Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your description of the 'last line of defense.'

As an example, my pharmacist is responsible for giving us the correct medications prescribed by our Drs.

Last week I picked up my hubby's blood pressure meds. When I got home I saw that they were very different looking than his last several bottles. Instead of being oval and white, they were circular and light blue.

I went back to the pharmacy and asked why they looked so different. Turns out they were 50 mg instead of 5 mg...:eek::eek::eek:

His usual dosage is 5 mg----for some inexplicable reason the order sent from the drs office said 50 mg----I still have no idea why.

Point being, I WAS THE LAST LINE OF DEFENSE. Much like AB, I had the responsibility to look at what I was given by the pharmacist before giving it to my husband. AND MY HUSBAND WOULD HAVE HAD TO LOOK FOR HIMSELF TOO.

That^^^ is how I see AB and the AD. He, AB, was the one who had the weapon in his hands and his finger on the trigger and was the one who pointed the gun at the crew. So it was up to him to make certain that gun was cleared. If he had watched the AD or the Armorer do so himself, then he would have done his part to keep things safe.

But the AD ignored his responsibility to check it out and the actor ignored his, which ended in a tragic death.
He also lied. "My finger never touched the trigger" when in the just published video taken moments before the fatal shot was discharged, his finger WAS RIGHT ON THE TRIGGER.

I hope the DA is not wavering on charges because she doesn't think she has a strong case. IMO, that video seals it. Guilty, lock him up and throw away the key, <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
He also lied. "My finger never touched the trigger" when in the just published video taken moments before the fatal shot was discharged, his finger WAS RIGHT ON THE TRIGGER.

I hope the DA is not wavering on charges because she doesn't think she has a strong case. IMO, that video seals it. Guilty, lock him up and throw away the key, <modsnip>

It was hilarious when he was talking to that detective on the phone and said he never, ever, ever put his finger on the trigger and she busted him.

How about when he said in an interview that the victim was the one that ordered him to point the gun at her? Did that ever show up in any of these videos?

He goes on to insist that the gun they had been using before was 'cold'.

'Right before you shoot. I went to lunch.

'She disarmed me - Hannah - she always handled the

The bullet went through Souza's arm first and then struck Hutchins. He recovered with an injury, but Hutchins died in the hospital.

Agree!
This should have the guilty feet held to the fire. Insane that they published this.

MOO
Haylna was shot first, then it went through Joel.

That’s what I thought.
I went back to his statement and around the 45:00 mark AB says ‘Hannah handed me the gun’ right before the shooting. (Did he correct that later?)

ETA: 47:00 mark he said the AD ‘never hands me the gun’.
That is really odd---because both Hannah and the AD swear that she wasn't even in the room when he was given the gun.

I wonder if AB was trying to pretend like they were all following protocol, at this point of time in the initial interview?

If so, it shows that he did know what was supposed to happen.

As a side note....

According to my insider source, the only person handing a weapon to anybody should be the armorer. The actor then re-checks it.

If the actor is not familiar with weapons, does not want the responsibility, or is opposed to handling weapons any more than absolutely needed, the weapon is re- checked by his / her "shooting partner" (experienced actor) or somebody functioning as a range officer.

And, well run sets have a 'safety table' on the set where an actor / actress can place a weapon if they have any doubt what the weapon is loaded with and how they are to use it. A rubber gun is still a weapon for set purposes.

The weapon is then re-issued by the armorer, re-re checked by somebody, and instructions clarified.
The talking Court TV heads said all AB could get was about 18 months punishment for not checking the gun (New Mexico law). That and of course monetary restitution above what Insurance pays.
I find it really telling that AB said the day of shooting that he —-just wants to buy a house in Vermont and quit acting— I’ll probably never act again —-
Cause I think he’s been acting post this tragedy. There must be a -type- of personality that he has …I noticed it in his interviews ..it’s like rapid fire circular self preservation. IMO his paramount goal is soothing himSELF.

MOO

That is really odd---because both Hannah and the AD swear that she wasn't even in the room when he was given the gun.

I wonder if AB was trying to pretend like they were all following protocol, at this point of time in the initial interview?

If so, it shows that he did know what was supposed to happen.

I agree with this. I bet that a review of his phone calls after the shooting, the first one was probably to an attorney for the production company.

Two facts I just saw on another forum, which were stated by AB during the BWC footage of his interview with LE :

Alec Baldwin admitted to the cops he knows the difference between dummy rounds and live rounds.
He also admitted he didn’t personally check the firearm .

So he has the knowledge that there is a difference, can describe in detail the difference .....but fails to take responsibility of this firearm safety check. And, he personally ON CAMERA said so.

^^^^^That is trouble for AB

MOO

I find it really telling that AB said the day of shooting that he —-just wants to buy a house in Vermont and quit acting—
Cause I think he’s been acting post this tragedy.

There must be a -type- of personality that he has …I noticed it in his interviews ..it’s like rapid fire circular self preservation. IMO his paramount goal is soothing himSELF.

