Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as how women are rare in her line of work, she should've looked upon it more responsibly if she cared about her career, reputation, etc. imo.
RSBM
I don't think HG being female has any relevance to this situation, no matter who is culpable. Nor do I think she has a special responsibility to represent women in her field.

She does bare responsibility for any professional malfeasance that can be proven to have occurred on this set. But then, so would a man in the same position if negligent in preventing injury or death.

JMO

RSBM
I don't think HG being female has any relevance to this situation, no matter who is culpable. Nor do I think she has a special responsibility to represent women in her field.

She does bare responsibility for any professional malfeasance that can be proven to have occurred on this set. But then, so would a man in the same position if negligent in preventing injury or death.

JMO
Whether it has any relevance or not, wasn't my point. I was referring to HGR's statement as heard in the previously released and posted videos when she said, "She then adds: 'I'm the only female armorer in the game and I just *advertiser censored*ked up my whole entire career' before calling herself a '*advertiser censored*king failure.', as quoted in articles as well. HGR seemed concerned about her career, her having achieved the distinction of being apparently the only female in that profession, which she believed would now be thrown out.

Released But Not MSM-Published??? Or?
New Mexico sheriff releases 'Rust' shooting case files, no decision on charges yet
Santa Fe County Sheriff Adan Mendoza,... said in a written statement on Monday that all files connected to the investigation were being made public... files included body-worn and dashboard cameras, crime scene photos, reports, witness interviews and other material.
bbm sbm
Oh wow, that's a really big screw up by the sheriff.
ETA, I wish someone would release all of the investigative files.
@Gardenista Yes, I wish the same.
Have I missed MSM links to the Sheriff's investigation file contents (other than some vid's & photos) here in the thread? Or has Sheriff not released all yet?
Anyone?

Santa Fe County Sheriff.
These small town law enforcement types are often way out of their league in major crime investigations and prosecutions. Look what happened over in the Morphew case.
@GatorFL Thanks for your post. Iirc he's 48 y/o. Some background:*

"A Democrat, Mendoza will run in the June 2022 primary.
In a news release, Mendoza, 48, noted some of the challenges the Sheriff's Office faced and overcame during the coronavirus pandemic and touted the expansion of a sex offender registration program, among other items.
"
"Mendoza's career in law enforcement began at the Sheriff’s Office in 1998, where he served for 18 years before retirement. He worked as a substitute teacher and coached high school football until his election in 2018. He also holds a bachelor’s degree in criminology from the University of New Mexico." bbm

His Linkedin.com page lists his ^LE
experience and this:**
"Co Owner/ Outfitter
Medicine Bow Big Game Hunts
Jan 2008 - Dec 2013. 6 years
Santa Fe New Mexico
Outfitted and guided big game hunts in New Mexico. Provided, shared and enjoyed sucessful hunting experiences with many people from around the country.
" bbm

Just a very quick search.

Released But Not MSM-Published??? Or?
bbm sbm
@Gardenista Yes, I wish the same.
Have I missed MSM links to the Sheriff's investigation file contents (other than some vid's & photos) here in the thread? Or has Sheriff not released all yet?
Anyone?

They've all been released, but the media is only letting us see what they want us to see.

I think it's important to remember that the Sheriff, and the people who elect him, are much more concerned with the capture of drug-driven violent criminals who are likely to reoffend than a possible case of criminal negligence in circumstances that probably will never be repeated. That setting of priorities may not be comfortable for everyone but when faced with limited resources and a Fentanyl epidemic it most likely will appear realistic to the majority of his constituency.

I think it's important to remember that the Sheriff, and the people who elect him, are much more concerned with the capture of drug-driven violent criminals who are likely to reoffend than a possible case of criminal negligence in circumstances that probably will never be repeated. That setting of priorities may not be comfortable for everyone but when faced with limited resources and a Fentanyl epidemic it most likely will appear realistic to the majority of his constituency.
Murder>Manslaughter>Overdoses>Negligent Homicide?

Murder>Manslaughter>Overdoses>Negligent Homicide?

