DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

BeckyF

Reaction score
Alec Baldwin discharged gun in incident that killed cinematographer

A helicopter transported cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42, to the University of New Mexico Hospital, where she was pronounced dead by medical personnel, according to the Santa Fe County Sheriff’s Office. The director, 42-year-old Joel Souza, was transported via ambulance to Christus St. Vincent’s hospital and is receiving emergency treatment for his injuries.

"According to investigators it appears that the scene being filmed involved the use of a prop firearm when it was discharged," a release from the sheriff's office said. "Detectives are investigating how and what type of projectile was discharged."

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3

Last edited by a moderator:
Mod Note:

What AB’s Spouse shares with the media can be discussed. However, she is not a POI in a case. That limits discussion of her to only what is stated in the MSM article. Several posts have been removed this evening for personal comments that fall outside that scope.

Thanks for helping us keep this thread in line with the TOS that cover all threads on the WS Platform.

Tiff

'Rust' cameraman calls armorer's sabotage allegations 'dangerous' and 'irresponsible'

... former camera crew department head Lane Luper rejected the suggestion that someone intentionally planted live rounds of ammunition into the box of dummy rounds that armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed used to load the prop gun fired by star Alec Baldwin. “If they have any evidence of that, they should be talking to the sheriff and not morning television shows,” Luper said, referring to multiple TV interviews Gutierrez Reed’s lawyers gave Wednesday.
“It’s dangerous, and it’s an irresponsible theory to put out on TV.” ...

Many of these folks form small limited liability corps to protect their assets. They also will shelter money off shore.
And... in the increasingly dis-United States of America, they may be sheltering money right here in the U.S. . Some states have created various Domestic Asset Protection Trusts as a means to attract investment.
Domestic Asset Protection Trusts - American Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys

Some limited restrictions do apply- but they are not called "Protection Trusts" for no reason. Likewise, as they are in the US, they are subject to US Court orders- providing the order complies with all needed legal requirements.

But.... again, as they are advertised "protection trusts", they are evidently legally engineered in such ways that make it increasingly difficult for a Court order to meet all the needed requirements.

Last edited:
My guess is that Mr. Baldwin (like most other celebrities and very wealthy folks) has created shelters for the vast majority of his wealth. Family trusts are a great way to shelter as is creating llcs for each project and keeping very limited cash flow in the llc that would be associated with income on this project.

I see him as a big pocket in this so he will be a target of a lawsuit but I don't think this is going to be a lawsuit that targets his personal wealth. If he followed the standards for acting with a fire arm and didn't go beyond the bounds of his training or ignore the safety manual regarding his own actions, I don't think he will be held personally accountable. As a producer, I think he and the company will be the target of a lawsuit. There has to be a huge liability policy, D and O insurance, and umbrellas to cover these folks. No personal or corporate lawyer would let him or anyone else set up a company and not have sufficient coverage. I see people on here really wanting to make sure that Mr. Baldwin becomes the target or fall guy for this but if he followed the rule book for what he does on set as an actor in scenes with a gun and didn't go beyond that capacity or boundary, he won't be able to be the primary target. (And, I think it would be a mistake to go after him rather than the two employees and the production company because it is so much easier to prove liability there --if not just criminality). Additionally, if criminal charges are filed (and successful) against these individuals or anyone else who utilized those guns or brought live ammo on the set, then, it will be almost impossible to go after Mr. Baldwin personally---especially if he doesn't have criminal charges filed against him. JMHO.

I think his liability comes in as producer, not actor.

And in light of your excellent comment, I wanted to post a bit about the financials of this tragic attempt to make...something (it's not a film, the cast keeps calling it a show - I guess it was a movie).

Alec Baldwin made $250,000 as salary from Rust. $150,000 as actor, $100,000 as producer. Additionally, there was a $5000 budget to transport him and other set elites by helicopter when they had to fly in and out of ABQ. (Several sources - the financials were released yesterday).

Rust was never meant for the Big Screen. I heard early on that it was "for Netflix," but it turns out that is just Baldwin PR spin - that was the hope and it probably would have come true. But there was no deal and no liability for a truly Big Pocket.

The team behind Rust chose not to get the usual film insurance package. (NYTimes - excellent article if you haven't used up your monthly views).

