Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't just human safety that was ignored. From an op-ed by the President of American Humane in the Albuquerque Journal yesterday:

“Rust” failed to include American Humane safety representatives on its set to monitor the well-being of the animals participating in the filming process. This complete lack of concern for the animals present should have been a resounding harbinger of the overall indifference that plagued the set and ultimately resulted in a tragic and preventable loss of life.

Safety culture? Safety culture? We don't need no stinking safety culture :-(

Alec Baldwin insists he will be owed an apology after the district attorney releases a report on the fatal shooting on the set of his film ‘Rust‘.
The actor, 64, made the statement as he continues to speak out about his apparent innocence in the shooting tragedy that saw a firearm in Baldwin’s hand kill cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42.

When a Twitter user accused Baldwin of not taking responsibility for the shooting, he responded by saying: “When the DA’s report comes out, you can apologise to me.”

I posted an article, way upstream in past threads, about the weird type of insurance taken out on this film.

There was insurance taken out, that pays the investors, even if the film is never finished or released. The article was explaining that it was a trend---a new type of insurance, which makes it more likely an investor would put up $ for an indie film.

So I would be very interested to see if AB had that same type of insurance or not.

The article was saying that this new type of insurance might be as problem because it leaves some people vulnerable and others whole.

It has been reported in Variety and other places that Completion Insurance was not taken out on this film. Only general liability and only $2M.

So that gives one reason why the producers want to finish it

This was quite revealing.
Thanks for finding this.

A few takeaways (I'm only half through):

Zachry appears to be a sober and mature individual. Worked as a cardiac tech in a hospital, hard job to keep if you're a flake.

Authority and responsibility relationships were informal and uncertain.

No safety culture or safety management on the set to speak of. No "buddy system," checklists, or other procedures. Safety briefings seemed to consist of things like "there's going to be shooting. Protect your eyes and ears." and "look out for horses."

Dummies and blanks were essentially uncontrolled: multiple storage locations (bag, bin, box, fanny pack), no logs, counts, or inventory checks.

The accidental discharge of the blank by Zachry was the direct result of her loading the weapon with six rather than five rounds, so there was a blank under the hammer when she was lowering it with the trigger pulled. Basic safety for a weapon of this type is to have an empty chamber under the hammer when reloading. She didn't seem, even at the time of the interview, to understand the significance of the procedure she used. So either nobody taught her how to do it safely or she wasn't paying attention (which I doubt).

I still don't understand how the production could run out of dummy rounds in the middle of filming. It's not like they're consumables.

Thanks for finding this.

A few takeaways (I'm only half through):

Zachry appears to be a sober and mature individual. Worked as a cardiac tech in a hospital, hard job to keep if you're a flake.

Authority and responsibility relationships were informal and uncertain.

No safety culture or safety management on the set to speak of. No "buddy system," checklists, or other procedures. Safety briefings seemed to consist of things like "there's going to be shooting. Protect your eyes and ears." and "look out for horses."

Dummies and blanks were essentially uncontrolled: multiple storage locations (bag, bin, box, fanny pack), no logs, counts, or inventory checks.

The accidental discharge of the blank by Zachry was the direct result of her loading the weapon with six rather than five rounds, so there was a blank under the hammer when she was lowering it with the trigger pulled. Basic safety for a weapon of this type is to have an empty chamber under the hammer when reloading. She didn't seem, even at the time of the interview, to understand the significance of the procedure she used. So either nobody taught her how to do it safely or she wasn't paying attention (which I doubt).

I still don't understand how the production could run out of dummy rounds in the middle of filming. It's not like they're consumables.
Are dummy rounds able to be reused repeatedly?

This was quite revealing.
That crime circus channel also has the interview with SK.

He seems desperate to pin it on HGR. When they ask him if he supplied the bullet he's evasive and keeps saying it doesn't matter because every bullet should be treated as a live bullet and she didn't do her job properly.

"Hilaria Baldwin has made an impassioned plea to the 'enemies' of her husband Alec Baldwin to stop attacking him over last year's shooting death of cinematographer and blamed them for actively seeking to 'destroy' the actor's reputation."

"Hilaria Baldwin has made an impassioned plea to the 'enemies' of her husband Alec Baldwin to stop attacking him over last year's shooting death of cinematographer and blamed them for actively seeking to 'destroy' the actor's reputation."

Just when I thought she was finished! LOL
;)
:rolleyes::cool:

LOL, he had nothing to do with destroying his own reputation. Nothing at all. :rolleyes:

Alec Baldwin insists he will be owed an apology after the district attorney releases a report on the fatal shooting on the set of his film ‘Rust‘.
The actor, 64, made the statement as he continues to speak out about his apparent innocence in the shooting tragedy that saw a firearm in Baldwin’s hand kill cinematographer Halyna Hutchins, 42.

When a Twitter user accused Baldwin of not taking responsibility for the shooting, he responded by saying: “When the DA’s report comes out, you can apologise to me.”
Classic Narc move…caught doing wrong (wrong is understatement here)
then Narc expects an apology.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members