Pretty much the way it works in practice, provided you replace "Overdoses" with "Distribution." Add in uncertainty of conviction and the priority drops even further. And right now two large fires are approaching a town of 13,000 in the area. Local services have other things to deal with; they can be forgiven if they let the civil system handle it.

Pretty much the way it works in practice, provided you replace "Overdoses" with "Distribution." Add in uncertainty of conviction and the priority drops even further. And right now two large fires are approaching a town of 13,000 in the area. Local services have other things to deal with; they can be forgiven if they let the civil system handle it.
I'm sure Halyna's family don't feel that way.

Addressing HH's Death. Multiple Ways?
I'm sure Halyna's family don't feel that way.
@GatorFL Agreeing w you re Halyna's family's feelings.

First, this post is not about my personal views on actions of AB, anyone else on the set, exec's w Rust prod. co., et al. Just commenting about the means by which our US legal system may address a death like this.

3 possible means w'in our judicial system.

Her husband filed a wrongful death action against multiple def's iirc to address that in civil court for $ damages. ATM, that final outcome is unknown.

NM's OSHB a regulatory agency overseeing workplace safety in the state already issued citations, imposed $ penalties against the Rust production co. which employed ppl as actors, crew members. ATM that final outcome is unknown.*

Another means: criminal prosecution. As @DI_Isokawa pointed out, "local services" esp'ly LE among others have a full plate. Has LE gathered sufficient evd to present to prosecutor? Will they? Does dist. atty. think so? Will the st. prosecute anyone for criminal offenses causing HH's homicide, for (JS?) injuries? If prosecution ensues, will jury/ judge's decisions ending in imprisonment, probation? ATM that final outcome is unknown.

A non-judicial route thru our fed or state legislative branches: bills may be introduced, resulting in statutes (drafted to attempt) to regulate firearms handling on-set.

In some situations, ppl want all of the above to go full blast to address a death or injuries. but that seldom happens. Sad, sad, sad, but hard to be patient. my2ct.

I hope HH's husband & family can find some comfort in one or more of the above. Or they may find solace in their faith about final after life outcome of those responsible for her death.

Last edited:
Editing my ^ post
Addressing HH's Death. Multiple Ways?
@GatorFL Agreeing w you re Halyna's family's feelings.

First, this post is not about my personal views on actions of AB, anyone else on the set, exec's w Rust prod. co., et al. Just commenting about the means by which our US legal system may address a death like this.

3 2 possible means w'in judicial system.

Her husband filed a wrongful death action against multiple def's iirc to address that in civil court for $ damages. ATM, that final outcome is unknown.

Another means: criminal prosecution. As @DI_Isokawa pointed out, "local services" esp'ly LE among others have a full plate. Has LE gathered sufficient evd to present to prosecutor? Will they? Does dist. atty. think so? Will the st. prosecute anyone for criminal offenses causing HH's homicide, for (JS?) injuries? If prosecution ensues, will jury/ judge's decisions ending in imprisonment, probation? ATM that final outcome is unknown.

1 in Executive Branch.
NM's OSHB a regulatory agency
overseeing workplace safety in the state already issued citations, imposed $ penalties against the Rust production co. which employed ppl as actors, crew members. ATM that final outcome is unknown.*

And 1 in Fed or state legislative branches: bills may be introduced, resulting in statutes (drafted to attempt) to regulate firearms handling on-set. ETA: Not addressing her death specifically, but presumably preventing future deaths in same/similar circumstances.

In some situations, ppl want all of the above to go full blast to address a death or injuries. but that seldom happens. Sad, sad, sad, but hard to be patient. my2ct.

I hope HH's husband & family can find some comfort in one or more of the above. Or they may find solace thru their faith about after-life outcome of those responsible for her death.

I think all modern Colt 45 replicas have the crossbar safety. There were plenty of lawsuits a couple decades ago and Corporate insurance got more expensive. This goes for all revolvers. Sturm/Ruger & Co even recalled already old revolvers and retrofitted them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper