Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that video, @Gardenista

He's clearly in anguish and just wanted to get it over with since the press won't leave them alone. Whether he faces charges or not, I do believe he's agonizing over having killed someone, and maybe secondarily over his career and over lawsuits to come.

What was interesting to me is how he barked at his wife. Alec is well-known for temper tantrums in all kinds of venues, not just on movie sets, but it's very enlightening IMO to read about how much trouble he and Kim Basinger made way back on "The Marrying Man." He was a young star then, not the superstar he is now, but he's always thrown fits when he's dissatisfied. Even on a plane when he wouldn't turn off the Words with Friends game, in a situation that had zero to do with his career.

Why I think this is germane to the present situation is something I've posted about before. When Alec Baldwin is dissatisfied he makes his displeasure known in no uncertain terms. For him to say this was a "well-oiled machine" on set until the tragedy makes me wonder. He's no rookie and I can't see, IMO, how he didn't notice how disordered everything was, with crew walking out and all.

I'm speculating that this was a quick payday for him, he wanted to get through the shoot ASAP and head home, was not expecting this film to be a box-office hit and didn't care if things were rushed.

I do not think, though, that he is taking lightly the fact that he, Alec Baldwin, killed someone. I believe it is on his conscience and also of course he fears for what punishment may come.

All MOO of course.

Yes, an eventual payday/tax write off for him while his crew hadn't been paid for 3 weeks. It's shocking to me that can happen in this day and age.

Dummy rounds do not have holes in the sides. This has been frequently repeated on this thread. I can’t find a single manufacturer that makes dummy rounds with holes in the sides. They often have large holes at the back of the round, in the location where a primer would normally be. They are often black or orange, and visually differ from live ammunition. There is a type of dummy with no hole in it known as a “snap cap,” which is used for practicing without live ammunition. These have a brass back that can appear similar to regular ammunition, but they have a plastic body with a spring inside.

Blanks are similar to live ammunition in that they have primers and gunpowder. Unless they were removed from the cylinder, it would be difficult to tell them apart from regular live ammunition.
Please go to the other thread, I've posted pictures from a website that sells dummy rounds. They all have holes in the side. I've seen dummy rounds in real life and they've all had this hole. I've seen dummy rounds with a false primer, which I assume is a piece of brass pressed into place. I've also seen the dummy rounds with no primer, as you describe, and I've also seen dummy rounds where the primer is replaced with epoxy or caulk and sanded flat. There are a wide variety of dummy rounds available.

As discussed in last thread, there are also snap caps which have a spring loaded primer which is good for dry firing a gun.

Yes, an eventual payday/tax write off for him while his crew hadn't been paid for 3 weeks. It's shocking to me that can happen in this day and age.

Im surprised he would want to take a chance on a less than qualified crew. Unless he was completely unaware of the reservations of the others who passed on the project. Did he not have a hand in hiring? It doesn’t make sense for a seasoned actor to take these chances.

I can’t see a Spielberg type production getting involved with a compromised cast and crew.

Everyone deserves payment integrity.

Im surprised he would want to take a chance on a less than qualified crew. Unless he was completely unaware of the reservations of the others who passed on the project. Did he not have a hand in hiring? It doesn’t make sense for a seasoned actor to take these chances.

I can’t see a Spielberg type production getting involved with a compromised cast and crew.

Agree and in the interview he just gave he called it a "well-oiled crew". I bet his attorney flipped out over that.

I suppose all of these low budget Netflix films I’ve been watching and enjoying in the comfort of my home are coming at a cost - people not getting paid, extremely poor safety on set. I may think twice about that before I watch again.

Yes, AB has a "right" to go out to dinner. That being said, maybe ordering in would have been the better plan for the next few weeks. This case is very high profile right now.

It also seems somewhat callous and offensive to be enjoying a vacation with family after killing someone. Even accidentally.

Agree and in the interview he just gave he called it a "well-oiled crew". I bet his attorney flipped out over that.
I had the sense that he was talking about his work relationship with Halyna and Joel specifically. Listen again. He was discussing his relationship with her and then the 3 of them being friends.

I don't think they're enjoying a vacation. It seems to me that people go to Vermont to get away from the insanity elsewhere. But the paparazzi brought insanity there, too. He has a right to try to begin healing. I, too, would probably try to get away to the mountains or something.

Once again, I will give AB huge credit here for his composure and willingness to speak at all to the reporter. He is clearly in pain. Halyna was his friend. I loved that Hilaria spoke up when the reporter called her “the woman” and Hilaria said “she has a name - Halyna”.

This is a heartbreaking tragedy.

That was so disrespectful,asking him questions and then saying "I'm sorry,I don't recall her name". Good on Hilaria!.
He seemed genuinely cut up and very protective of Halyna's husband and child and their feelings. No doubt some people will be saying he was just cya mode but I felt like he was just concerned with what happened as opposed to worrying about his career,or his money or his liberty at this point. He looked broken.
I know some have commented on him being harsh with his wife but I felt that he was just trying to let her know it was ok, I don't need protecting, I want to answer if I can. She certainly didn't seem bothered by his words or tone.

Dummy rounds do not have holes in the sides. This has been frequently repeated on this thread. I can’t find a single manufacturer that makes dummy rounds with holes in the sides. They often have large holes at the back of the round, in the location where a primer would normally be. They are often black or orange, and visually differ from live ammunition. There is a type of dummy with no hole in it known as a “snap cap,” which is used for practicing without live ammunition. These have a brass back that can appear similar to regular ammunition, but they have a plastic body with a spring inside.

Blanks are similar to live ammunition in that they have primers and gunpowder. Unless they were removed from the cylinder, it would be difficult to tell them apart from regular live ammunition.

IIRC, one of the experienced armorers I saw interviewed on CNN said the specialized companies who make blanks for Hollywood productions put a stripe across the bottom of the cartridge so it can be easily identified. He mentioned that no armorer or production should ever try to make their own blanks or dummies.

Yes, AB has a "right" to go out to dinner. That being said, maybe ordering in would have been the better plan for the next few weeks. This case is very high profile right now.

It also seems somewhat callous and offensive to be enjoying a vacation with family after killing someone. Even accidentally.

Yes, and who knows how much it cost him to shut down that restaurant last night so they could have private dining. It burns me up he'd flaunt his wealth like that considering he wasn't paying his staff. It's outrageous.

I suppose all of these low budget Netflix films I’ve been watching and enjoying in the comfort of my home are coming at a cost - people not getting paid, extremely poor safety on set. I may think twice about that before I watch again.

I'm beginning to wonder about that, too. It's a shame if those workers are being treated badly and forced to work in unsafe conditions. That's illegal. Our ancestors died on the job in order to win those rights at the workplace.

Conflict with crew is pretty typical. Different personality types. Many Prima Donnas. A lot of drama. So it could be the situation was viewed as just another day at work.

Moo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members