Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HLN has been covering her case - it’s getting decent coverage, but that will unfortunately fade away if there is nothing new to report. I’m hoping if LE can’t identify the men leaving with her that they will release the video for the public’s help.

HLN on Twitter

In a world of Uber and Lyft there is never a reason to get a ride home from people at a bar you don't know. Unless, as someone else suggested, drugs or sex.

And as someone else has suggested, this is nearly a carbon copy of Savannah Spurlock. Let's all hope for a different outcome.
Some people have never used Uber/Lift (me included) & I remember a time when I wouldn’t have had the money to.

This is reminding me of Savannah, but so much closer to home bc this is someone my family knows & the last time I went to Tin Roof, I was essentially left alone & the other person had my keys. That is not a place I was comfortable leaving my car overnight either (long story).

So she was at the bar with a group of friends, didn't drive & decided to leave with 2 men she didn't know. What did she tell her friends about where she was going? Did she tell her driver not to worry about waiting to take her back to her car? I doubt these 2 men just walked up to her and said lets go. She must of interacted with them for some time. Wonder if the friends could tell LE what she was planning to do?

I was also thinking there could be a possibility that she knew them, even as aquaintences, and when she got wherever she was maybe she felt in danger because she was with others that she didn't know and felt threatened? MOO, just speculating and trying to think if what could've possibly happened.

Missing Trussville woman's family pleads for anyone with information to come forward

FROM THE ARTICLE:

She was seen leaving with two men. A friend says she saw them from across the bar and she cannot identify the men.

According to an employee Tin Roof has given police all the information they have.

Crimestoppers says a few leads have come in which they turned over to investigators.

Message provided by missing persons site:

-Paighton didn’t drive the night she disappeared. Her car was left at a friend’s house.
-She was wearing her hair down and curly the night she went missing.
-She was wearing a neon coral colored hoodie. (NOT t-shirt)

This is so much like Savannah or even Hannah Graham. The men really need to be identified! It did not take long for it to happen in Lexington...sorry if I am ignorant, but is there surveillance camera footage? That is what got the men ID'd in the SS case. I so wish girls would stop leaving alone with men. Don't think this is going to end well.

I was also thinking there could be a possibility that she knew them, even as aquaintences, and when she got wherever she was maybe she felt in danger because she was with others that she didn't know and felt threatened? MOO, just speculating and trying to think if what could've possibly happened.

According to Paighton's brother, she wrote in the text sent to her friend that she did not know them

“At about 12:14 p.m. that night, she sent a text to one of the friends she was at the bar with, stating that she didn’t know who she was with, and that she felt like she was in trouble,” Evan Houston said.

Paighton Houston: Alabama woman who texted she ‘felt in trouble’ is still missing after leaving with two strangers

This is so much like Savannah or even Hannah Graham. The men really need to be identified! It did not take long for it to happen in Lexington...sorry if I am ignorant, but is there surveillance camera footage? That is what got the men ID'd in the SS case. I so wish girls would stop leaving alone with men. Don't think this is going to end well.

We don't know that the men haven't been identified. In my opinion, I actually lean towards LE having already identified them because if not, they would more than likely release the surveillance footage with a specific request to be contacted by anyone who can identify them.

note that with uber / lyft it's possible for anyone pretty much anywhere (even from another state) to request an uber / lyft to any covered address via the app. you just have to manually enter the person's pick up address rather than rely on GPS auto-detection. so if you have a drunk friend at a bar pinging you for a ride at 3 AM and you have uber, you can dispatch an uber to scoop them up and not have to leave your house in the middle of the night.

There's nothing good about this scenario. A young woman is missing and it is reported that she left a bar with 2 men. Now she's missing after sending a somewhat cryptic text. Quite frankly, I have nothing positive to think about this at all.

Bad decision; questionable decision? It doesn't really matter. She needs to be found because she's in trouble.

I'd like to know if she was with friends or at the bar alone. CCTV?, Video Surveillance? Where is she?

Hoping for a positive outcome but very concerned.

MOO
I agree. The reasoning behind her leaving with strangers, is of no consequence. Expectations of safety differ from one person to next. At this point there is little to go on.
The history of drug abuse, may help point PD in the right direction, if in fact that was the case. People in those circles, tend to know each other. The time lapse from 22:45-00:14, is a roadblock. Even if PD has identified, the persons she left with, they could have or there story could easily be, that she was dropped somewhere, and the text may refer to whole other strangers of which we have not video. If there was anything nefarious going on with the strangers she left with, we can all be that the story will not e the truth, and will be of little help in locating her.

I agree. The reasoning behind her leaving with strangers, is of no consequence. Expectations of safety differ from one person to next. At this point there is little to go on.
The history of drug abuse, may help point PD in the right direction, if in fact that was the case. People in those circles, tend to know each other. The time lapse from 22:45-00:14, is a roadblock. Even if PD has identified, the persons she left with, they could have or there story could easily be, that she was dropped somewhere, and the text may refer to whole other strangers of which we have not video. If there was anything nefarious going on with the strangers she left with, we can all be that the story will not e the truth, and will be of little help in locating her.
Couldn't disagree more. I hope the police have tried to figure out why she left in order to determine where to look for her.

EM0Xo6fXsAAHvW7.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member