Anyway, I don't care how many LLC's Alec has, or how he's trying to manage his money. He has very little current cash flow. He's washed up, he's not going to get any big budget productions ever again and he'll be lucky if he gets to play an aging grandpa character in some TV show. IMO.

He's going to be sued. And possibly sued in several directions (the LLC's and himself personally) and by different persons. In addition to two wrongful death plaintiffs, there could be a personal injury complaint or two. Emotional distress complaints, Etc. And whether or not he ever loses in court, there are some big lawyers involved (especially in that wrongful death suit) who will keep Alec in court until he breaks and forks up money - or goes bankrupt. I do not believe any personal umbrella policy is going to pay all of his attorney's fees. He's going to have to pony up money from somewhere and regardless of where he's hidden it, his attorney is going to want cold, hard cash.

That's because, unlike a plaintiff's attorney (who works on contingency in California), a defendant's attorney wants cash up front. And it's going to take a lot of cash.

If you read the articles above, you'll learn that in addition to not insuring the movie in the regular fashion, the producers decided to ensure only themselves for a loss of up to $350,000. This is not going to play well in court. And regardless of the ultimate outcome, there will be extraordinary discovery into Baldwin's financial situation, if there's a penny to be found, it will be found. If ultimately, it turns out the judgment is not collected (possible, Alec may not have much cash), every check written to him or to one of the entities he owns, will go to the plaintiffs (that's the average scenario). He and Hilaria would be wise to separate their liabilities and assets completely right now (divorce; put money in various trusts for Alec, Hilaria and the 7 children).

The Baldwins pay their nannies approximately $100,000 a year (two make more than that), but the nannies still quit frequently. It's often a 24 hour job, so that's understandable. But they have aimed to have 8 full time nannies over the past 8 years, usually managing to have around 7 at a time. Two of those nannies live in one of the three interconnected Baldwin apartments in Manhattan (when they're there), along with the 6 younger children. Alec and Hilaria each have their own separate apartments. The total square footage is quite large. They're advertising for one right now. These live-in nannies make more than the others, but the others come in daily and on the weekends, and travel with them to the Hamptons.

I know it sounds like I'm obsessed with the Baldwins, but during the pandemic for some unknown reason, I comforted myself by doing lots of online fieldwork, having no where else to go. I got interested in the Baldwins, Hilaria's cultural appropriation (relevant to what I teach), and then, the very public upbringing of their children. I am from the opposite coast, although I've been to New York, it's still something of a foreign culture to me. And the Baldwin family subcultures (Alec and his brothers) could fill an anthropologist's notebook for...years.

So I predict that Alec will be fighting with his own liability insurer (who will prevail - but he'll still have to find an attorney to pry as much money as possible out of them), his colleagues (the other producers, none of whom are as wealthy as Alec and some of whom may sue him to try and show facts that he made the dreadful decision to have a part time armorer and no set security 24 hours a day - the plinking stories are going to sink him and the other producers - so the other producers are going to settle rapidly and that's not where the Big Attorney is going to focus his energy).

The Big Attorney now has a case of spectacular national interest and he knows it. Alec knows it too. Tabloids know it. NYTimes knows it.

At any rate, as linked above, there is no huge liability policy for Rust. $350,000 isn't going to cover this.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/10/28/business/media/alec-baldwin-shooting-rust-producers.html

Anyway, I don't care how many LLC's Alec has, or how he's trying to manage his money. He has very little current cash flow. He's washed up, he's not going to get any big budget productions ever again and he'll be lucky if he gets to play an aging grandpa character in some TV show. IMO

I agree with every single thing you wrote, except for this paragraph.
IMO he's still a huge name in the industry. I despise him as a person, even prior to this, but I do think he's a great actor. He already had a miserable reputation as a human being but could name his price for a movie and was always welcome on SNL.

I think he did Rust as a passion project. Without him this would be a much smaller story, even though Halyna's loss would have been just as awful.

He could make some kind of movie or TV show with his nephew Justin Bieber and that would bring him an entirely different audience.

Yes he has three apartments in one building in the Village, (Greenwich Village) and I think the Hamptons and multiple other properties, but if Hilaria's name is on it I don't think that can be touched.

All jmo

And whether or not he ever loses in court, there are some big lawyers involved (especially in that wrongful death suit) who will keep Alec in court until he breaks and forks up money - or goes bankrupt.

How "heavy hitting" the personal injury attorneys are do not really matter.

