Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reminder scapa. I want to make sure posters don't think I was victim blaming or shaming, I'm merely saying it's not safe for a man or a woman to to leave a public place with strangers. I'm worried about Paighton and want nothing more than for her to contact her family and say she's safe!!

I also wanted to comment about the concern her sister shared on her fb page today, and I quote she said "this is not like her". I took that to mean, Paighton would not turn off her phone and not get in contact with family or friends. The prior history someone shared is not what I'm worried about. The text message she sent is highly concerning.
Yes, it seems her family is quite adamant that she would never completely go off the grid/become non-responsive, no matter what-IF she was in control of the situation. MOO.

Article describes her tattoos:

Houston has tattoos on both of her arms. On her left arm, she has the word “strength” with the “g” replaced with a semi-colon (stren;th) and an arrow underneath it. On her right arm, near the wrist, Houston has a tattoo with the word “faith,” a friend says.

Paighton Houston Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

Thanks for the reminder scapa. I want to make sure posters don't think I was victim blaming or shaming, I'm merely saying it's not safe for a man or a woman to to leave a public place with strangers. I'm worried about Paighton and want nothing more than for her to contact her family and say she's safe!!

I also wanted to comment about the concern her sister shared on her fb page today, and I quote she said "this is not like her". I took that to mean, Paighton would not turn off her phone and not get in contact with family or friends. The prior history someone shared is not what I'm worried about. The text message she sent is highly concerning.

The text message is so frightening.....especially in conjunction with her silence since the message was sent.

I feel terrible for her family and friends.

Unfortunately we all have a good idea of how most of these cases end...her poor family must be worried sick.

I think when it comes to not leaving with strangers etc, we all think “it won’t happen to me”, which is (sometimes) fatal, flawed thinking.

I know I made lots of poor choices in my early 20’s and am grateful to have survived.

I'm not as pessimistic as most. We usually only hear about the missing cases that end badly.

I'm still trying to understand why someone would text that they may be in trouble?

She may have left to do something like smoke weed with the guys (MOO), which is a super common reason for young adults to leave bars with people they don't know. I wish Paighton had an app such as Noonlight, that would've been spectacularly useful in this situation, but she didn't know what to do and didn't feel like the situation was bad enough to call the cops at that time so she let a trusted friend know she didn't feel safe. I wish she would've had the wherewithal to share her current GPS location with that friend as well. I hope she is found quickly. We're almost at 4 days in with no news, and I'm scared for her.

Unfortunately we all have a good idea of how most of these cases end...her poor family must be worried sick.

I think when it comes to not leaving with strangers etc, we all think “it won’t happen to me”, which is (sometimes) fatal, flawed thinking.

I know I made lots of poor choices in my early 20’s and am grateful to have survived.

BBM- I also made many poor choices in my 20’s and that was 3 decades ago! Looking back, it is a wonder I am still here. So many prayers for Paighton and her family. I just don’t think she would willingly disappear herself at this time of the year. MOO

I'm still trying to understand why someone would text that they may be in trouble?
I'm around her age and my read is: she was probably a bit tipsy and left the bar with some people who seemed nice. Later she started to feel uncomfortable but not so uncomfortable she needed to call 911. She texted her friend to say, hey, I don't know the people I'm with and I'm starting to feel uncomfortable with them, so if I call you for help please pick up.

As a woman, there's nothing unusual about her text, except that she disappeared after she sent it.

There's nothing good about this scenario. A young woman is missing and it is reported that she left a bar with 2 men. Now she's missing after sending a somewhat cryptic text. Quite frankly, I have nothing positive to think about this at all.

Bad decision; questionable decision? It doesn't really matter. She needs to be found because she's in trouble.

I'd like to know if she was with friends or at the bar alone. CCTV?, Video Surveillance? Where is she?

Hoping for a positive outcome but very concerned.

MOO

There's nothing good about this scenario. A young woman is missing and it is reported that she left a bar with 2 men. Now she's missing after sending a somewhat cryptic text. Quite frankly, I have nothing positive to think about this at all.

Bad decision; questionable decision? It doesn't really matter. She needs to be found because she's in trouble.

I'd like to know if she was with friends or at the bar alone. CCTV?, Video Surveillance? Where is she?

Hoping for a positive outcome but very concerned.

MOO
Amen.

Strange text message. Sounds like she was familiar with recreational pharmaceutical subculture. Every time you purchase illegal substances you face the dual risk of being arrested or robbed. Long time users develop a sixth sense about such situations. Somebody who's been there and done that usually knows how to recognize and navigate their way out of sketchy situations.

If she had been clean and sober, possible she went with people she didn't know to score and relapsed. The risk of accidental OD is highest coming out of rehab or off of a sober period. Your tolerance is down. Very risky to dose at the level you did before your clean stint. Also if you're getting gear from a new source you don't know the strength/purity.

That she hasn't accessed funds, as far as we know, suggests that she isn't on a relapse bender. As she'd be withdrawing money constantly to re-up.
Maybe they were doing drugs and she overdosed. They got scared and left her. If that's the case, I hope they will contact police.

I hope LE is/was able to find footage that shows what happened after the three of them left the Tin Roof. Did they walk somewhere? Got into a car? Which direction did they go? I hope they left in a car and LE is able to make out a number. But if they were seen getting into a car wouldn't they have released a description by now and asked the public to report any sightings of it?

Whatever angle I look at it, it doesn't look hopeful. Very worried!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr_Psycho