Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Authorities ask that anyone who has information about where Paighton might be to please contact the Birmingham Police Department at 205-297-8413 or 911. If you have additional information on this investigation you can contact Crime Stoppers 205-254-7777.

I think the heavy set men most likely have been identified and questioned otherwise LE would have released the surveillance in an effort to track them down. I don’t mean they are in the clear though. LE may be trying to find any evidence to proceed.

So she was at the bar with a group of friends, didn't drive & decided to leave with 2 men she didn't know. What did she tell her friends about where she was going? Did she tell her driver not to worry about waiting to take her back to her car? I doubt these 2 men just walked up to her and said lets go. She must of interacted with them for some time. Wonder if the friends could tell LE what she was planning to do?

XOL4GCDMW5D4ZHIFP56OMCNYEM.JPG

Birmingham police Sgt. Johnny Williams said the investigation is ongoing. “We’re pretty much in the same place that we were when we first reported her missing,’’ he said. “We don’t have any other leads. We’ve exhausted the ones we’ve had to this point, but we’ll continue to investigate and try to develop new leads.”

Investigators, he said, are reviewing surveillance footage from that night but have not yet released any possible footage publicly. “Our investigators want to review that footage. They want to make sure they’ve exhausted all their leads by going through that footage and if they determine anything that will point them in a different direction, we’ll let you guys know,’’ he said.

Asked if police believe foul play is involved, Williams said, “We’re not quite sure. This is kind of a strange case,’’ he said. “We’re not sure where she may be or the last person she actually spoke to at this point.”

“We’re hoping that anybody can come forward and let us know where she may be or any information they may have on the investigation,’’ he said.
’We’ve got to find her’: Police seek new leads on woman missing after leaving Birmingham bar

OMG really? Release the video and a few more details so the public can help.

Last edited:
RSBM

Didn't her last text say "I don't know who I'm with" or something similar? So, unfortunately and worryingly I believe she didn't knows these guys. :(
Yes, that's what her text said, sadly, and then we really started to worry. Very scary. SMH
I'm just hoping that maybe she knew one or both of them at one time and had forgotten, or their looks changed and she didn't recognize them initially. It's a long shot, I know, but still hoping for that possibility. :(

Birmingham police Sgt. Johnny Williams said the investigation is ongoing. “We’re pretty much in the same place that we were when we first reported her missing,’’ he said. “We don’t have any other leads. We’ve exhausted the ones we’ve had to this point, but we’ll continue to investigate and try to develop new leads.”

Investigators, he said, are reviewing surveillance footage from that night but have not yet released any possible footage publicly. “Our investigators want to review that footage. They want to make sure they’ve exhausted all their leads by going through that footage and if they determine anything that will point them in a different direction, we’ll let you guys know,’’ he said.

Asked if police believe foul play is involved, Williams said, “We’re not quite sure. This is kind of a strange case,’’ he said. “We’re not sure where she may be or the last person she actually spoke to at this point.”

“We’re hoping that anybody can come forward and let us know where she may be or any information they may have on the investigation,’’ he said.
’We’ve got to find her’: Police seek new leads on woman missing after leaving Birmingham bar

I'm trying to imagine any police Sgt. drafting this statement for release. I wonder if this is a strategic move to make the suspects think that LE is not onto them......

I agree!

I'm trying to imagine any police Sgt. drafting this statement for release. I wonder if this is a strategic move to make the suspects think that LE is not onto them......
I sure hope that it is a strategic move. Otherwise, I don’t know what to think. It’s unusual to hear them say they are basically in the same place they started, IMO.

I sure hope that it is a strategic move. Otherwise, I don’t know what to think. It’s unusual to hear them say they are basically in the same place they started, IMO.
Yes, it is -- but at least they have let the public know something, even if they have nothing new to report, IMO.
Thanks to LE for that.

Search continues for missing Trussville woman
Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama says they get involved after being asked by the existing law enforcement agency. We are told tips have been coming in to Crime Stoppers since Houston disappeared. The head of Crime Stoppers is urging people to contact them, even if you don’t believe it’s important information. Callers have the option to stay anonymous.

“What we are really asking, if people have good direct information, is to call us. But obviously you may have information you are not sure that is valid or not. Go ahead and call us and let us know and we will let that agency evaluate that,” Bob Copus, Executive Director Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama said.

Contact the Birmingham Police Department at 205-254-1700 or Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777 with any information about Houston.

Only two reasons why people generally leave bars with complete strangers, either they are in search of sex or drugs. It would be interesting to know if PH had a history of dating black gentlemen? If not, I would guess that she likely left in search of drugs.

Friends are stating there was an argument at the bar. Paighton did not drive that night, so had no car. She left with the two men, they were supposed to drop her off at her car that night.

This should be considered **RUMOR** as I cannot provide a link. If the above is true, it gives some insight into why she left with the two men. Also gives insight into the text message (she realized she was in danger).

I would love to find out she is being trafficked so she could be alive.. that is just an absolutely terrifying and traumatizing alternative to the worst...
This case makes my stomach knot up, I am so incredibly hopeful that LE is indeed being strategic with the way they’re handling things and we just don’t need to know .. but so sad for this woman and what she’s gone through after that text, and her whole family in agony and misery in a time of the year that’s supposed to be full of love and family :(

In a world of Uber and Lyft there is never a reason to get a ride home from people at a bar you don't know. Unless, as someone else suggested, drugs or sex.

And as someone else has suggested, this is nearly a carbon copy of Savannah Spurlock. Let's all hope for a different outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marni