Go to their website. You will notice that they list alot of multi million dollar verdicts- icnluding a night clu brasting for 120 million dollars. You will also notice that they give absolutely no information as to how much was actually collected from these verdicts (govt. settlements are another matter).

In the end, AB holds the final card:

AB has enough resources to file appeals. They don't have to be good ones- they just need to be filed. Once filed, they delay things for years- and can be followed by another appeal.

More importantly, Baldwin has enough resources to efficiently transfer assets.

I am thinking:

- Offer an early settlement.

- Set a descent but not insane budget for attorneys. 25% is for personal injury defense for appeals. Dont even worry about the verdict- yawn. AB can file appeals with out an attorney. He only needs to get it accepted, not win.

75%, however, goes to very good asset protection attorneys. No DIY in this area- at all.

- No amount of heavy hitting injury guys is going to get the Court to assist in debt collection of the verdict. Rather, the plaintiffs will first have to find the assets, then establish that they can be legally seized.

- Even if found, the courts of asset protection friendly countries don't care about heavy hitting U.S. Personal Injury attorneys either. Uncle Sam will not help either.

- Of course, AB continues to live in NYC. Evidently, in NY, homes cannot be seized for a judgement if the spouse also resides there.

In short.... AB is a hard target.

Last edited:
Maybe I’m being a Pollyanna, but I feel like AB will offer a very solid and generous financial settlement to Halyna’s family, and they will close the civil action privately. I truly believe he is genuinely in pain, and wants to, and will, do right by them.

My guess is that Mr. Baldwin (like most other celebrities and very wealthy folks) has created shelters for the vast majority of his wealth. Family trusts are a great way to shelter as is creating llcs for each project and keeping very limited cash flow in the llc that would be associated with income on this project.

I see him as a big pocket in this so he will be a target of a lawsuit but I don't think this is going to be a lawsuit that targets his personal wealth. If he followed the standards for acting with a fire arm and didn't go beyond the bounds of his training or ignore the safety manual regarding his own actions, I don't think he will be held personally accountable. As a producer, I think he and the company will be the target of a lawsuit. There has to be a huge liability policy, D and O insurance, and umbrellas to cover these folks. No personal or corporate lawyer would let him or anyone else set up a company and not have sufficient coverage. I see people on here really wanting to make sure that Mr. Baldwin becomes the target or fall guy for this but if he followed the rule book for what he does on set as an actor in scenes with a gun and didn't go beyond that capacity or boundary, he won't be able to be the primary target. (And, I think it would be a mistake to go after him rather than the two employees and the production company because it is so much easier to prove liability there --if not just criminality). Additionally, if criminal charges are filed (and successful) against these individuals or anyone else who utilized those guns or brought live ammo on the set, then, it will be almost impossible to go after Mr. Baldwin personally---especially if he doesn't have criminal charges filed against him. JMHO.

But Mr Baldwin still has to pay attorney's fees for all of that. Just in your post, you mention that he might have more than one entity that could be sued. He surely can be sued personally. He could face criminal charges. He has this small issue of not buying non-completion insurance and having borrowed $6M from 3 entities, all of which will sue.

While he may have his money hidden, for the next few years, he's going to need cash to pay for attorneys...attorneys want cold, hard cash. Up front.

Whether or not he was personally responsible for anything, he will face litigation to determine that - as each plaintiff has the right to have a determination made in some way, in court. If he tries to settle it all out of court, he needs cash - so where ever he has it, he's going to have to get it out and spend it, because when the settlement is filed in court, they want...cold, hard, cash. I suppose some kind of structured settlement is possible (but if he fails to keep his annual obligations, he'll be sued again, more attorneys fees).

I don't think one attorney will be able to handle all of the lawsuits (I predict two main types of lawsuit, and at least 7 different plaintiffs; possibly more). Some in New Mexico (some of the funds were loaned to the production by a company that gambles on collecting New Mexico film incentive taxes later - but since the film will never be completed, those funds will never come to that company - and that company will sue, because the production companies on Rust didn't buy insurance for non-completion. Turns out that was a big mistake.

So there are 3 different financial groups that put $7M at risk; there's probably still some money in the post-production accounts, which will be wrangled over and ultimately given back - but each of those 3 groups are now experiencing losses and they have every right to sue AB (for various things, but mostly on the cause of mismanagement of their investment funds).

