HOUR to get home. You have to let your body settle down from party mode into hibernation mode and IDK abt y'all but I am not one that can instantly flip a switch and be "ok time for bed"

That travel time from Birmingham to Trussville is not correct. I’m from the area. Trussville is more like 20 minutes from that part of Birmingham.

Where did you see that abt the Debit card bein found on the dance floor? I tried to verify the info via MSM and couldn't find it anywhere. Do you have a link?? Just curious because I had heard it was found at the bar, not the dance floor, and when I went to find it, the info was gone. I wasn't on FB or twitter either so I was just wondering as to where you located it b/c I searched for a few hours.

I apologize- just checked myself and it is not in MSM. I did find confirmation that she hasn't used her bank accounts since that night but nothing specific to if it was used at the bar. I'll try to edit, moo.

There must have been very heavy traffic when those routes were calculated. I would think at >11:00 PM it should take about one-third of that time. Maybe I'm wrong with I20/59 being closed.
Do we know that this friend lived in Trussville? They apparently worked in Vestavia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member