Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder when her family got the information about the text message?

I would like to know that as well. I thought she went Missing on the 20th b/c the way they were talking she didn't come home at a certain time on the night of the 20th and her parents called the Police. Everything I see says "was last seen Friday, Dec. 20" so she actually went missing on Wednesday Dec 18th and NOT Friday Dec. 20th?

I agree. The reasoning behind her leaving with strangers, is of no consequence. Expectations of safety differ from one person to next. At this point there is little to go on.
The history of drug abuse, may help point PD in the right direction, if in fact that was the case. People in those circles, tend to know each other.

Good point about the local drug network being a source of info, if that's involved at all. Not only do those involved often know each other's business but LE's usually plugged into those networks via informants and beat cops making arrests and getting jonesin' arrestees to talk.

They've said her bank accounts haven't been accessed since that day. Wonder if she made any large-ish withdrawals that day. First stop on the way to score is always the ATM. Not completely clear from the reports but it doesn't sound like she stopped at one after leaving the Tin place.

I would like to know that as well. I thought she went Missing on the 20th b/c the way they were talking she didn't come home at a certain time on the night of the 20th and her parents called the Police. Everything I see says "was last seen Friday, Dec. 20" so she actually went missing on Wednesday Dec 18th and NOT Friday Dec. 20th?

That is what the Crime online article says.

Depending on her cellular service, the provider at minimum should have been able to determine the tower that received her text message; this would at least put LE in the vicinity of the phone. This would have obviously been much more useful info the night she disappeared...reports are that all calls to the phone go directly to voicemail, indicating the phone has either completely discharged by this point or been deliberately turned off. Modern cellular protocols keep 'phones idling even when not being used. Just my 2d...

The initial LE description that I read early on was two “chunky dark men” which I took to mean more hardbody than fat. It seemed the report was not an “official” release.

In my experience, ‘chunky’ has always been a synonym for ‘fat’. It’s not merely a different way to say ‘hunky’.

Gov. Kay Ivey’s office on Friday announced reward money for information in the disappearance of a 29-year-old Trussville woman.

Paighton Laine Houston vanished one week ago today. She was last seen Dec. 20 at Tin Roof in the 2700 block of Seventh Avenue South. According to Birmingham police, she left the bar about 10:45 p.m. with two heavy-set black males. Sgt. Johnny Williams said it was reported that Houston left the location willingly with the two men.

Ivey is offering $5,000. The governor offered similar rewards in the disappearances of Aniah Blanchard and Kamile “Cupcake” McKinney.

Gov. Kay Ivey offers reward in disappearance of Paighton Houston who vanished after leaving Lakeview bar

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WBRC) - Friday evening, Gov. Kay Ivey issued a $5,000 reward for credible information in the case of missing Trussville woman Paighton Houston. This comes in addition to a $5,000 reward announced by Crime Stoppers earlier the same day.

“Unfortunately, another female is missing in the state of Alabama. The whereabouts of Paighton Laine Houston have been unknown since Friday, December 20. In the midst of the busy holiday season, it is critical that we support Paighton, her family and law enforcement to ensure we do everything possible to bring her home," the governor said in a statement.
Reward money reaches $10K in case of missing Trussville woman

I agree. The reasoning behind her leaving with strangers, is of no consequence. Expectations of safety differ from one person to next. At this point there is little to go on.
The history of drug abuse, may help point PD in the right direction, if in fact that was the case. People in those circles, tend to know each other. The time lapse from 22:45-00:14, is a roadblock. Even if PD has identified, the persons she left with, they could have or there story could easily be, that she was dropped somewhere, and the text may refer to whole other strangers of which we have not video. If there was anything nefarious going on with the strangers she left with, we can all be that the story will not e the truth, and will be of little help in locating her.
Good post -- that's the problem -- she may well have been dropped off by those guys and who knoze what may have happened -- I think that her being dropped off okay by those men is not likely, but certainly it is possible.
And one more thing,

Welcome to Websleuths,
ChuckInHouston !!

I don’t really understand why trafficking always comes up as I have yet to see such a case take that turn. But it always does...unfortunately this sounds too much like the sort of outcome whenever women go missing after a night out...jmo. I hope there is a resolution...far too many missing people are just never found.
Jmo

Why do I have a gut feeling there is a possible OD involved? She POSSIBLY didn't know who she was with. (Sorry not sure if I trust the friend as of yet) and she has that in her past. The individuals she was with could have had ill intentions such as trafficking and most know that they use drugs in order to get the women to comply. If Paighton's health had been that bad before, she had damage that her body was trying to repair and it's possible that if they gave her even a small dose, it could have killed her.
I am NOT saying that is what happened, I am just saying it is an idea. I don't know who she ALLEGEDLY went with. She could have been seen leaving with the 2 male individuals, but they could have taken her to a gas station, dropped her off because a "friend" was going to pick her up there etc. None of us know, that's the thing. The cops are keeping all CCTV close to the vest. Not even the parents have seen the video from the bar. If that poor girl was drugged, there is no telling what happened.
BUT EITHER WAY, what happened in the past doesn't change the fact that she is missing today and her family is heartbroken. I just have way to much detective in me from working with Law Enforcement for 8 years.
Thanks, @KCmetwo, for your insight on this -- yeah, we just don't know anything, really, do we? Her parents must be frantic by now -- I hope they have good family and friends supporting them in this seemingly helpless situation. She could be anywhere or nowhere by this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Double