Who, besides AB, is going to pay AB's lawyers' fees? The law firm in California that's handling the HH wrongful death suit is enormous and can put years of resources into this case and make AB's life financially miserable. That particular firm has every reason to want to take this all the way to trial, IMO. Just responding to discovery, all by itself, is going to take hours and hours of AB's attorneys' time (and the high hourly fees include the 2-3 paralegals and 1-2 secretaries that each lawyer has - so it's not at all a stretch to think the bill will be about $600 an hour or more...) Adds up fast when there are several lawsuits. The financial deals appear to have been inked in California and New Mexico. I wouldn't be surprised if the ranch owner (is it the State of NM?) sues him too (apparently there were some props on the ranch that were damaged by the crew of Rust - via plinking).

I agree with every single thing you wrote, except for this paragraph.
IMO he's still a huge name in the industry. I despise him as a person, even prior to this, but I do think he's a great actor. He already had a miserable reputation as a human being but could name his price for a movie and was always welcome on SNL.

I think he did Rust as a passion project. Without him this would be a much smaller story, even though Halyna's loss would have been just as awful.

He could make some kind of movie or TV show with his nephew Justin Bieber and that would bring him an entirely different audience.

Yes he has three apartments in one building in the Village, (Greenwich Village) and I think the Hamptons and multiple other properties, but if Hilaria's name is on it I don't think that can be touched.

All jmo

I think you are misunderstanding me. Long before a judgment is entered, Alec Baldwin is going to face enormous legal costs. Easily in the millions. Sorry for all these lengthy posts, but I find this aspect of any case to be fascinating. I was almost a lawyer (went to law school, found I liked anthropology better, but worked in a plaintiff's firm for 20 years, and worked in corporate and energy law while in grad school - as a paralegal). So, now I'm an armchair lawyer and quite happy to be one.

I am not yet interested in eventual satisfaction of the judgment (although the court can certainly put an encumbrance on his half of their real estate, so that when Alec dies, Hilaria cannot sell the apartments and get 100% of it - she'll get 50% of it, which for her, may be a lot - she can live elsewhere).

I am interested in the next 2-3 years of litigation and where, exactly, AB is going to get the cash to pay for his attorneys and court costs. I do not think he'll work on a major project. This was a vanity project. It was also a bit of a grift, as Alec borrowed money from other people to pay himself (and everyone else). He did that as part of agreements to provide those same people with a finished product. One of the guarantors has already sold distribution rights for $2M and now has to give that $2M back to yet another entity. It's all a house of cards, and it has fallen.

Now, you are probably a nice person who, if you had paid $2M to distribute a film that doesn't exist, you'd want your money back. If the entity that you bought the rights from has no insurance and doesn't give back the $2M (because they've already spent it making half a movie), you might not sue.

But that's not what Hollywood is like. One of the lenders is an international movie investment firm, who sells shares in movies to investors - so it will have the funds to cover the losses to their clients (the shareholders). But, the Board of that company isn't going to take that lying down, nor should they. Overall, their profits and bottom line are affected by someone walking off with $2M and not providing the required movie (or refund).

While it may be the case that none of these companies can touch Alec's real estate holdings, he still has to pay lawyers to deal with all of this. In cash.

The cash has to come from somewhere. He may have to sell something or dissolve something. When he and Howard Stern spoke about these issues about 5 years ago (Howard couldn't believe that Alec was having so many kids, as Howard is hugely rich and wants to leave his wife and daughters lots and lots of money, Alec said he had the same aim, but was only at 10% of what was needed - and that was before he had 3 more children). So the lifestyle that Alec leads needs cash. He needs a lot of cash. I hope he has a lot stashed somewhere - because his income this year is not going to be huge. The lawsuits will cause close examination of how he spends his money (charging off all airfare to a production company that itself owes millions to investors is not going to look right...)

Maybe I’m being a Pollyanna, but I feel like AB will offer a very solid and generous financial settlement to Halyna’s family, and they will close the civil action privately. I truly believe he is genuinely in pain, and wants to, and will, do right by them.

I dont think you are being Pollyann'ish at all and think you have a good assesment.

But..... what AB considers to be a "very solid and generous financial settlement" and what the personal injury firm feels to be one can be very different things.
This can lead to things going south..... .
I am interested in the next 2-3 years of litigation and where, exactly, AB is going to get the cash to pay for his attorneys and court costs...)
He does not need to make an active defense against the heavy hitters and the inevitable verdict ( yawn, but good for law firm hype advertising).