I think you have a good assessment. Self preservation is a natural instinct, but AB seems to be doing to it haphazardly and also presenting an image that he is far above the situation.

This may stem from not having been told "no" in quite some time. Then factor in that he is not a wealthy self made businessmen where astuteness is a cornerstone to success. Rather, he is a wealthy actor.

Some individual ubber successful actors and athletes can also have razor sharp intellects that can quickly grasp, then respond well to changing and challenging circumstances. I don't know, however, if AB is one of those.

Last edited:
I’m sorry because this was likely discussed—but HG handed AB the gun? I thought it was the AD.

That’s what I thought.
I went back to his statement and around the 45:00 mark AB says ‘Hannah handed me the gun’ right before the shooting. (Did he correct that later?)

ETA: 47:00 mark he said the AD ‘never hands me the gun’.
Who knows? Joel Souza also told police right away that HGR had handed AB the gun when police interviewed him at his bedside in hospital. I'm not sure how many people were in the room at the time of shooting, but not very many apparently, so out of those, at least two of them said HGR handed AB the gun - the shooter and a victim.

"Souza also told police "the armorer" handed Baldwin the gun and described the incident from his perspective in an interview from his hospital bed which he later said he could not recall because he was "zonked out" on medication."

Alec Baldwin's first words to detectives revealed as cops release 'Rust' bodycams, crime scene photos

... I find it really telling that AB said the day of shooting that he —-just wants to buy a house in Vermont and quit acting— I’ll probably never act again —-...
@BeachSky bbm sbm Thanks for your post, as I had forgotten that.

Per yesterday's Daily Mail* headline, apparently AB had forgotten that as well:
"'Haunted' Alec Baldwin complained about how Rust shooting cost him jobs."

"He said in that phone call that he'd lost work as a result of the accident and that it's 'really tough' on his kids."
Tough on your kids, AB? What about Halyna's son?

"Baldwin said he'd been '
fired' from the rest of his projects for the year as a result of the accident." bbm
Projects for the year? Shooting occurred Oct. 21, an early day of the scheduled 21(?) day filming. How much work could you have lost, AB?
Ignoring T'Giving, Christmas, NY eve, max of six weeks of regular (non-Hollywood) employment calendar?
How much work did you lose, AB?

"Then, bringing the phone to his ear, he said: 'I don't want to do this film anymore, I don't."
Did anyone try to force you to do that, AB?

"I don't want to be a public person."

So why are you (and various family members)
posing for paparazzi while prancing all around NY, VT, & England, etc paparazzi ??? Seemingly little or no attempt to be low profile.

"I'm the one holding the gun in my hand that everyone was supposed to have taken care of."

Everyone was supposed to take care? Well, everyone except you, AB?

'They always hand me a cold gun.' "

Not your fault in any way, shape or form? Not responsible for doing what an ordinary person w any exposure, education, or experience in handling guns, would do, in being handed a gun, AB? That is, verify loaded/unloaded status.

{{ ETA. Have you been listening to yourself, AB? Regardless, time to stop talking and digging the hole any deeper. I'm not a publicist, just my2ct}}

Last edited:
The talking Court TV heads said all AB could get was about 18 months punishment for not checking the gun (New Mexico law). That and of course monetary restitution above what Insurance pays.
I find it really telling that AB said the day of shooting that he —-just wants to buy a house in Vermont and quit acting— I’ll probably never act again —-
Cause I think he’s been acting post this tragedy. There must be a -type- of personality that he has …I noticed it in his interviews ..it’s like rapid fire circular self preservation. IMO his paramount goal is soothing himSELF.

MOO
Couldn't agree more.

I watched the video of him being told HH didn't make it on mute, several times, awful acting. It's all me,me,me.

Honestly, I think that the worst thing AB has done since he shot Halyna Hutchins was continuing to give interviews on video, and post on Facebook, Instagram. That all should have been shutdown the day after the shooting. And not one word from AB until it had been triple checked with his attorneys.

Honestly, I think that the worst thing AB has done since he shot Halyna Hutchins was continuing to give interviews on video, and post on Facebook, Instagram.

That all should have been shutdown the day after the shooting. And not one word from AB until it had been triple checked with his attorneys.

Well said. The fact that he has not done that could imply that he is not one of the wealthy actors / athletes who mix performance skills with intellectual astuteness.

One would think the road you advocate would be readily apparent:

1. Shut down all social media.

2. Hire a spokesperson. The message: "AB is devastated by the accidental death and facing mounting legal bills from multiple filed suits. He hopes a fair resolution can be reached before bankruptcy occurs".

Of course, AB's legal bills could be nominal by his standards. He may also know that the various personal injury Darth Vaders are never going to be satisfied until he is drained- so why seriously deal with them?

Instead, AB's attention is focused on transferring non exempt assets to uhmm.... "Galaxies (OK, Carribean islands) far, far away" - from US court jurisdiction, not Endor.

But.... the spokes person spins sounds good.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member