AB just walk away from it all and accept a default judgement- with out any criminal penalty. Alot of injury defendants do just that. But... I bet he appears- tokenly. Not doing so would be a PR disaster.

In the end, the real battle is going to be over the collection. That is where AB- and a good asset defense attorney hold all the cards.

Last edited:
Lots of interesting insights in that interview. Here is what he observed of HGR:

What was your experience of working with armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed?

She just came across as incredibly overworked and inexperienced. She was on her second show. She had a department of three people on a show where everybody had a gun. It’s a Western. It’s a prop-heavy show, and the department was three inexperienced people. It’s fine on a Tier One [low-budget production] to have inexperienced people, but your department heads shouldn’t be, or people handling firearms shouldn’t be. It seemed like she was also under a lot of pressure to rush, rush, rush, rush, rush, rush, rush.

(...)

Alec Baldwin Rust Movie Shooting: Crew Member Interview on Safety – The Hollywood Reporter

We can mourn Halyna Hutchins and still recognize Alec Baldwin's suffering

It may be tempting for some to criticize Baldwin, but experts say this is an oversimplification of a complex incident.

"We have enough compassion in our hearts that we can not only mourn for Halyna, but also recognize the suffering and despair that Baldwin may well be experiencing," Gray advises. "We can acknowledge great harm has been done and hold people accountable, yet we can also recognize he didn't intend harm and that he may be suffering from psychological despair."

Ching says everyone on set is likely traumatized from witnessing the unexpected death, but instead of pointing fingers and speculating who's responsible, we should show empathy and compassion.

"We live in a culture that loves to critique for sport," says Ching. "We want to have blame and have people pay, and we do need justice and accountability. But if we don't have empathy and compassion along with it, we're just going to continue piling on the ruthlessness we're seeing in our culture today."

"Compassion especially towards ourself and others is an essential catalyst to heal pain and transform the shame we feel when we experience tragedy."

'Rust' shooting: Alec Baldwin and the trauma of unintentional killing

But Mr Baldwin still has to pay attorney's fees for all of that. Just in your post, you mention that he might have more than one entity that could be sued. He surely can be sued personally. He could face criminal charges. He has this small issue of not buying non-completion insurance and having borrowed $6M from 3 entities, all of which will sue.

While he may have his money hidden, for the next few years, he's going to need cash to pay for attorneys...attorneys want cold, hard cash. Up front.

Whether or not he was personally responsible for anything, he will face litigation to determine that - as each plaintiff has the right to have a determination made in some way, in court. If he tries to settle it all out of court, he needs cash - so where ever he has it, he's going to have to get it out and spend it, because when the settlement is filed in court, they want...cold, hard, cash. I suppose some kind of structured settlement is possible (but if he fails to keep his annual obligations, he'll be sued again, more attorneys fees).

I don't think one attorney will be able to handle all of the lawsuits (I predict two main types of lawsuit, and at least 7 different plaintiffs; possibly more). Some in New Mexico (some of the funds were loaned to the production by a company that gambles on collecting New Mexico film incentive taxes later - but since the film will never be completed, those funds will never come to that company - and that company will sue, because the production companies on Rust didn't buy insurance for non-completion. Turns out that was a big mistake.

So there are 3 different financial groups that put $7M at risk; there's probably still some money in the post-production accounts, which will be wrangled over and ultimately given back - but each of those 3 groups are now experiencing losses and they have every right to sue AB (for various things, but mostly on the cause of mismanagement of their investment funds).

Who, besides AB, is going to pay AB's lawyers' fees? The law firm in California that's handling the HH wrongful death suit is enormous and can put years of resources into this case and make AB's life financially miserable. That particular firm has every reason to want to take this all the way to trial, IMO. Just responding to discovery, all by itself, is going to take hours and hours of AB's attorneys' time (and the high hourly fees include the 2-3 paralegals and 1-2 secretaries that each lawyer has - so it's not at all a stretch to think the bill will be about $600 an hour or more...) Adds up fast when there are several lawsuits. The financial deals appear to have been inked in California and New Mexico. I wouldn't be surprised if the ranch owner (is it the State of NM?) sues him too (apparently there were some props on the ranch that were damaged by the crew of Rust - via plinking).

This was posted previously here, although I don’t fully understand the tax incentives involved (bbm):

“In public appearances, Salveson has sometimes appeared to take credit for originating the use of Section 181 financing. In 2017, she appeared on a panel at Cannes with Kessler as the moderator.

“When I created this financial model, I thought is there a way to make it so that the profits of the film are not what defines whether the investor makes money or not?” she said at the time. “With 181, it doesn’t matter whether the film is fully completed. The investor still gets their benefit on day one.”

'Rust' Tragedy Raises Questions on Indie Producers' Lack of Experience - Variety

I’m not sure exactly how it works, but there were state and federal tax incentives involved, according to the article. That may be why they didn’t purchase completion insurance—the investors’ money was relatively safe.

Alec Baldwin's complicated life away from the cameras

Basically just a review of AB's hateful behavior in the past, but this is new

Plus, one staffer on “Rust” who wishes to remain anonymous says he witnessed similar behavior on set.

“He’s a frustrating person,” the staffer told the television show “People.” “Like, he would do long rehearsals. I remember at one point he was cussing at the younger co-star. I was, like, ‘Oh wow, this guy’s difficult.’

“He was micromanaging to where, you know, he wants these shots, he’s telling the director what to do. So I feel like the director and the DP were annoyed and frustrated with him on set, as well.”

This was posted previously here, although I don’t fully understand the tax incentives involved (bbm):

“In public appearances, Salveson has sometimes appeared to take credit for originating the use of Section 181 financing. In 2017, she appeared on a panel at Cannes with Kessler as the moderator.

“When I created this financial model, I thought is there a way to make it so that the profits of the film are not what defines whether the investor makes money or not?” she said at the time. “With 181, it doesn’t matter whether the film is fully completed. The investor still gets their benefit on day one.”

'Rust' Tragedy Raises Questions on Indie Producers' Lack of Experience - Variety

I’m not sure exactly how it works, but there were state and federal tax incentives involved, according to the article. That may be why they didn’t purchase completion insurance—the investors’ money was relatively safe.

That was one set of investors. Let's see if the State of New Mexico agrees that it was all on the up and up. That's what I mean about this case - it could go lots of different directions. Let's say that the State of New Mexico looks at what happened and says, "Yup, we made a mistake in giving those folks a bunch of money - and then they didn't even spend it all here in NM! And the movie isn't even going to showcase our beautiful state!" Next person says "Well, we ought to sue 'em for mismanagement of our resources, by having illegal activities on the set - they had live rounds! We have to do this big ole investigation - this was negligence on the part of that darned movie company!"

Nothing would surprise me in this case...and I hope AB isn't surprised if a lot of things start falling down around him. Because if I was the People of the State of New Mexico, I'd be miffed.

It may be tempting for some to criticize Baldwin, but experts say this is an oversimplification of a complex incident.

"We have enough compassion in our hearts that we can not only mourn for Halyna, but also recognize the suffering and despair that Baldwin may well be experiencing," Gray advises. "We can acknowledge great harm has been done and hold people accountable, yet we can also recognize he didn't intend harm and that he may be suffering from psychological despair."

Ching says everyone on set is likely traumatized from witnessing the unexpected death, but instead of pointing fingers and speculating who's responsible, we should show empathy and compassion.

"We live in a culture that loves to critique for sport," says Ching. "We want to have blame and have people pay, and we do need justice and accountability. But if we don't have empathy and compassion along with it, we're just going to continue piling on the ruthlessness we're seeing in our culture today."

"Compassion especially towards ourself and others is an essential catalyst to heal pain and transform the shame we feel when we experience tragedy."

I do get that part (in fact I've written to Alec and so far not been banned from his presence - because I do have compassion for him personally).

And I'm actually very sad that this happened to him in particular - but, as usual, I'm far more interested in how and why it happened, and what the legal and cultural consequences are.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:

This, a thousand times. "Ruthlessness" is a very good word for what I've seen play out in various places. Empathy is hard for some and it's all too easy to get sucked into a pack mentality and collectively go for the throat.

I agree with you, BTW, that it's likely he will quietly offer a decent settlement and it might end there as far as civil action (with Baldwin). I suspect that the civil actions in this won't actually take over the news, although any criminal action definitely will.

Hoping for peace for all who were traumatized by this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member